Best Free AntiVirus Program

I am currently using avg antivirus but i am thinking about switching, what is the best free virus program

In my opinion, "Malwarebytes"

Malwarebytes doesn't have real-time protection though, does it?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Avast! is my go-to, hands down. You can use Malwarebytes on top of Avast!, but I'd only recommend using it to run monthly scans since it isn't a continuous, real-time Antivirus program. For a continuous AV, Avast! gets my vote!

malawarebytes It's classed as an anti malware prog, but in reality the terms anti malware, and antivirus are almost interchangeable. Linus did a fast as possible on the differences awhile back if you're interested.

Having said that in my opinion surfing the internet with a free antivirus is like using a crotchet condom. sure it'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but it won't really do it's job.

@Micaj please follow your own posts.

malawarebytes It's classed as an anti malware prog, but in reality the terms anti malware, and antivirus are almost interchangeable. Linus did a fast as possible on the differences awhile back if you're interested.

Having said that in my opinion surfing the internet with a free antivirus is like using a crotchet condom. sure it'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy, but it won't really do it's job.

lol

croque? oww

crochet. (ok you fixed it)

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

lol

croque? oww

crochet. (ok you fixed it)

yep sorry, my french is rusty so no croque monsier for you. it was me hitting the speelcheek a little to quickly

In my opinion, "Malwarebytes"

Malwarebytes is an antimalware program, avast! or AVG are antivirus programs, there's already a video above explaining the differences. 

I use avast!, but AVG is pretty good. 

I go with the avast!, Malwarebytes and CCleaner combo. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Basically windows defender will do just as good of a job as any of these. There is no such thing as a free anti-virus don't you think all these companies wouldn't be around if there was? If you don't click on stupid shit you won't have a problem with virus's there not as big of a thing as they were in the 90s early 2000s.

Basically windows defender will do just as good of a job as any of these. There is no such thing as a free anti-virus don't you think all these companies wouldn't be around if there was? If you don't click on stupid shit you won't have a problem with virus's there not as big of a thing as they were in the 90s early 2000s.

not necessarily, some malicious site auto download stuff and if you arn't a power user some adverts are very convincing (I saw one which was identical to the IE downloads tab which was fixed to bottom of site, (i was in chrome :P))

something to consider. It isn't exactly anti virus per se. But I wind up using norton power eraser way too often when I fix friends' computers. Just make sure you know exactly what you're deleting before you use it.

not necessarily, some malicious site auto download stuff and if you arn't a power user some adverts are very convincing (I saw one which was identical to the IE downloads tab which was fixed to bottom of site, (i was in chrome :P))

Well i havn't rocked an AV for about 5 years now only time ive ever had a virus is when i downloaded something that i pretty much knew was going to be a virus.

I use malwarebytes in combination with the standard windows antivirus thing (can't remember the name).

If you google a bit, you can find codes for the activation for antimalwarebyte premium really easy ( the first link) ;)

Well i havn't rocked an AV for about 5 years now only time ive ever had a virus is when i downloaded something that i pretty much knew was going to be a virus.

did you even read my post? I said some people who dont know wiser not to click on ads. My brother for example.

did you even read my post? I said some people who dont know wiser not to click on ads. My brother for example.

Install AdBlock and AVG on his computer and run Malwarebytes on a regular basis (once a month is pretty good).

Install AdBlock and AVG on his computer and run Malwarebytes on a regular basis (once a month is pretty good).

i have done