Computer is built, windows is installed, how do I instal the drivers?

Trancendense

Hi,

I've build my first computer. Cable management and everything is done. Now I just have to instal the drivers. My problem is that I don't have an ODD. And to get an internet connection, I need my wifi chipset's driver. Can I get them from internet? Here's everything I have:

I5 4690K

Asus VI formula

Corsair Veangence pro 16GB

Sapphire HD6850

850 EVO

BenQ XL2420Z

Can I get them from an another computer, transfer it into a usb drive? And what are the driver I need? For example on Asus' webstie there are ton of driver.( http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/)  How do I know which ones I should get?

Thanks for your help and have a great day.

Hi,

I've build my first computer. Cable management and everything is done. Now I just have to instal the drivers. My problem is that I don't have an ODD. And to get an internet connection, I need my wifi chipset's driver. Can I get them from internet? Here's everything I have:

I5 4690K

Asus VI formula

Corsair Veangence pro 16GB

Sapphire HD6850

850 EVO

BenQ XL2420Z

Can I get them from an another computer, transfer it into a usb drive? And what are the driver I need? For example on Asus' webstie there are ton of driver.( http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/)  How do I know which ones I should get?

Thanks for your help and have a great day.

Use a flash drive and download the LAN/Intel Ethernet driver.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Download them on another computer, copy them to a flash drive, move them to the new pc, install them.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

get the network from any other devices and install that..

then go online and download drivers from asus's website and also check at other sites who exacly manufactured the products

If you haven't updated at all, download the drivers you want or absolutely need and then install. For example you need internet, so download the LAN/Wireless drivers (get the downloads correct for your OS). Choose the latest drivers. For example, for Wireless the latest driver update is  "Version 6.34.223.5".

You can also get the latest driver for audio and USBs.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You won't need nearly all of them, since ASUS lists every release version of every driver. You only need the latest version of each one. Download the network drivers (LAN, Wireless, and Bluetooth), the Audio driver, the Intel Chipset Driver, ASMedia SATA driver, and the USB drivers. Integrated graphics drivers might not hurt either in case you need to use them. After that you can download the latest GPU drivers from NVIDIA's website.

Many brands (I assume Asus too) has some central software for updating and installing missing drivers. After you got LAN working, try that if you don't want to learn how to deal with driver mess.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks for your help.

I also need my HD6850's driver because my monitor is running at a really low resolution and it's horrible for my eyes. Once again there's a ton of driver and this time, it doesn't seem to be only different release version. Which ones should I get?

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1037&pid=1394&lid=1#

Also, guys, Is it possible to uninstal a driver? If I change my gpu for instance, how do I get rid of the old drivers?

Thanks for your help.

I also need my HD6850's driver because my monitor is running at a really low resolution and it's horrible for my eyes. Once again there's a ton of driver and this time, it doesn't seem to be only different release version. Which ones should I get?

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1037&pid=1394&lid=1#

Also, guys, Is it possible to uninstal a driver? If I change my gpu for instance, how do I get rid of the old drivers?

just go to amds website, not sapphires. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

I did and now its working. Thanks for all your help.

One last thing, do you know where I can get the proper driver for Benq's Xl2420Z? Atm, it's running pnp. I can't find them in their official webstie.

I did and now its working. Thanks for all your help.

One last thing, do you know where I can get the proper driver for Benq's Xl2420Z? Atm, it's running pnp. I can't find them in their official webstie.

http://gaming.benq.com/downloadsHere you go!

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thank you for answering. I'm scared I might be blind lol but the only thing I see is firmware, display pilot and manuals. No drivers. wtf benq?

Well, I was thinking avout this today and realized that you are really new to this stuff. Monitors don't need drivers. They only use control software which does same or more that physical controls. HDMI, DVI and VGA are video signal. They don't carry data in ways that driver would be needed. Thunderbolt might need drivers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv