Weapons and shields

drewjn

Just posting to see other peoples' opinions on effective set-ups. Also, just in case, before anyone comes into the thread and replies:

1) yes this is for a game called Star Citizen, if you don't know anything about the game you are in the wrong subforum.

2) I do know that everything is subject to change, so thread is about current set ups, and what is effective in arena commander

The weapons I have currently to test with:

Ominsky IV, multiple badgers, multiple suckerpunch distortion, two neutron cannons, one sawbuck, one longsword (maybe more guns then this, but hard to tell sometimes)

The last two are ammunition based and as I have not really learned how to resupply/reload, I have been using more of the energy weapons. I heard the gatling gun is also efficient for the small fry. I haven't tried out the different sort of missiles as I don't want to pay to just test them.

On the rsi forums, it seems that the ominsky's are very efficient at this point, and from testing, I wish I had more as they have a long range and decent damage. The badgers (incl. panther, etc) are my current mainstays, as I have more of them, and they are effective at medium/short range, but cool down quite slowly. I haven't used the suckerpunch much, but probably should try to get used to them, and the neutrons are somewhat decent for c1 weapons.

Any thoughts on effective weapons and configs? Also, has anyone tried out the new shields?

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

ominsky´s have always been effective, in the past they were slow shooting hard hitters, now...they shoot faster but i dont know about damage, i have them but i haven´t done much with them, i stick with Stock load-out 99% of the time.

I do prefer Ominsky over Longsword because "bullet" travel speed is faster.

No clue regarding Shields.

ominsky´s have always been effective, in the past they were slow shooting hard hitters, now...they shoot faster but i dont know about damage, i have them but i haven´t done much with them, i stick with Stock load-out 99% of the time.

Longsword seems to use ammo. Any way to reload while in flight, or what you have is all you can use till you die (or it magically regens)?

My main issue concerning stock is that I own two ships, neither being flyable. So I have two loaners, one a cutlass black, the other a basic hornet. Both being kind of a ripoff as my two ships are better than either of them. Wished they'd at least loan me the super... It makes flying stock sort of useless, lest I wish to die at wave 8 to 10...

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

Longsword seems to use ammo. Any way to reload while in flight, or what you have is all you can use till you die (or it magically regens)?

My main issue concerning stock is that I own two ships, neither being flyable. So I have two loaners, one a cutlass black, the other a basic hornet. Both being kind of a ripoff as my two ships are better than either of them. Wished they'd at least loan me the super... It makes flying stock sort of useless, lest I wish to die at wave 8 to 10...

unfortunately the ships value are based on in game rarity rather than performance

3-⁴ hits for a lower class Vanduul depending on where you hit very easy to trace your shots, lethal to be hit by one in an Aurora but overheat quickly.

Longswords 5-6 hits for a kill can take an engine out with a direct hit but not kill, overheats by round 12 if your cooling is knocked out so a good option if you want to stay in the fight, poor tracing rounds and slow firing

Strange if by rarity, both are anniversary editions, lol. I think it may be that you can only get a loaner of a basic class of a ship. So in this case, the highest they will loan me is a basic cutlass or a basic hornet.

What do they loan you if you have an idris or a connie?

Still new, but learning

Strange if by rarity, both are anniversary editions, lol. I think it may be that you can only get a loaner of a basic class of a ship. So in this case, the highest they will loan me is a basic cutlass or a basic hornet.

What do they loan you if you have an idris or a connie?

anniversary editions are just extra insurance, no idea on loaners tbh

Basic Hornet or Cutlass are the highest loaner ships go right now as far as I know.

Doubt they'll change it until more multi crew ships are flyable.

I really liked the Mantis Gatling on the Hornet back in AC 0.8 but they got hot really fast.

The M4A is more of a slow hitter but 3-4 shots from 2 of them can pop a Scavenger and they usually run out of power before the heat up.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

• 4 weeks later...

I know exactly what you mean, own a Dur and got the crappy loaner (base hornet) with no side shields and 2 repeaters (missiles i dont use to much, maybe pass 14 round) usually i get around 18th wave but thats on hotas :)

I know exactly what you mean, own a Dur and got the crappy loaner (base hornet) with no side shields and 2 repeaters (missiles i dont use to much, maybe pass 14 round) usually i get around 18th wave but thats on hotas :)

It's an old quote, since I now do full decoupled flight, I do far better.

Still new, but learning