[Build Log] Project Re-Define - Rigid Tubing | Hackintosh | Watercooled Define R5 (Finished)

Project%20Re-Define%20Update_zps0g4wloh8

I underestimated how hard it was to bend the PETG tubing and getting the right angle ...

To make factors even worse, I only brought four 36ft tubing so I am limited to the amount of failure I have...

And I had no other fittings that would have made the job much easier...

I barely got this tubing job done with the amount of failures I had...

IMG_2464_zpseslcu9qz.jpg

IMG_2463_zps715e5cc6.jpg

IMG_2462_zpszvjsagpv.jpg

IMG_2461_zpsxwqf7p1i.jpg

IMG_2460_zpst8f3cuag.jpg

IMG_2459_zpsh2wtovzv.jpg

I will be posting some final shots of the Mark I of this build soon, before I get the new fittings & tubes in. But for now enjoy this shot of my leak test.

Surpirsely....my ghetto-ass tubing job didn't leak...

IMG_2468_zpsdouflpe5.jpg

The new tubing runs look so much better, way neater! Job well done, I really like it! :D

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

Just beautiful! :o

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Are more pictures with the blue coolant coming soon?

Overall, great job, looks amazing! :D

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Try a 90 degree bend from CPU to the GPU

I tried that before. The tubing run from the cpu to gpu isn't completely straight and is offset to the side by a centimeter or two so it only make it that much harder to bend. 

Are more pictures with the blue coolant coming soon?

Overall, great job, looks amazing! :D

Yes, final shots of the Mark II will be coming soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I have decided to add a thicker 45mm radiator in the front and moved the HDD to the back where the SSD would normally be mounted.

Also I made some new tubing runs...not sure how I feel about them at the moment...

Now my next upgrade goal is to get a PCI-E SSD so I can put both my OSes(Yosemite & Windows 8.1) onto it, so that way I have a less cable mess in the back...and to remove the SSD that are just sitting there not remotely mounted...

IMG_2841_zpsa4yoblq7.jpg

IMG_2840_zpsbyobynjd.jpg

IMG_2838_zpsp9gkkj4l.jpg

This build is awesome

i5 3570k @ 4.9 ghz/1.27 volts, Asus P8Z77-V LK8 Gb Corsair 1600mhzGigabyte Windforce R9 290 1140/1625, Silverstone RV02, Kingston V300 120 gb, 1 TB WD Blue HDD,Seagate barracuda, Evga Supernova 750 G2Hyper 212 EvoWindows 8.1, K70 Red LED Blue switch, Razer Deathadder 2012, Sennehiser HD 598

• 2 weeks later...

I'm liking this build alot hope the final product turns out even better

• 2 weeks later...

So for the last three to four week, I have noticed that the CPU temps were a little too high with all of the radiator space I have.

At a 4.6GHz and 1.225v it would idle around 50C and when stress testing, it would peak near 95c on the hottest core...

Turned it down to a 4.4Ghz and 1.190v it still idle around 50C but peaked at 76C...

So apparently there were some crap in the CPU block when I took it apart to check (sadly I didn't take any pictures) and after cleaning it, my temps are now what I expect them to be

So now at 4.8GHz and 1.350v, I idle at 40C and max temps during a stress test are 78c on the hottest core..

So lesson of the day....Check your sh*t before using it...just because its brand new doesn't mean its clean...

• 3 months later...

So lesson of the day....Check your sh*t before using it...just because its brand new doesn't mean its clean...

Happened to me as well, probably from the rads.

Also really like your build! But I think you should do the front rad or that part of the case right in front of it in carbon fiber too, to balance it out. Nice runs and cool coolant colour too!