Thinking of Getting the Hyper 212 EVO. Thoughts?

Aaron-kun

I was thinking of upgrading my CPU cooler from stock to Coolermaster's Hyper 212 EVO.  What are your guys' thoughts on this cooler?  

Excellent performing cooler for its cost.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It is one of the greatest coolers of all time.

May not perform the best, may not look the best.

But it's one of the best for the price you pay.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

One of the best bang for buck coolers on the market.

Just make sure you case fits it if you upgrade from stock.

System: Thinkpad T460

I have 3 in my room right now. One in use 2 lying around. Idr why. One of them has a cracked retention bracket.

Good for the price. Generally the go-to cooler.

I rather wait for Be Quiet Shadow Rock Slim to go on sale for 30 bucks because that performs better than a 212 at the same price and performs around the same as a NH-U12S.

Massive upgrade. My i7-4790k would shut off from overheating on load, and with the 212 EVO, it gets 60C on high.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I would get that cooler and slap a SP 120 silent edition on there and let it do it's thang

+1

Used in 60% of my builds, I have had a few tries with other coolers at that price range, their pretty much worse performing for similar dollars...

Under $50 worldwide (Usually $25-45)

>SUPERBLY Better than Stock Cooling /w OC'ing ability = Hyper212

Over $50

>Performance Air Cooling

>AIO W/C > Extreme W/C

TL:DR

If you can get a more expensive air cooler for less dollars (closer to the hyper212 price range) then grab it for sure...

But for the price, you cannot do much better.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I can get the Hyper 212 EVO for about $30 on Amazon right now.  That might be too good to pass up.  I just need to make sure it'll fit in my case.

I think its kinda ugly but it deff is great bang for your buck cooler although if i was in your position id probs get a Cryorig H5 its basically the same price and apparently mops the flaw with the 212.

The go to cooler for a reason. There are quieter and cooler coolers out there, but at this price range the temperature difference is not significant, and the performance difference even less so. Until you really start spending the dollars, this is the best cooler around in my opinion. 

I have the 212X.  Pretty much the same cooler, just slightly updated.  Excellent performance per dollar.  I've got my CPU running at 4.6Ghz and it never clocks over 80C under max load in benchmarks.  Should note the installation instructions are kinda rubbish and it's a little fiddly to install, but despite that I'd still recommend it to anyone on a budget - at that price:performance ratio, you can't do much better.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10;