Which Z97 motherboard should I get?

aroovenwoot
Go to solution Solved by MegaDave91,

A higher power phase equates to lower temperature of the vrm and higher stability.

Honestly though, they're all going to overclock just the same as well as be equally stable; they are Z boards after all.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Asus Z97-A

Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Looking for one good for gaming performance, best features  and overclocking(i7-4790k). Good board temps when overclocking? I will be watercooling the cpu with a Seidon 120V Plus. Which will be good for long term use? As in there would be no need to change the board after a few years.

I read somewhere that the gaming 7 versions of both MSI and Gigabyte have 12 power phases. What does it mean? Will it be better to get the gaming 7 ones? If so, MSI or Gigabyte? Thanks.

I'm buying the MSI Gaming 5, would have loved a ROG, but not at those prices. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

A higher power phase equates to lower temperature of the vrm and higher stability.

Honestly though, they're all going to overclock just the same as well as be equally stable; they are Z boards after all.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Get whatever's cheapest or you like the look of most there all going to have the same performance.