Spray-painting keyboard?

Fatelinha

Hi guys :D

So, I'm bored and my keyboard is ugly. I want to paint it but I don't know how :( I've searched but have found any proper tutorial on how to do it.

If I pop the keys out and spray them the letters will disappear (Much clever. Much wow. xD)

Should I sand it first?

Do you know how to do it? Know any good tutorial?

Btw, the keyboard is this one: btc-btc-5201-ps2-keyboard-22.20.jpg

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Does the keyboard have a glossy surface?

If so, then yes I would sand it first :)

It seems impossible until it's done.

Does the keyboard have a glossy surface?

If so, then yes I would sand it first :)

I think it once had xD but know it is a bit worned out. Better do it though.

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

I think it once had xD but know it is a bit worned out. Better do it though

Yeah, always recommended :)

Yeah, always recommended :)

What about the letters? They will disappear... MY PRECIOUS letters...

What about the letters? D«They will disappear... MY PRECIOUS letters...

Yes, id imagine so.

And if you spray painted over them they would disappear anyway:P

Remember light coats and lots of them spacing them out to give it time to dry. Maybe consider a clear coat(if you want a shiny look): 

just watch this video : 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Remember light coats and lots of them spacing them out to give it time to dry. Maybe consider a clear coat(if you want a shiny look): 

just watch this video : 

I've read a lot about the spraying. I just need a solution for the letters... Any Idea?

I've read a lot about the spraying. I just need a solution for the letters... Any Idea?

letter stickers

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about the letters if you plan to spray paint it but you could cover them a have a stealth one with no lettering like one model from DAS keyboards.

http://www.daskeyboard.com/daskeyboard-4-ultimate/

You could try plastidip and if you dont like it you can peel it off...

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

You could try plastidip and if you dont like it you can peel it off...

Do you knwo where to buy that in Portugal?

• 3 weeks later...

You can just use a normal spray paint if you want. :)  Mine below, I didn't use any Primer or anything, just normal spray paint. Just make sure the surface is clean and free from dust.

IMG_07036.JPG

Cheers! :D

You can just use a normal spray paint if you want. :)  Mine below, I didn't use any Primer or anything, just normal spray paint. Just make sure the surface is clean and free from dust.

IMG_07036.JPG

Cheers! :D

And the letters? Did you repainted them?

I don't think he painted the key caps, they look like the stock CM mechanical keyboard key caps.

To keep the lettering, you could try dying the caps instead of painting them. I've seen people using RIT Dye with some success, but I don't know if something similar is available in Portugal.

I don't think he painted the key caps, they look like the stock CM mechanical keyboard key caps.

To keep the lettering, you could try dying the caps instead of painting them. I've seen people using RIT Dye with some success, but I don't know if something similar is available in Portugal.

Yeah... Well thank you for your answer :D Guess I'll just leave it beije xD

That's a Razer Blackwidow *flies away*

If I'd be painting that keyboard, I wouldn't do anything to the keycaps. They look baller already : D

hi... I didn't... and yes, it's the Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition KB...