Windows Reinstall

Jimbillroo Digital

Happened to a laptop of a friend of mine's. The solution was to use another Windows install disk. Feel free to torrent an untouched version off the web and use your product key.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

Happened to a laptop of a friend of mine's. The solution was to use another Windows install disk. Feel free to torrent an untouched version off the web and use your product key.

Or... you know, I'm sure microsoft hosts their own ISO's...

On 2/1/2015 at 3:08 AM, patriotbarrow said:

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

Or... you know, I'm sure microsoft hosts their own ISO's...

I wasn't aware of that. I'll definitely use that as a source next time if it's a thing.

Rule with your heart,

How would I do that? And, I thought Torrenting Windows was illegal.

It's a legal gray area. As long as the code is unmodified and you're using a legally-obtained product key I think you ought to be fine. But @JeffreyEagan suggested a better alternative.

Rule with your heart,

So, that will work.

Hopefully it will fix the problem you're having. I also did a BIOS reset to defaults on the laptop I used. Not sure it did anything useful.

Rule with your heart,

Hopefully it will fix the problem you're having. I also did a BIOS reset to defaults on the laptop I used. Not sure it did anything useful.

Okay, so what do I do to get this on to a DVD and Install Windows from it. (I can't find my memory stick)

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

that's extremely unlikely

What should I do in the partitions section of the setup? I haven't got their yet but was wondering if I need to do anything in that part.

So, I'm installing the ISO and it says it's gonna take 2 hours. Is that normal?

Installing as in.. burning the DVD? If you have a very slow burner, I guess it's normal? I don't really know what you mean by that.

What should I do in the partitions section of the setup? I haven't got their yet but was wondering if I need to do anything in that part.

Partition your hard drive. You can either create a partition for your OS and software and another for your personal files, or just use all of the available space for one big partition and hope your organizational skills are good.

Rule with your heart,

Installing as in.. burning the DVD? If you have a very slow burner, I guess it's normal? I don't really know what you mean by that.

When I say install I mean downloading it from the website on to my laptop before I burn it to the DVD. It now says 4 hours.

When I say install I mean downloading it from the website on to my laptop before I burn it to the DVD. It now says 4 hours.

You might have a slow internet connection. There's nothing you can really do about that now except be patient.

Rule with your heart,

Partition your hard drive. You can either create a partition for your OS and software and another for your personal files, or just use all of the available space for one big partition and hope your organizational skills are good.

Wouldn't the HDD already be partitioned from the original installation of the OS.

That ISO I spent for ever downloading is apparently invalid.

You might have a slow internet connection. There's nothing you can really do about that now except be patient.

Okay, it's asking me to load a driver. I don't know what driver it is referring to and where to find a driver.