Build Plan Thread Recommendations (Please read before posting)

2 hours ago, Sakmetegd said:

hello everybody,

long time reader but first-time poster.

As for now, I have been looking at parts but I'm not sure what would be best for my needs. First time building my own computer. I have looked into pre-built as noted above from letsbld.com and cyberpowerpc.com

Needs: workstation (video editing, photo editing, and lighting design)

1. Budget & Location

$1000 - 1300 USD USA

2. Aim

Workstation: video, photo editing, and lighting design. 

3. Monitors

I own 3 nec monitors 24". I would love to be able to do up to 5 monitors or 4 monitors. (5 for when I am asked to randomly put up a video wall and don't want to get a matrix switch).

4. Peripherals

Have a basic keyboard and mouse that will do for now

5. Why are you upgrading?

Been working on a dell from 2004 and a MacBook pro, dell crashes 2-4 times a day and doesn't do any of my programs. The MacBook from 2011 was a gift and well its mac doesn't run everything I need. 

I'm assuming you're looking for part recommendations:

For Workstation purposes once again i would recommedn Ryzen, but at a 1000-1300 $ range youll probably end up with really entry-mid level stuff, possibly not enough to run 5 monitors.

If you can increase the budget, Id go with a Ryzen 7 1700 and a GTX 1070ti along with a 1080p IPS (or maybe even VA) panel monitor. The monitor will help get the best colour accuracy for photo and video editing, My recommendation is not to go overkill on multi monitor setups, instead invest in one good ips monitor for your editing.

However, if youre bound by your budget, you could manage a Ryzen 5 1400 or maybe even 1600 with a GTX 1050TI which should serve your purposes.If you want to run multiple monitors like 3-4 im not sure if this will cut it, you may need a 1060. But basically what you seem to be asking for is a High end setup at a budget price which is kind of tough at that price even second hand would be tricky to get 5 monitors running. But with regards to this number of monitors, maybe the forum has someone more experienced to respond to this :)

21 hours ago, ChaosJ said:

I'm assuming you're looking for part recommendations:

For Workstation purposes once again i would recommedn Ryzen, but at a 1000-1300 $ range youll probably end up with really entry-mid level stuff, possibly not enough to run 5 monitors.

If you can increase the budget, Id go with a Ryzen 7 1700 and a GTX 1070ti along with a 1080p IPS (or maybe even VA) panel monitor. The monitor will help get the best colour accuracy for photo and video editing, My recommendation is not to go overkill on multi monitor setups, instead invest in one good ips monitor for your editing.

However, if youre bound by your budget, you could manage a Ryzen 5 1400 or maybe even 1600 with a GTX 1050TI which should serve your purposes.If you want to run multiple monitors like 3-4 im not sure if this will cut it, you may need a 1060. But basically what you seem to be asking for is a High end setup at a budget price which is kind of tough at that price even second hand would be tricky to get 5 monitors running. But with regards to this number of monitors, maybe the forum has someone more experienced to respond to this :)

thanks allot for the info Chaos, I know the monitors are hectic, it's more what my job that wants them. I'm happy with 2 good IPS monitors but eh whatever they want.  I think I'm gonna have to raise the budget for a ryzen 7 as you said, and then get a gtx1060 6gb (for at least 4 monitors). 

On 2/12/2018 at 8:26 PM, Sakmetegd said:

thanks allot for the info Chaos, I know the monitors are hectic, it's more what my job that wants them. I'm happy with 2 good IPS monitors but eh whatever they want.  I think I'm gonna have to raise the budget for a ryzen 7 as you said, and then get a gtx1060 6gb (for at least 4 monitors). 

Should work, I think your best bet would be a 1070Ti is youre loooking at more than 1080p. But like I said, not an expert on multiple monitor setups :P. Just from twhat i've read.

• 2 weeks later...

My build

what i have so far:
msi z370-a pro
i5-8600k
8gb hyper x predator 3000mhz ram (will buy another 8gb when i have more money)

gtx970

getting
phanteks p400s 
cpu cooler 
-----> still deciding
evga 650 80+ gold 650w psu

cant decide on cpu cooler as i have seen mixed things about clearance in the p400. Live in s.a and best 2 options are antec c40 or with clearance allowing and enough of it, a phanteks PH-TC12DX (https://www.wootware.co.za/phanteks-ph-tc12dx-120mm-white-pwm-aluminium-copper-dual-fan-premium-high-end-cpu-cooler.html)

some places say that the p400 cleance is actually more than 160mm. I am worried 3mm (the difference of cpu cooler of phanteks and phanteks case) will be too little and that it will be too close to the side of the case (tempered glass version)

Please assist me in this regard and if you have any other comments on the build in general let me know too.

Thanks 

(my first post please be nice)

• 2 months later...

1. Budget & Location

€1000/$1,200; Germany

2. Aim

An all-rounder for tasks like graphic design, video editing, gaming (the newest and future games in a good qualitiy) and more 

3. Monitors

1x   resolution: 1920 x 1200 for more information: https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90546093/lg-24mb65pm-b-led.asp

4. Peripherals

Windows 10

I will try to overclock as many parts as possible.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X                                                                                 current price: €252,90/$303.12

CPU Cooler: EKL Alpenföhn Ben Nevis Advanced                                  current price: €25,62/$30.7

GPU: gtx 1070 (the cheapest i can get)                                                      current price: €438,39/$525.44 (I'm waiting for the gpu price to drop until its within my budget)

Mainboard: MSI B350 PC Mate                                                                  current price: €75,67/$90.70

RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR$-2400 16GB                                       current price: €153,83/$184.38

Case: be quiet! Pure Base 600 black                                                            current price: €67,45/$80.84

HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA 1TB, SATA 6Gb/s                                                 current price: €32,78/$39.29

Power Supply: I'm not sure.

- coolermaster calculated:"Load Wattage: 287W, Recommended PSU Wattage 337W" (clockspeed configuration: unchanged) 

- be quiet! calculated: "Your maximum wattage requirement: 370" (clockspeed configuration: overclocked)

Mai 3, 2018

Do you have any advice for me, on some parts or recommendaions for my power supply?

14 hours ago, idk2 said:

If you're going to overclock, you want at least a 450W PSU that's rated 80+ bronze or better.

Hey guys I'm building my first system; it's panning out to look like a high end gaming/workstation rig. My parts list is as follows:

Case- NZXT H700i (includes 3 120mm intake fans and 1 140mm exhaust, 2 LED strips, and integrated smart controller for fans and lighting)

Motherboard- Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 LGA 1151 WiFi

Processor- Intel core i7 8700k

Processor cooling solution- NZXT Kraken X72

Memory- 32gb (4x8gb sticks) G Skill Trident RGB 3000mhz

Storage- Samsung 960 EVO NVMe series 250gb M.2 SSD, Seagate Nytro 512gb SATA SSD

Video Card- EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080ti Hybrid water cooled GPU

Power Supply- EVGA SuperNova G3 750w 80 Plus Gold

My question is that I have a local guy here in Phoenix, AZ who will delid a processor and apply Cool Laboratory Liquid Pro liquid metal for 65 bucks. I've asked some people who have gotten it done and the guy seems legit. Do you think it's 1. Worth it to get it done, and 2. Will if be beneficial to my rig considering the parts you see listed above?

Thanks for the time you may take to reply!

10 hours ago, ItsKyleMac said:

Hey guys I'm building my first system; it's panning out to look like a high end gaming/workstation rig. My parts list is as follows:

Case- NZXT H700i (includes 3 120mm intake fans and 1 140mm exhaust, 2 LED strips, and integrated smart controller for fans and lighting)

Motherboard- Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 LGA 1151 WiFi

Processor- Intel core i7 8700k

Processor cooling solution- NZXT Kraken X72

Memory- 32gb (4x8gb sticks) G Skill Trident RGB 3000mhz

Storage- Samsung 960 EVO NVMe series 250gb M.2 SSD, Seagate Nytro 512gb SATA SSD

Video Card- EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080ti Hybrid water cooled GPU

Power Supply- EVGA SuperNova G3 750w 80 Plus Gold

My question is that I have a local guy here in Phoenix, AZ who will delid a processor and apply Cool Laboratory Liquid Pro liquid metal for 65 bucks. I've asked some people who have gotten it done and the guy seems legit. Do you think it's 1. Worth it to get it done, and 2. Will if be beneficial to my rig considering the parts you see listed above?

Thanks for the time you may take to reply!

Intel CPUs nowadays tend to run hot given the woeful thermal interface they use. An AIO should be able to tame the beast somewhat, but if you’re going to overclock it significantly then delidding and applying liquid metal should shave 10-15 degrees off your thermals (centigrade not Fahrenheit)

if youre planning to run at stock I wouldn’t bother

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

• 3 weeks later...

First thing, I've been around a while and have experience in building computers. The last one I made was back in '09 right after Windows 7 came out. It's running pretty well and I only had to change the graphics card and the heat sink and add more RAM. When I made it I made an effort to semi-future proof it meaning I took a step back from bleeding edge hardware (it was somewhat new but without the price of brand new). Now it's time to think about a new machine. Times have changed and I'm not sure how to tell which CPU, RAM, graphics card, etc is best suited for me. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Budget & Location
$1750 USD (USA) I can be a little flexible on this. When I got the parts with my current build the store offered to put the CPU, Motherboard, RAM in the case and wire it up for $75. I plan on doing that again so it's not included in the budget. The case isn't included either but I plan on a Coolmaster full tower.

2. Aim
General computer work (word processing, web surfing, music, other lightweight stuff). In terms of gaming I'm more of a turn-based strategy (Battletech) and city-sim (Aven Colony) guy but I'm curious about games like Witcher 3 and may get back into MMOs like Wildstar and maybe try Elder Scrolls Online. FPS and PvP games aren't my thing

3. Monitors
I have one now but if I can find a desk like my Ikea Jerker that can handle two monitors and my cat, I'd switch to two monitors. I'm at the "standard" resolution of 1920 x 1080

4. Peripherals
Not included in the budget and I may get new ones. Right now I plan on getting an X-box controller to work with Windows 10 and use that for any games better served with a controller instead of a keyboard.

Here's my current set up (courtesy of Speccy), I think the "why" speaks for itself.
Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
    Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
    18.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (8-8-8-20)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T (LGA1366)
Graphics
    VE248 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (PNY)

6. Other things
I'd like to stick with the plan to moderately future-proof my new build. I would prefer to still have an I7 CPU and Nvidia graphics card. Also, I'm not into water cooling. My build lasted a long time and I'm not into doing all the maintenance water cooling requires. RGB lighting isn't important to me either.

1. Budget & Location

$2,500-$3,500. USA.

2. Aim

Something between render workstation and gaming rig. I do 3ds Max (+V-Ray), Revit, Virtual Reality demonstrations, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Lightroom work, some Sketchup. So, the rig has to have a lot of CPU cores (for render), but they gotta be fast (for VR and Adobe stuff). Also, I'd like to play modern games in 4k. I do not intend to dial AA filters all the way up, but it has to handle Ultra Setting otherwise.

3. Monitors

Two monitors. One FHD, one 4K.

4. Peripherals

None needed.

I bought 4k monitor and it just chocked my existing rig. Games were ruled out instantly (I knew that), but even workstation stuff is frustrating to deal with. 

Legacy items from current rig:

Case: Cooler Master Pro5, all fans replaced with Noctua during hunting out an annoying sound in my rig (turned out to be a tiny motherboard fan, hiding behind GPU, so now I have dead-silent PC, even under full load).

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hidro Series H110 280mm with Noctua fans 

HDD and SSD dump drives: Samsung 850 Pro 1tb and Seagate SV35.6 ST3000VX000 3tb.

Blue Ray Burner: hardly ever use it, but comes handy once in a while. 

Upgrades:

CPU - i7 7820x 3.6Ghz (from i7 3930k)

GPU -  EVGA GTX 1080ti (from EVGA GTX 680). Tested Quadro p5000 at work and deemed it not worth the price. 

Motherboard - honestly, no clue. I'm looking for suggestions. Something reliable as a tank with the potential to get 128gb of RAM on board one day. Mild overclocking is welcome too. Now I have ASRock X79 Extreme 6. 

Ram -  Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 64GB (From Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 32gb)

Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 PQ  (from Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800w)

System Drive - M.2 Samsung 1tb 970 pro

All the old items will be used to build an average gaming PC for my girlfriend who now uses some horrid 14-year-old HP workstation. 

So, to sum up, I need advice on LGA 2066 Motherboard. If you see glaring problems with any of the items listed, I'll be happy to hear. Reliability is the utmost concern, the rig will be used hard. 

Also, I'm curious about Ryzen Threadripper 1920X. I know AMD comes short in terms of GPU, especially in 4k, but I heard their CPUs are very good, but I do not know much about them. Are there any benefits/ shortcoming going with Thredripper compared to Intel X299?

Went with EVGA motherboard in the end (x299). Downgraded memory from 3200 to 2666 (just not worth it for extra $200). I also got NZTX 340 Elite case and EVGA 280mm CPU cooler. Decided to go with less fuss switching hardware around. I also really liked the very minimalistic design of NZTX, my architect's soul was pleased. 

Still waiting for 1080ti with a 1683mhz boost to come back in stock. After it does (I hope it happens soon) - I'm all set. 

Also, a word of caution: if your motherboard supports quad channel memory - buy a kit of four sticks, not two kits of two, and especially not stick by stick. I nearly fell for that chasing a lower price. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a mid 2014 imac 21.5" with 8gb of ram and a 500 gb hard drive

I want to sell this and get a refurbished/used computer tower.

My knowledge on computers is limited so I don't know which one to get. 

I was leaning towards some sort of Dell Optiplex but have no idea about video card compatibility or upgradeability. 

Requirements: 

Ram: 8gb or more 

Cpu: core i5 or better

storage: upgradeable to ssd

Video Card: upgradeable to something reasonable 

Budget: Under 600 for tower preferably even less 

Uses: Browsing and occasionally using gimp 

Monitor: A BenQ (GW2480) 23.8 inch FHD 1080p, possibly a 4k monitor in the future. 

Peripherals: Already have good keyboard and mouse that aren't from apple

Why am I upgrading: I found my imac was taking to long to boot up and the general experience was far from satisfactory. Applications would hang and take a long time to open and it would take a long time to open large files. I tried wiping the hard drive and installing a fresh operating system but it was still slow. I eventually installed linux which ironically was a little faster than osx but still not fast enough. I want something that is upgradeable unlike my imac, something that doesn't take 10 minutes to boot up and is smooth and fast when using. I know I probably don't need the hardware I am quoting but I want something fast and future proof. 

Based on your use case. I don't think you need a discrete GPU. Also idk how much justice a 600buck PC will do to a 4k monitor.

Hey I planning a rig upgrade or just a new build all together. I have an ASUS Crosshair IV formula with an athlon 210e, 4gb DDR3 ram , EVGA GTX 570 , and a EVGA 750 watt modular bronze power supply. 

1. Budget & Location

I have a budget of $300-$400 USD and can go up to $500 if the performance gain is big.

2. Aim

I am planning to run gta v , rocket league, Minecraft, and tomb raider. I also plan to do some light editing video and photo. VR if possible

3. Monitors

1 Monitor Resolution as much as possible maybe 2 if the budget allows

4. Peripherals

A keyboard and a mouse if possible cherry blue. A have some high capacity HDD and heard it would be recommended to use an SSD as Boot and HDD for game storage.

The specs say it all and the graphics card has a power issue . Thanks and am looking forward to you responses

I'm not sure what's the point of posting on this topic. I reposted in a separate thread and no one actually read it. I said I didn't want water cooling and the first response included water cooling. I said I wanted to stick with an I7 chip, a response went with AMD. Seriously, why bother writing out requirements if they'll just get ignored?

At the end of the year I will be graduating and I plan on doing a full system upgrade of my workstation (I game on it of course but I built it to be reliable above all else)

let's set my budget at under 2000 CAD so go crazy. I'm canadian so my markets are Newegg.ca, Amazon.ca and Memory express

[The parts highlighted in green I plan on reusing] 

[Parts highlighted in blue I'm willing to replace with something more modern]

My current specs are...

CPU: i7 4790s

COOLER: Noctua nh-d9l

MOBO: gryphon z97 with armor kit

RAM: 16GB 1866

STORAGE: intel 730 240gb, 2TB seagate hybrid drive

GPU: MSI 770 OC 4GB

CASE: Corsair air 240

PSU: XFX XTR 750

Fans: 4 noctua NFs-12a PWM, 2 NF-A8 PWM

MONITOR: asus PB238Q 23.0" 1920X1080

The things I need my next rig to have..

Reliability

Air Cooled

USBc with video out for next gen WACOM tablets 

6 channel audio (optical audio out for my DAC)

MOBO needs to be MATX 

capable of driving two monitors that are 1080p and above

Capable of running adobe suites and editing programs like Premiere Pro and such

M.2 slots for easy ssd expansion

CPU and GPU performance is important but I don't need the bleeding edge, anything is better than what I have currently lol

I have tinkered around with builds in PC parts picker but Im kinda rusty with the current tech scene. So I'm thinking that you guys have more knowledge of what will be optimal.

Looking forward to your feedback!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I realy need help i am building my first pc i am from croatia soo i buying ewerything from amazon.de. I have budget of 750 euros. Can someone check my build, lake rate how long will run games(i am playing whole life on low settings at 30 fps so i dont care if in next years i need to put games on settings lake that) 

my build

thermaltake core v1 snow edition

eVGA 1060 6GB single-fan 

mobo-Asus Prime H310I mini-atx

i3-8100

8GB DDR4 3000 mhz G.skill aegis

SSD-Crucial MX500

PSU-SST-ST60F-ES230 600w (for future upgrades)

Tell me all good and bad sides of system and is it good to use stock cooler.

only intel-nvidia system

Planed to use for gaming (1080p)

games like PUBG, COD WW2, GTA, AAA games 

program i need to run is autocad 2016

Thanks for all future help, sorry for my grammar. 

• 2 weeks later...

hey i have 2 computers i need to upgrade , my wife's and my own

the oldest in the pc's are the Motherboard, CPU and RAM.

we both have a PSU    Corsair RM 750x (80PLUS gold) so that will not be a problem

and a reasonably tower ( Corsair carbide series 330R )

my current build have a :

Motherboard : Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 

CPU : Intel Core i7 2600K

CPU Cooler : Corsair Hydro H60

RAM : Corsair Veneance (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9)

and my wife got a : 

Motherboard : Asus P7P55D-E

CPU : Intel Core i5 760

CPU Cooler : stock

RAM : Corsair Dominator (CMP4GX3M2A1600C8)

my wife is mainly playing: WoW , Diablo 3 or Heros of the storm.

and i play stuff like Eve online, Warframe, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Crysis 3

and we are only playing in 1080p

our budget is around 3000 DDK (around 450 usd) we can go a bit higher 

we are not in to overclocking, and like the cpu cooler to be quiet or silent (stock cooler is to loud)

i got a GTX 960 and my wife have a GTX 780 they will be upgrade later but not in this budget

we want to upgrade as we are having problems with the things we have had for some time now,

i think my motherboard got damage from a old PSU that randomly made my pc reboot so now the bios is like 2-5 min to post and i got some sata connections not working and my wife's pc keep powering off the mouse, keyboard or Monitor when booting in to windows

so we need : 

2 x Motherboard (room for future RAM upgrade will be nice)

2 x CPU (something with 6 cores or more will be nice :) ) 

RAM for both

CPU Coolers (we can buy them a bit later there is more money for the other stuff, but will be nice to know what is a good one)

we have always had Intel CPU's but if AMD is the better choice for a upgrade that can last some years we will go that way.. 

oh we live in Denmark and i offen use a site called www.edbpriser.dk to find the stuff i wanna buy 

On 5/23/2013 at 9:51 PM, Adler Polk said:

CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor $319.79
CPU Cooler Deepcool - CAPTAIN 360EX WHITE RGB 229.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $128.99
Motherboard Gigabyte - X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard $228.49
Memory     G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-4266 Memory    $300.88
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $117.99
             Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $117.99
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB FTW2 GAMING iCX $509.00
Case Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $170.18
Power Supply Corsair - HX Platinum 850W 80+ Platinum Certified $150.85
Total:     $2044.16

I skimped on storage thinking you might have some from your old system that you could use. This build will get you up and running with 1 500gb SSD for your OS and 1 500gb SSD for your app's & "some" games. This rig will look like a piece of art and will be able to edit 4k video like cutting thru butter with a hot knife. 4k video exports will be about 10% longer then the actual video time while 1440 and 1080 will fall under that. You should be hitting a constant 105FPS to 125FPS in far cry 3.

#micdrop  ==O

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ilovestreet/saved/#view=BG6sZL

Hey everyone, new here at the forum. Last build I did was with a Pentium 4  just to let you know where I'm at lol. So my build is a 8700k 1080ti 16gb ram on an Asus z370 board. My question is about storage, for my boot drive I'm thinking an Intel m.2 128gb and a wd blue with 1tb also m.2.  I'm wondering could I pull this off without an SSD or hdd. I thought price wise it would be more expensive but it's similar to a SSD setup or a SSD hdd combo. I'm not sure about performance gains I'm sure they are minimal but would it be possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from Germany guys, I'm planning on building a new gaming system. This will be the second one that I build and here is what the old one has: *alsmost 3 Years Ago

Red means I'm going to keep this item.

Blue means I'm probably going to change it very soon as well.

Green means I want to sell those items and would like to know what they are worth.

CPU   Intel Core i5-4460 4x 3.2Ghz  +  Stock Cooler

MB   ASRock H97 Anniversary

GPU   MSI Radeon R9 380 Armor 2G that is overclocked at 1100Mhz Core and 1400Mhz Memory... Power and Temp. limit is at MAX

RAM   2x4Gb DDR3 Crucial BalistixSport 1600 CL15

Case   Sharkoon VG4-S Midi Tower

1x 60GB Kingston V200+ *Boot*

1x 250GB Samsung 860Evo (Brand New//Going to turn into boot)

1x 1500GB Seagate Baracuda 7.2k RPM

PSU   Corsair VX 550W 80+ Non-Modular

Samsung S24D300 1920x1080 60Hz 24" Monitor

The games that I want to play in the near future are: 1080p

Final Fantasy XV ( Currently getting ~30 High 75%Resolution scaling)

Doom ( Currently getting 30-60 MediumVulkan)

Nier: Automata ( Currently getting ~40 High)

Forza Horizon 4 ( when it comes out)

Also RPCS3 and PCSX2

Overwatch ( On Ultra goes way down to the 10s when alot of stuff are happening at the same time)

League of Legends (No problem whatsoever)

Ofc newer titals that come out

I'm laso gonna be starting school with major in programming

I want to play all these games with at least 80-140FPS on the Highest seetings and this is the system I've come up with:

Ryzen 5 2600 6x 3.4Ghz (Plan to overclock to ~4.2 with 1.4 Volt    162.85 EUR

CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L   60.39 EUR

MSI B450-A Pro ATX   85.59 EUR

Asus GTX 1070 Ti ROG STRIX Gaming Aktiv 8G --- Would like to overclock to around 1800Mhz Core and 2200Mhz Memory or as much as it allows    460 EUR

2x8GB G.Skill Fortis X DDR4-2400 CL15   137.95 EUR

CoolerMaster MasterCase H500   88.70 EUR

650W Seasonic FOCUS Modular 80+Gold   84.76 EUR

2TB Seagate SkyHawk 7200 RPM 58.90 EUR

1 CoolerMaster MF121L RGB (to swap the non-rgb case one) 9.90 EUR

If the 1070 TI is an overkill, I'm planning on buying a 1080p 144Hz Monitor down the line.   ~250* EUR

*450 EUR if G-Sync

This brings the cose to around 1150 EUR and I don't want to spend more than 1200 EUR

The US pricings are around the same on Newegg (Maybe 10$-30$ difference at max)

My old build doesn't have that good of an airflow and cooling, so thats why I've opted for a AIO this time around with plenty of fans in the case.

Since the new build is probably going to end up on top of my desk, I want it too look good, so I've chosen the CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 which come with 2x 200mm RGB fans. The CoolerMaster AIO also has RGB fans. The 240mm Rad will go on the top.

I would love to hear your feedback on the system and I'm all open to sugestions!

我は汝。。。汝は我。。。我は汝の心のより出ずる者。。。

Heyyy, wondering if I can do better than this build value wise within Amazon only, and also I'd like to make sure all of my parts are compatible. I already have an SSD that I will be using as a boot drive. This rig will mainly be used for light-medium video work on Wondershare Filmora, and maybe some light gaming down the line. My budget is sub-$500USD. I'm upgrading from a Dell Inspiron 660s with a Pentium 2030 and 4GB of DDR3 1600MHz. Thanks

GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-DS3H (AMD Ryzen AM4/ B350/ 4x DDR4/ HDMI/M.2/ SATA/USB 3.1 Gen 1/ / RGB Fusion/Micro ATX/Motherboard)

EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR, Black

Western Digital AV-GP WD10EURX 1TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA III 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive [Certified Refurbished]- w/1 Year Warranty

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Processor with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

On 8/9/2018 at 7:38 PM, Barflugnarven said:

Heyyy, wondering if I can do better than this build value wise within Amazon only, and also I'd like to make sure all of my parts are compatible. I already have an SSD that I will be using as a boot drive. This rig will mainly be used for light-medium video work on Wondershare Filmora, and maybe some light gaming down the line. My budget is sub-$500USD. I'm upgrading from a Dell Inspiron 660s with a Pentium 2030 and 4GB of DDR3 1600MHz. Thanks

GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-DS3H (AMD Ryzen AM4/ B350/ 4x DDR4/ HDMI/M.2/ SATA/USB 3.1 Gen 1/ / RGB Fusion/Micro ATX/Motherboard)

EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR, Black

Western Digital AV-GP WD10EURX 1TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA III 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive [Certified Refurbished]- w/1 Year Warranty

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Processor with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

A couple of things...

can you get the 2400g ryzen instead?

A beafier PSU would be nice for future upgrades, and just make sure that your ram stick is compatible with Ryzen as the timings are odd not even

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

After some long planning, I have finally decided on my first ever PC build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Premium

MB: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon A/C

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB for AMD 2933Mhz C14 16GB

SSD: 1x Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower Grand RGB 650W

Case: Thermaltake Core P3 (any other recommendations accepted)

Main uses: Fortnite, Overwatch, CS:GO and some schoolwork.

I would like to hear any improvements you would like to make to the list.

Thanks!

Edited by ScarletFuryX
Hit enter before finishing

By the way I live in Singapore so there's actually some access to the Palit card