Love the thin bezel

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Would trade in my zenbook for in a heartbeat, even though it doesn't have a gt840m

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

size isn't everything... once you get it in your hands....its a little weired.. oh stap it Linus lol.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Wahoo Thanks Guys! I really wanted to see a vid about this. I might be picking one up soon!

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

What's the ip-rating on this laptop? 

@LinusTech

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Looks lovely but the max of 8GB of RAM is dumb.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

thanks nick

aww shucks i live in aus and cant order roses 

ALSO IS IT WATER RESISTANT     

been wanting a laptop for a while......

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Will watch this once my freaking internet is fixed.

Will probably get this laptop as well

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

How long the battery last in real-life performance ?

As a tab hoarder, I agree with the call for a 16GB option, but I can't tell you how glad I am Dell offers this with a proper matte screen, and the increase in usability in more than dimly-lit environments more than makes up for the "lack" of touch option on that one.

Yay for matte screens!

Oh man... This ultrabook seems awesome! "Unfortunatelly" i got a Dell M2800 for free (because of a contract) so im actually thinking selling it, just to get something like the XPS13 :P
#FirstWorldProblems

If anything, what would be a better alternative for a light and small yet powerful Ultrabook (not for gaming) that I can use at university and that has great battery life? (at least 7-8H+ IRL use, not manufactured battery life)

I have looked at the samsung's, asus' and acer's 2015 Ultrabooks but they just all seem to have things that I am not looking for, e.g. Intel M proccessors or low battery life. At the moment all I can see is this Dell laptop being the one to get.

I'm in the market for a laptop and the Dell XPS 13 has caught my eye.

I'm upgrading from my 2010 Macbook Pro (no h8 m8) and the first thing i did to that when i bought it was chuck in 8gb of ram.

The 8gb ram limit on this laptop is the deal breaker for me :(  If you're listening Dell... If you had an option to go 16gb i would be purchasing the top spec i7 model right this second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alas i'm going to wait to see what Apple does with its air and possibly look at Lenovo for other options.

You almost had me Dell... you almost had me.

Main Rig |  Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Intel 6700k @ 5ghz | Corsair H110i GTX | 16gb Kingston HyperX 2800mhz DDR4 | Corsair hx1000i | Intel 750 400gb NVME 2.5 SSD | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 8x 4tb Seagate HDD Synology DS1813+ | BenQ XL2720T | Zowie FK1 | Corsair K70 RGB | Sennheiser HD650 | Mayflower 02DAC and Amp combo | Blue Spark Microphone | Fractal Define S | Asus GTX980ti Strix

Wife's Rig | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel 3770k @ 4.8ghz | Corsair H100i 4x sp120 Quiet Edition | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz DDR3 | Corsair ax760i | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 3x 24" Lenovo 1200p Screens  | Bit Fenix Prodigy 230mm Intake & af140 Exhaust | Gigabyte GTX780

The battery pack thing, this thing:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dfo&sku=451-bblz

The one that Linus shows at 7:13

Does it work with the Dell XPS 12?

I think it does, but I wanna be sure before I get one. Does anyone know for sure if they are compatible?

I looked up on Dell's website, and it didn't mention the XPS 12 with the compatibility list, but then again, one of Dell's pages about this battery pack thing didn't even list the XPS 13 with the other compatible devises. 

@LinusTech, I know that you have a Dell XPS 12 as well. I would be grateful if you, or anyone who has tried the battery with the XPS 12, can confirm or deny if they work together.

Thanks.

Really love this laptop and was looking forward to this review but I just can't buy it with only 8gb of ram, also whilst the QHD screen looks amazing I would still prefer a 1080p screen with better battery life and an i7. Anyone know of any alternatives that fit that spec? (apart from a macbook pro, or is that my only option?).  

Main Rig: NZXT S340 | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.6GHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | GTX970 G1 Gaming | Samsung 840 250GB | Samsung 2TB |  Coolermaster Eisberg Custom Loop | BlackIce Nemisis GTS280 | Corsair TX750M With black braided cables | Windows 8 Pro | Dell 29” 21:9 U2913WM | AT2020 | Beyerdynamic DT100 | Microlab Solo 6C |

What's with the panel gap at 6:21, below the touchpad? 

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.