How to build a super cheap low-end gaming rig! <£150

SIGSEGV

NO.

You are not stealing my job.

then again, this thread is not really much competition to me, the build isn't the best.

NO.

You are not stealing my job.

then again, this thread is not really much competition to me, the build isn't the best.

How much did your rig cost?

But yeah, I am working on stealing your job :)

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

How much did your rig cost?

But yeah, I am working on stealing your job :)

Let's see, $230 (£150)

1. CPU

I would never get a chip that's not a quad core these days, for this, I would call for the Xeon x5550, which is still a great chip today.

$19.99 on ebay

2. motherboard

from my research, most x58 boards will work, and if you're willing to do some bidding, you can get them as low as $30.

$30

3. GPU

You can get by with an 8800GT, but I would reccomend something stronger. The HD5850 commonly sells for $60 today.

$60

4. RAM

never skimp on ram. x58 is triple channel, so I would reccomend 6GB minumum, which goes for $33 on ebay.

$33

5. Case

any case will really do, and I've seen some good condition cases on ebay for $10

$9.99

6. PSU

never, ever buy a used psu. the antec VP-450 is a solid power supply, and in 6 years of service to me, has never failed.

$19.99

7. Storage

Refurbished SSDs are amazing deals, you can get a 120GB SSD for $40, so I would reccomend shopping around for a bit.

$40

total:$192.98

Let's see, $230 (£150)

1. CPU

I would never get a chip that's not a quad core these days, for this, I would call for the Xeon x5550, which is still a great chip today.

$19.99 on ebay

That CPU is crazy good for the price... I've fixed up the OP

3. GPU

You can get by with an 8800GT, but I would reccomend something stronger. The HD5850 commonly sells for $60 today.

$60

I will look into this... It does seem pretty good but I'll need to do some more research

4. RAM

never skimp on ram. x58 is triple channel, so I would reccomend 6GB minumum, which goes for $33 on ebay.

$33

Honestly, I disagree, RAM doesn't usually affect gaming too much unless the RAM is horrendous. I'd honestly say that 4GB is a minimum (I've seen plenty of rigs with 4GB), though now 8GB is really the recommended amount you should have.

7. Storage

Refurbished SSDs are amazing deals, you can get a 120GB SSD for $40, so I would reccomend shopping around for a bit.

$40

I never actually thought about refurbished SSDs, $40 is pretty good for a 120GB SSD.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

• 2 weeks later...

What you have to do is get a used windows (7 or 8) pc (with something like a core 2 quad or athlon quad core and at least 4gb of ram ) for around 60-80$ and then get a used or new gpu for around 80$ and a psu for around 30$ it´s around 200$ but it should beat the consoles

What you have to do is get a used windows (7 or 8) pc (with something like a core 2 quad or athlon quad core and at least 4gb of ram ) for around 60-80$ and then get a used or new gpu for around 80$ and a psu for around 30$ it´s around 200$ but it should beat the consoles

For example:

add these:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JhVRyc

to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pro-3000-500-GB-Intel-Core-2-Duo-3-GHz-4-GB-PC-Desktop-VS799UT-ABA-/141572701792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f663fe60

Honestly if you want to get an ultra low budget get some cheap socket 771 xeons which normally cost around 20£ and then socket mod them to work on socket 775. Get a cheap g41 motherboard for less than 40£ and get a cheap used GPu. Something like a gtx 570 would offer some pretty good performance as they can be found for less than 80£ and perform similar to an HD 7850. That's what I would do.

get the pentium aniversary and u can maybe get like a 480 and i dunno what else just get budget stuff

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply