[TL;DR] Rental Equipment Credits

There is a new design post on RSI's website about how you'll be able to rent equipment starting with the next AC 1.1 patch.

TL;DR version:

You can earn Rental Equipment Credits (REC) by playing ranked AC matches (anything except Vanduul Co-Op and racing) and use them to rent equipment (ships, weapons, shields, etc.) for 7 days of log in (multiple log-ins on one day count as 1 day, not logging in for a whole Day will not decrease your rental time). You pay 10% of the price that it would be in UEC and renewal is 20% of that. (i.e. M4A Laser Cannon: 8,000 UEC; 800 REC. 640 REC renewal) Renewal can only be done 7 days in advance. CIG accounted for about 1800 REC per hour, so it would take you a hour of gameplay to earn 2 M4As. Rented equipment can be used AC wide but will not carry over to PU. Ships come with stock loadout.

Edited by Napper198

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

I approve this information and it's interpretation

I approve this approval

Also I be renting meh lazors!

I like the idea of the rental system I think its a good way of going about getting stuff in AC.

Just hope that they allow me to melt my old voyager junk before they possibly drop the pricings in uec.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Just hope that they allow me to melt my old voyager junk before they possibly drop the pricings in uec.

They aren't dropping prices and you can't melt anything from the voyager shop

So this is interesting:

"One thing that wasn't clear from the Friday post was that REC time is not real life time - its based on daily play. A week in REC is not necessarily a week in real life as the 7 days don't need to be concurrent. If you log in over 7 days over a month that would be the same as logging in for 7 consecutive days. The example in Calix's design overview of needing about 7 hours to "earn" a Hornet for a week was on the rational that playing 1 hour a day for 7 days would earn you a Hornet to fly for 7 days. Seems a pretty fair trade off - especially for a ship that others have contributed $110 for the right to fly the same ship in the PU and AC." - CR

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/232661/rental-equipment-credits-rec/p1

So this is interesting:

"One thing that wasn't clear from the Friday post was that REC time is not real life time - its based on daily play. A week in REC is not necessarily a week in real life as the 7 days don't need to be concurrent. If you log in over 7 days over a month that would be the same as logging in for 7 consecutive days. The example in Calix's design overview of needing about 7 hours to "earn" a Hornet for a week was on the rational that playing 1 hour a day for 7 days would earn you a Hornet to fly for 7 days. Seems a pretty fair trade off - especially for a ship that others have contributed $110 for the right to fly the same ship in the PU and AC." - CR

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/232661/rental-equipment-credits-rec/p1

Thanks for pointing this out. I edited it accordingly.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

They aren't dropping prices and you can't melt anything from the voyager shop

For the issue of melting, they plan to as it was mentioned by one of the devs. It is considered as real on the subscriber forums. The pricing on vd though is what people are scratching heads on. A number are thinking that the prices are high currently since you can't lose anything s.d might be less on release.

I'm not sold on that way of thinking but would still be happier freeing up uec to be open to possibilities at start.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro