Downgrade BIOS/UEFI?

Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

I have the ASRock FM2a88m-hd+. I recently updated to the latest UEFI version, which is 2.70, and I'm having issues.

I flashed it fine, and everything works, but I keep getting BSOD every few hours or so. They usually have to do with win32k.sys (0x0000001e).

I wanted to downgrade to 2.60, because it worked fine, but is that possible? I didn't see any answer if I could flash an older version over a newer one.

When I booted into Windows it said it was installing new drivers for my CPU, the A10-7850k, and required a restart.

Is this just a software issue that can be fixed with a reinstall of Windows? I plan on doing so tomorrow, because I get my SSD tomorrow.

My full specs are on my profile.

it could be possible that during the reflash

the drive mode is reverted back to IDE instead of AHCI

since you are gonna use a SSD

leave it for later and install the SSD

set to AHCI mode and Boot using UEFI

then install your OS again

I have the ASRock FM2a88m-hd+. I recently updated to the latest UEFI version, which is 2.70, and I'm having issues.

I flashed it fine, and everything works, but I keep getting BSOD every few hours or so. They usually have to do with win32k.sys (0x0000001e).

I wanted to downgrade to 2.60, because it worked fine, but is that possible? I didn't see any answer if I could flash an older version over a newer one.

When I booted into Windows it said it was installing new drivers for my CPU, the A10-7850k, and required a restart.

Is this just a software issue that can be fixed with a reinstall of Windows? I plan on doing so tomorrow, because I get my SSD tomorrow.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

what he said, pretty sure that will fix this up

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1