iPhone 6 Plus Vs OnePlus One #MY THOUGHTS

SeventhAnomaly

So most of us know about the OnePlus One, that cool phone that people always seem to be talking about being the ultimate flagship killer. Well that might be the case but as much as the "Android" community seem to be happy about that phone, there is another group of people dedicated to a fruit of a company called "Apple". So when we put these 2 phones against each other it will bring a lot of controversy on which is better. So we decided to take a quick look to find which phone will actually be better. 

FULL ARTICLE I WROTE AT >>> http://www.seventhanomaly.com/reviews/2015/2/15/oneplus-one-vs-iphone-6-plus

THANKS TO Squarespace

I do OWN both devices so this is just my opinion

Living in a parallel universe // PC Guy turns MAC.... 

Something ins't right...

very nicely done :)

I will never understand, how a 800€ phone, with half the performance than "flagship" phones can be better/equal

Edit: not targeting your review, just saying what has been told to me countless times

Nice article! hope to be seeing more from you.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Literally the decision I have to make tonight... 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

inb4 Apple hate

Personally I think the 6 plus is a better buy.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Nice. And welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately when people have gone to the point of turning into iSheep, they fail to see all reason and will always think Apple products are superior.

Not that it matters to me.

Then there's the Android sheeple who think that anything Apple is horrible...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Literally the decision I have to make tonight... 

iphone has 1 huge feature over OPO that it can never match:

a picture of an apple on the back

;)))))))))))

imo great feature 

all jk aside id go for an iPhone because of iOS and stability. Coming from someone whose been 1337 android user for 5 years straight

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Nice. And welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately when people have gone to the point of turning into iSheep, they fail to see all reason and will always think Apple products are superior.

Not that it matters to me.

i bought an iphone 6 plus, not because it's an apple product, but because i like the OS, and the design of the phone. ps, the a8 outperforms the snapdragon 805

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

iphone has 1 huge feature over OPO that it can never match:

a picture of an apple on the back

;)))))))))))

If your talking about branding there is a Cyanogen Mod in letter on the back. 

i bought an iphone 6 plus, not because it's an apple product, but because i like the OS, and the design of the phone. ps, the a8 outperforms the snapdragon 805

The oneplus has a 801.  

There was something about using the Oneplus I was just not liking it. iPhone on the other hand I still enjoy using it. They are both good devices and if you are an apple user already chances are you wills stick with IOS. Frankly they are so similar its almost to the point where who cares (IOS vs Android) ? 

The oneplus has the advantage over an iPhone beyond running android. That is price, what you lose it support, heck right now they apparently aren't shipping to Canada. The company scares me and is why I will spend the money on the iphone 6 plus. Also because Im in Canada the oneplus becomes a $550 phone. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Awesome write up! Definitely hope to see more from you :)

I will never understand, how a 800€ phone, with half the performance than "flagship" phones can be better/equal

Edit: not targeting your review, just saying what has been told to me countless times

Larger numbers do not equate to a better phone. In a lot of ways the Apple device is better than the OnePlus, even if the numbers of the related items are larger on the OpO

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

If your talking about branding there is a Cyanogen Mod in letter on the back. 

its a joke because only reason iPhone costs so much is the apple on the back

also 1+ is moving away from cyanogen. now oxyclean os

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Awesome write up! Definitely hope to see more from you :)

Larger numbers do not equate to a better phone. In a lot of ways the Apple device is better than the OnePlus, even if the numbers of the related items are larger on the OpO

That may be true, but how would a dual-core@1,4Ghz compare to a quad-core@2,5Ghz ? and 1Gb RAM to 3Gb RAM? :D Some, who are unfamiliar on the subject just go for bigger numbers/performance, and the OpO is waaay cheaper, so why buy a 800€ phone? As an owner of a HTC One M7 with Android Revolution HD I can say, that my performance is flawless and without any issues :) just my .02

@SeventhAnomaly 

This part is my favorite: 

CyanogenMod does has a few hiccups

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Seriously? 

The Oneplus is cheap because they aren't making any money on them, aren't doing any advertising, wasn't even a "unique" new design, and they initially didn't want to produce a large number of them and still seem to avoid doing so, they also don't have a very good support system in place. 

Spoiler

Seriously? 

The Oneplus is cheap because they aren't making any money on them, aren't doing any advertising, wasn't even a "unique" new design, and they initially didn't want to produce a large number of them and still seem to avoid doing so, they also don't have a very good support system in place. 

idk what you're trying to say

meant to say only thing iPhone has over opo is the apple brand. Not much else.

xoxo samantha <3

idk what you're trying to say

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. 

Either you were trying to explain your joke which I understood or were actually being serious. A difficult distinction when just reading words. 

Spoiler

That may be true, but how would a dual-core@1,4Ghz compare to a quad-core@2,5Ghz ? and 1Gb RAM to 3Gb RAM? :D Some, who are unfamiliar on the subject just go for bigger numbers/performance, and the OpO is waaay cheaper, so why buy a 800€ phone? As an owner of a HTC One M7 with Android Revolution HD I can say, that my performance is flawless and without any issues :) just my .02

It's really simple. A better designed OS. The Apple one may be pretty basic, but it's designed very well for the hardware; they are, after all, designed together.

So the Apple OS doesn't need the power and might that Android does.

Look at the battery life. Both these phones have similar sized batteries, the Apple phone goes farther. The Apple phone excels in benchmarks. All while being a "lesser phone".

You buy the more expensive phone for a much better OS, customer support that's a million times better, and a much, much higher build quality. A lot of people will pay for that.

As has been proven time and time again.

I may sound a little Apple biased here, but I'm not. It's just simple fact.

I would never buy an iPhone, and hate Apple as a corporation.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

-snip-

That is why I flashed Android Revolution HD on my HTC One :D no more bloatware, better battery life and is visibly faster, more responsive :)

I would never buy an Iphone too. Used to have one back in the day, worst two weeks of my life :D

First off: to the OP, great post! Very balanced and unbiased. I'll read your other stuff. :)

So the Apple OS doesn't need the power and might that Android does.

Neither does Android. Android and iOS handle resources completely differently.

On iOS, the system uses as little RAM as possible, leaving the rest for apps. That's how the 6 Plus gets by on 1GB. (Though if my iPad 3 with 1GB of RAM is anything to go by, they really should've bumped up the RAM to 2GB, even if that was a 6 Plus-exclusive feature like OIS)

On Android, the system takes up much more RAM than it needs, then when you use up all the RAM the OS uses less and lets the app use it. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

A phone with the 6 Plus's specs could run Android just fine, though it would be budget and would have to be priced below the Moto G to be feasible.

Look at the battery life. Both these phones have similar sized batteries, the Apple phone goes farther. The Apple phone excels in benchmarks. All while being a "lesser phone".

Thanks to Cyanogenmod's optimizations, I regularly get 6 1/2 hours of screen on time with my OPO, with 17 hours of overall battery life. My friend with a 6 Plus gets almost exactly the same battery life.

You buy the more expensive phone for a much better OS,

Subjective.

customer support that's a million times better,

I will agree with you there. Apple Stores are unbeatable.

and a much, much higher build quality.

I much, much, MUCH prefer grippy, textured plastic to slippery, smooth aluminum. It's more durable, eliminates my need for a case (though I use the OnePlus Flip Cover because I want to, not because I need to) and feels better. My friend, a hard core Apple fanboy who owns a regular 6, prefers the OPO's build quality over his 6.

I will never buy another aluminum phone, no matter what OS it's running or what company makes it.

A lot of people will pay for that. As has been proven time and time again.

Most of the people I know who own iPhones are not tech savvy. They only know of Android as what it was in 2008, a laggy, slow, buggy iOS ripoff. They don't know Blackberry still exists, they call Windows Phone "Windows Mobile" and think that any phone other than an iPhone is for poor people. They are also the ones who think my OPO is a "TV,' "tablet" or "calculator," yet object when I say their iPhone 4Ss and 5s are like Fisher Price phones as far as size goes.

There are obviously exceptions to this, I'm just stating my experience.

I may sound a little Apple biased here, but I'm not. It's just simple fact.

I would never buy an iPhone, and hate Apple as a corporation.

You must:

1) Own a Blackberry

2) Own a Windows Phone

3) Own a cheapo Android Phone from LG, ZTE, Samsung, Huawei or Xiaomi

4) Own any other Android phone from LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony or Xiaomi

If you owned a OPO, Motorola phone, Nexus or GPe phone, you wouldn't have said this.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I am surprised you didn't get better battery life out of your OPO.  I always get 3-4 days of use out of mine, which is why I love it so much. As far as I know it is one of the best smart phones out there for battery life currently.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I had an iPhone back in the 3GS days.

I've got a OPO now.

Both are great, in my opinion, but to me the OPO was the natural choice; I simply could not justify spending so much money on a phone again.

inb4 Apple hate

Personally I think the 6 plus is a better buy.

I bought the iPhone 6 Plus ! with my money.... NO HATE :P I would also personally prefer an iPhone 6Plus for the 5 questions I mentioned ! :P 

Something ins't right...

First off: to the OP, great post! Very balanced and unbiased. I'll read your other stuff. :)

Neither does Android. Android and iOS handle resources completely differently.

On iOS, the system uses as little RAM as possible, leaving the rest for apps. That's how the 6 Plus gets by on 1GB. (Though if my iPad 3 with 1GB of RAM is anything to go by, they really should've bumped up the RAM to 2GB, even if that was a 6 Plus-exclusive feature like OIS)

On Android, the system takes up much more RAM than it needs, then when you use up all the RAM the OS uses less and lets the app use it. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

A phone with the 6 Plus's specs could run Android just fine, though it would be budget and would have to be priced below the Moto G to be feasible.

Thanks to Cyanogenmod's optimizations, I regularly get 6 1/2 hours of screen on time with my OPO, with 17 hours of overall battery life. My friend with a 6 Plus gets almost exactly the same battery life.

Subjective.

I will agree with you there. Apple Stores are unbeatable.

I much, much, MUCH prefer grippy, textured plastic to slippery, smooth aluminum. It's more durable, eliminates my need for a case (though I use the OnePlus Flip Cover because I want to, not because I need to) and feels better. My friend, a hard core Apple fanboy who owns a regular 6, prefers the OPO's build quality over his 6.

I will never buy another aluminum phone, no matter what OS it's running or what company makes it.

Most of the people I know who own iPhones are not tech savvy. They only know of Android as what it was in 2008, a laggy, slow, buggy iOS ripoff. They don't know Blackberry still exists, they call Windows Phone "Windows Mobile" and think that any phone other than an iPhone is for poor people. They are also the ones who think my OPO is a "TV,' "tablet" or "calculator," yet object when I say their iPhone 4Ss and 5s are like Fisher Price phones as far as size goes.

There are obviously exceptions to this, I'm just stating my experience.

You must:

1) Own a Blackberry

2) Own a Windows Phone

3) Own a cheapo Android Phone from LG, ZTE, Samsung, Huawei or Xiaomi

4) Own any other Android phone from LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony or Xiaomi

If you owned a OPO, Motorola phone, Nexus or GPe phone, you wouldn't have said this.

Agreed..... 

Something ins't right...