Only One LGBTQ Person Allowed Per Team In League Of Legends Tournament

Brood

Filipinos are probably one of the best when it comes to english here at Asia.

Still I don't see how this could be a thing. It's just too stupid that no one could have said this on/by purpose. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

LGBTQ? What does the "Q" stand for?

Queer, but some people don't think that's "politically correct" enough so some say it is "questioning".

I feel bad for the original LGBT community. It used to be for sexual orientation but people just keep adding letters (right now some people say LGBTTIQQ2SAA, no I am not making that up) because they want to belong to the group as well.

Still I don't see how this could be a thing. It's just too stupid that no one could have said this on/by purpose. 

Same boat. :/

Testosterone isn't a a drug m8. Talking about the natural stuff. 

Testosterone is the action hormone that prompts quick responses to situations. When action comes calling the balls pump it out like no tomorrow. 

and i was talking about the effect of that, testosterone isn't going to give them a noticeable advantage, especially since those who identify as female tend to have lower testosterone levels. and yes its not a drug but it was the easiest way to phrase that sentence to give implied meaning 

Having women separated from men in e-sports is utter bs. Everyone, even tree loving shaved gay divorced amputees dressed as squirrels, should be allowed to compete in all the same categories as the rest.

In sports, physical differences between the male and female body do matter, and can unbalance the game. I understand and support the use of genre divided categories. But e-sports are users behind screens, with equal opportunities.

Gender. At the risk of being politically incorrect, in almost every age group, males have faster reaction times than females, and female disadvantage is not reduced by practice (Noble et al., 1964; Welford, 1980; Adam et al., 1999; Dane and Erzurumlugoglu, 2003; Der and Deary, 2006).

http://biae.clemson.edu/bpc/bp/Lab/110/reaction.htm#Type%20of%20Stimulus

The judges are just stopping men from claiming to be trans to play in what is meant to be an all lady tournament? I don't really see the outrage.

http://biae.clemson.edu/bpc/bp/Lab/110/reaction.htm#Type%20of%20Stimulus

The judges are just stopping men from claiming to be trans to play in what is meant to be an all lady tournament? I don't really see the outrage.

You know what's the problem with this? Even if all the research you are talking about is true it doesn't matter, at the ultra-high lvl competitive mostly it's the meta and strategy that determines the winner, not a 0.1ms response time or an adrenaline shock.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? WHAT IS THIS SHIT? THEY CAN'T DO THAT!

Sorry for the all caps

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I don't understand why word "gay" is thrown in there. Women are lesbians not gays. Is it because there can be a gay male part of the team ?

How is being transgender any helpful to the point it becomes an advantage ?! ( they don't have to go to toilet during a long match or what ?)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I don't understand why word "gay" is thrown in there. Women are lesbians not gays. Is it because there can be a gay male part of the team ?

How is being transgender any helpful to the point it becomes an advantage ?! ( they don't have to go to toilet during a long match or what ?)

Nope, gay can apply to men or woman. It's not a single sex term. It's not used in a broad way as often, but it does work for woman in this context.

Nope, gay can apply to men or woman. It's not a single sex term. It's not used in a broad way as often, but it does work for woman in this context.

So why does "lesbian" exist ?! I hate languages sometimes....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

With societal gender roles influencing how different a boy and a girl are raised in the world, (with very few exceptions, basically the small Nordic trend is it, maybe a handful of people in NA, thanks Disney Princesses) girls on the whole are behind when it comes to competitive gaming. It's not because they have less potential, but because they generally get a real late start.

If they want to have girl tournaments because it gets more girls into gaming, and more girls into competitive gaming, that's great. Hopefully one day they get good enough to where there doesn't have to be a girls league.

This is a huge step for South Asia for even recognizing trans people exist. And rightfully acknowledging them as women.

And for anyone who thinks a group of dudes would claim to be women just to play in the league, please, for everyone's sake, try it. Shave your legs, shave your face, put on a dress, put your makeup on, and really try to live your life as a trans person for a week. See how far you get.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Men are like a single core CPU with 10Ghz of processing power, Women are like an octa-core on 2.5Ghz. My point is that women and men's brains work differently, maybe that's why they thought it'd be unfair?

Lol, Anita Sarkisian is gonna have a ball with this

While it is scientifically proven women, on average, are better at multitasking by having a larger corpus callosum, your analogy is nowhere close to correct. Humans in general suck at multiprocessing ;D 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

What does the 'Q' stand for?

(Gender)Queer and/or Questioning.

Gender Queer is a bit more 'cover-all' for those that fall out of the Male/Female gender binary though. There's also Gender Fluid for those that sit "on" the gender binary but shift (or otherwise are 'fluid') along it instead of locking down to "male", "female" or some arbitrary point between.

Questioning is kinda a "Seriously? The answer is right in the damn name" term if you need it explained to you. -.-;

Queer, but some people don't think that's "politically correct" enough so some say it is "questioning".

I feel bad for the original LGBT community. It used to be for sexual orientation but people just keep adding letters (right now some people say LGBTTIQQ2SAA, no I am not making that up) because they want to belong to the group as well.

I don't doubt that, I mean look at this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/10930654/Facebooks-71-gender-options-come-to-UK-users.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/heres-a-list-of-58-gender-options-for-facebook-users/

The list of all these gender options is just silly.

IMO, a woman gaming competition are watched mostly by man/boys and maybe for the looks of the players not how good they play. So by making sure more straight woman plays the game rather than lesbian or transgender whose many asian man find irksome, they will still have more chance of ad revenue and or ticket sales.

LGBTQ....? Why do people keep adding letters to LGBT...? Oh wait... Special Snowflakes...!

Also, having an all-female competition is stupid in general. If the women aren't good enough to compete with the men at the highest level then tough luck I'm affraid.

Okay. Usually I'd ignore comments like this but here it goes.

The Q stands for queer. It's a newer term meaning LGBT *waves hands* in general, but if you aren't quite bi, but aren't straight or gay and fall somewhere in-between you're included in the acronym.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queer

Many people identify sexually in strange ways. "Special snowflakes" are hardly a new thing, or "special"/unique.

• Men: 11.6% of white males aged 20–35 were given a rating of 3 for this period of their lives. The study also reported that 10% of American males surveyed were "more or less exclusively homosexual for at least three years between the ages of 16 and 55" (in the 5 to 6 range).
  • Women: 7% of single females aged 20–35 and 4% of previously married females aged 20–35 were given a rating of 3 for this period of their lives. 2% to 6% of females, aged 20–35, were given a rating of 5. and 1% to 3% of unmarried females aged 20–35 were rated as 6.

Most people aren't so simple as having attraction for one gender or another. Hardly unique, hardly special.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

Feel free to use sources beyond Wikipedia, my point still stands.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

What the actual retardation and villainy.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm not excusing this, but you guys need to realize where this is happening at. This isn't America or other countries who are in the process of full acceptance of LGBT's.

Maybe they are worried a top team of male gamers will all get sex changes in order to compete in the tournament or something

not that it would make a difference

Dont get why E-Sports needs a male/female split, though that is a different thing entirely

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

(Gender)Queer and/or Questioning.

Gender Queer is a bit more 'cover-all' for those that fall out of the Male/Female gender binary though. There's also Gender Fluid for those that sit "on" the gender binary but shift (or otherwise are 'fluid') along it instead of locking down to "male", "female" or some arbitrary point between.

Questioning is kinda a "Seriously? The answer is right in the damn name" term if you need it explained to you. -.-;

Wow. We might as well dump the whole alphabet in there and be done with it. They keep adding letters to the acronym. Can't we just call them 'humans' or 'people'? Why all this stupid ridiculous 'everyone has to slot into their own special unique category' philosophy? Ugh, I really resent it.

Either

1. This is a joke

Or

2. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer

How is that a joke? We'll run out of letters soon because people keep finding more poor damaged snowlflakes that win eurovisions and other controlled shows to promote this crap... 

How is that a joke? We'll run out of letters soon because people keep finding more poor damaged snowlflakes that win eurovisions and other controlled shows to promote this crap...

??

Are you talking about the gaming tournaments or non-straight people?