NVIDIA Sends Press Invitations To March 3rd Event, Teasing A Gaming Product '5 Years In The Making'

abhay6547

Looks to me like they're going to announce a new Android tablet. I hope it has even more streaming options to follow up to the Shield tablet. Maybe there's a possibility of increased Nvidia GRID integration?

qMtMuFX.png

Source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/02/10/nvidia-sends-press-invitations-to-march-3rd-event-teasing-a-gaming-product-5-years-in-the-making/

"redefine the the future of gaming"

Wat

It's the future; it hasn't been "defined" yet...  How can they "redefine" it...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

plot twist

IT'S A LAPTOP

or maybe a 970 with 4gb of fast gddr5  /jk

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

A large portion of me does not give 1 single fuck about anything they have to say or do unless it involves the words "we apologize for lying to our customers about the 970, and furthermore apologize about our lie about why/how that happened"

Even without a refund, they still need to apologize.

This.

Also, I'll bet my ass it's an X1 powered thing with grid streaming. Wheeeee don't care.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

What do you imagine G-sync 2.0 would do? 

The current G-Sync is an FPGA, if they manage to create an ASIC module, costs will become significantly lower.  FPGA saved their asses when they had to redesign how G-Sync worked, but now it's a crutch because each individual chip is so expensive. Though now that I think about it, G-Sync has probably been worked on for far less than 5-years so it's not gonna be that.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

"PhysX didn't work"

"3D Vision didn't work"

"Our competitor did G-sync better" (?)

"Gameworks only exists to make games run poorly on our older video cards and AMD's video cards and offers no visual benefit."

What will the minds of Nvidia think of next?

Forgot that Game Works also exists to sell SLI setups for low resolutions like 1080p/1440p LOL. Got to love Game Works. It is getting so bad people with Nvidia cards are turning down tessellation in games because they run like garbage.

In all seriousness though it will be some kind of proprietary BS. If it is streaming I could give two @$%@^ because streaming is not the future. We need a completely new internet infrastructure, and even then streaming introduces artifacts, lag (multiplayer is pointless) and worse fidelity than a real system. In addition it will also cost more in the long run for the consumer.

In house streaming? We already have Steam. Gaming on phones sucks. Gaming on portables sucks. It is something little kids do on the bus to school (I had a Sega Game Gear as a kid and guess what, it SUCKED). Why the hell would I use a Shield when I can stream to a TV on the wall in my bedroom and use a cordless Xbox 360 controller...

Not like I need to continue my game when I am on the toilet. That is when I actually use my phone for something other than making calls or taking pictures. I read the newspaper/tech sites. 

Streaming is something video game companies want to do, to "end piracy" but the cost is lower fidelity, worse gameplay. It is never going to happen. They want to convince people it is going to happen and it is awesome. It is not awesome it sucks. It will even suck on internet infrastructure we currently don't even have yet. In addition we will get raped by the cable companies for the bandwidth.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I'm gonna guess this is a VR display like the oculus.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Well if they've specifically invited android police I'm inclined to suspect it will be Tegra related.  But I don't follow nvidia cpus or care much about arm in general.  I await patrick and luka to either paint how off base my assumption is, or how blind I am for my distaste/dissatisfaction with ARMs internet of underpowered fairly useless things.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-4-processor.html

http://releasetablet.com/tegra-note-7-android-4-3/

What they did, feels like sticking a 120mph speed limiter on a nissan GTR. "yeah you got this really powerful card at said price, ignore the fact that we intentionally fiddled with it to make sure that it can't outdo the next higher product"

You do know the stock Nissan GT-R (R35 version 2009 and up) comes with a stock speed limiter of 112mph. There are ways around this with handheld tuning devices that cost $500-700 but if you purchased one from the dealership and expect that advertised 193mph top speed you would be very disappointed.

I know this is unrelated to the topic at hand but I figured that I would throw that out there since it is technically on the same kind of subject as the 970

I can't wait, they are presenting this at GDC in March...I'll get to see the event in person :P

"redefine the the future of gaming"

Wat

It's the future; it hasn't been "defined" yet...  How can they "redefine" it...

That is their thing recently. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I wonder how many people are gonna ask if it's to reveal a GTX 980Ti. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Its obviously the 8Gb 920

HTID

What do you imagine G-sync 2.0 would do?

Use an ASIC instead of an FPGA?

Not require an FPGA?

Titan II, G-Sync 2.0, or a new device based off X1.  2 of these I want to happen, 1 of these I'd rather they just not bother.  In other news, I hope their stock breaks $21 and stays there :)

Or they might officially announce Mobile GSync since it recently leaked out.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

You do know the stock Nissan GT-R (R35 version 2009 and up) comes with a stock speed limiter of 112mph. There are ways around this with handheld tuning devices that cost $500-700 but if you purchased one from the dealership and expect that advertised 193mph top speed you would be very disappointed.

I know this is unrelated to the topic at hand but I figured that I would throw that out there since it is technically on the same kind of subject as the 970

GT-R's are only limited to 180k/112mph in Japan because it's the law there, most US/EU countries have it limited to the 155mph standard. Unless I'm crazy and they did limit all GT-R's to 112mph.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I would say a Nvidiia notebook or PC, maybe a nice technology.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

G-Sync 2.0

Their own virtual reality glasses.

Maybe a graphics card.

That's my prediction. :D

who cares...

GT-R's are only limited to 180k/112mph in Japan because it's the law there, most US/EU countries have it limited to the 155mph standard. Unless I'm crazy and they did limit all GT-R's to 112mph.

The GT-R is limited here in the states as well. Europe might be another story since they are usually more relaxed on speed limits but the ones here are limited especially for high end cars like that, which are able to run in the 10s in the 1/4 stock. I remember there was a big stink about it when the car was first released on Tamparacing.com which is a big tuner forum that I used to frequent when I had my 99 Camaro SS. I would go on there all the time to setup races and I remember reading all the fuss about it.

G-Sync 2.0/GRID/Titan II/DIRECTX 12/HALF LIFE 3/NVLINK/SOME MORE SHIT CONFIRMED

GTX 970 7.5GB

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

I'm sorry what was the original topic? It seems to have got lost in all the 970 banter.

How could they have been making it for 5 years and still be a secret?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's GM200 or it's a game that's been in the works that long. Bear in mind architectures are planned out in a general way almost 5 years in advance in the GPU world.

A large portion of me does not give 1 single fuck about anything they have to say or do unless it involves the words "we apologize for lying to our customers about the 970, and furthermore apologize about our lie about why/how that happened"

Even without a refund, they still need to apologize.

Not believing a large company can make that simple a mistake is absolutely naive. Companies lose billions each year just due to tiny accounting errors adding up. Spelling errors make it into user manuals (I have a couple G.Skill RAM docs with less than perfect english. Engineers have far more important things to do than babysit the marketing dept. and the technical details in press about their products (they care about performance a lot though), and the marketing dept. is too pre-occupied with image to question the engineers when a document comes through. Everyone assumes everything went right until it does go wrong, because usually they are competent enough to avoid mistakes. Google's that way with its programmers too.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hmmm...as soon as I saw the top graphic of the invite I though: "gaming notebook/laptop"...

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

Does Nvidia have their own virtual reality product yet? If not, I'm guessing that's what it is. 

All good ideas here. But don't kid yourselves, it's likely another stupid fucking chip for tablet, the Tegra "Look at all the beautiful games you can play on tablets now.....IF THEY EXISTED!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

combining gsync with ulmb is the only thing that would be worth that statement, which would certainly make the expensive gsync module worth it, but i doubt it... prob a huge let down inc

also, do you kids really think a new gpu is what they mean with "redefining the future of gaming"?...  im sad for the inside of your heads then