All Sata 3 ports not running all drives at 6gbs

TrigrH
Go to solution Solved by TrigrH,

Turns out it was a faulty cable after all, it appeared to be working but then would change its speed from 6gbs to 3gbs making it very hard to identify.

ZrRdRi.png

Got 3 brand new crucial MX100 SSD's today and i cant get them all running at 6gbs on my board: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20H87%20Performance/

Using latest IRST and bios

I have:

SSDx3

HDDx1

Disk drive x1

After constantly swaping ports, cables ect It doesn't appear that a cable or drive or port is at fault. They all seem to work, but when i plug everything in, 1 sometimes 2 ports will run at 3gbs while the rest 6gbs.

Make sure the ports are set to AHCI mode in the BIOS. On my board, if ports 1-4 are AHCI, 5-6 must be too. However is Ports 1-4 are IDE, 5-6 can be either. 

Edit: I feel like I am going to be completely wrong with this one, but it's the first thing I thought of. Apologies if I make a fool of myself.

Make sure the ports are set to AHCI mode in the BIOS. On my board, if ports 1-4 are AHCI, 5-6 must be too. However is Ports 1-4 are IDE, 5-6 can be either. 

Edit: I feel like I am going to be completely wrong with this one, but it's the first thing I thought of. Apologies if I make a fool of myself.

The bios only has a single option for all sata ports it seems so im on AHCI

what about SATA driver?

did you install Intel Rapid Storage and Smart Respond?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i have the latest IRST (Intel Rapid Storage tech)

What is smart respond?

it reports the health of your HDD and SSD

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

help :(

/e nm the previous information, I made a dumb lel.

Have you connected them in order 0,1,2

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

In the link you provided to your motherboard, there is no information regarding 6Gb/s ports.

In fact it looks like it only has SATA 3.

lol?

Sata 3 is 6gbs sigh...

and it is on the page, specifications tab:

- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors,

lol?

Sata 3 is 6gbs sigh...

and it is on the page, specifications tab:

- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors,

Ya I made a dumb lel.

I /e it once I realized right away :3

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

which drives are the one not running at full speed?

is it the HDD and DVD ROM?

those 2 drives may not be using full speed since the data speed of the drives are only SATA 2 standards

http://superuser.com/questions/453175/can-hard-drives-fully-utilize-sata-iii

which drives are the one not running at full speed?

is it the HDD and DVD ROM?

those 2 drives may not be using full speed since the data speed of the drives are only SATA 2 standards

http://superuser.com/questions/453175/can-hard-drives-fully-utilize-sata-iii

"Got 3 brand new crucial MX100 SSD's today and i cant get them all running at 6gbs on my board"

"Got 3 brand new crucial MX100 SSD's today and i cant get them all running at 6gbs on my board"

well sorry i must have missed that

well i am clueless as to your problem now... :unsure:

well sorry i must have missed that

well i am clueless as to your problem now... :unsure:

ill try to explain further, its not a cable issue nor drive issue, but when i plug in 3 SSD's and a HDD everything will run at 6gbps except one ssd which will run at 3gbps

ill try to explain further, its not a cable issue nor drive issue, but when i plug in 3 SSD's and a HDD everything will run at 6gbps except one ssd which will run at 3gbps

ok use Crystal Disk Info

test on the SSD that is running a 3Gbps and check the health of the SSD and the Firmware version

compare with the other 2 and see if there is any difference

also check if there is any firmware update

The only I can think of now is that the SSD at 3Gbps is a faulty SSD

ok use Crystal Disk Info

test on the SSD that is running a 3Gbps and check the health of the SSD and the Firmware version

compare with the other 2 and see if there is any difference

also check if there is any firmware update

The only I can think of now is that the SSD at 3Gbps is a faulty SSD

yup thats the third time you have failed to read what i have said, sorry i know you are trying to help but come on.

" its not a cable issue nor drive issue"

I have "After constantly swaping ports, cables ect It doesn't appear that a cable or drive or port is at fault." because the drive running at 3gbps changes. My SSD's are fine and my firmware is latest.

yup thats the third time you have failed to read what i have said, sorry i know you are trying to help but come on.

" its not a cable issue nor drive issue"

I have "After constantly swaping ports, cables ect It doesn't appear that a cable or drive or port is at fault." because the drive running at 3gbps changes. My SSD's are fine and my firmware is latest.

ok sorry about that

working on weekends for the whole straight 2 days without rest have drained my brain

do you have another PC to test?

now i have a feeling is your mobo problem with the SATA controller not supplying enough SATA speed to the drives

ok sorry about that

working on weekends for the whole straight 2 days without rest have drained my brain

do you have another PC to test?

now i have a feeling is your mobo problem with the SATA controller not supplying enough SATA speed to the drives

i dont have another pc with a high end mobo :(