Built my new pc

Drahsid

The shipping was a impatient wait for me, but I finally got it built, a few days ago. (Actually it's probably been 10 days o3o)

I posted it as a completed build on PCPartPicker, check it out:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Zc7hP6

Srsly, how is it overkill. I am sick of people saying there rig is overkill if they have a 980. A 980 makes sense for 1440p maxed out. 980 sli for 1440p maxed out 144hz.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Oooo that build though.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Srsly, how is it overkill. I am sick of people saying there rig is overkill if they have a 980. A 980 makes sense for 1440p maxed out. 980 sli for 1440p maxed out 144hz.

I'n my book, overkill = at least better than 90%  of all other PCs on 3D mark.

This PC will score from 97-99% better.

I'n my book, overkill = at least better than 90%  of all other PCs on 3D mark.

This PC will score from 97-99% better.

Will? Have u tried it?

Will? Have u tried it?

Yeah, I've run multiple tests with it on 3D Mark: Fire Strike

Overkill, basically a 5960x on a rampage v extreme with 64 gb ddr4, water cooler with quadruple hof 980's

Overkill, basically a 5960x on a rampage v extreme with 64 gb ddr4, water cooler with quadruple hof 980's

No, that's a waste of money.

That's bragging rights.

That's bragging rights.

No that's what OVERKILL means, watch linus's video bout it. No custom loop means no overkill. Also firestrike? Nope... It goes off scale After a while. Give a more reasonable score like haven benchmark

That's bragging rights.

Do agree with you on this, but some people do need their PC's for something other than gaming (with some gaming), so it's justified...

Also, that SSD burns my eyes.... seriously... You should've went with a bigger SSD, higher wattage PSU so you could, possibly, SLI later without changing it (Mobo supports it, and if you don't plan on SLI, you could've went with a cheaper mobo)... And that's about it (but you could've went with G1, since it's a binned card)

Do agree with you on this, but some people do need their PC's for something other than gaming (with some gaming), so it's justified...

Also, that SSD burns my eyes.... seriously... You should've went with a bigger SSD, higher wattage PSU so you could, possibly, SLI later without changing it (Mobo supports it, and if you don't plan on SLI, you could've went with a cheaper mobo)... And that's about it (but you could've went with G1, since it's a binned card)

No, I only got the SSD for windows & drivers.

Going with a higher wattage PSU would've been a waste, the build only uses ~380 Watts.

I'll probably go SLI later, don't fret.

Going with a higher wattage PSU would've been a waste, the build only uses ~380 Watts.

So not overkill...

As he said it's justified. However, why not a i7, if you are gonna go sli, the 4790k should have been better

Yeah, but some games do benefit, a little, from being installed on an SSD... Also, there isn't a big difference in price between 32/64/128

Yeah, but 550W isn't enough for that future SLI, so you're basically spending for naught those 85$ you spent on that PSU... It would've been better if you got 750W EVGA G2, so you could SLI without changing it

You'll need higher wattage PSU for it...

Yeah, but some games do benefit, a little, from being installed on an SSD... Also, there isn't a big difference in price between 32/64/128

Yeah, but 550W isn't enough for that future SLI, so you're basically spending for naught those 85$ you spent on that PSU... It would've been better if you got 750W EVGA G2, so you could SLI without changing it

You'll need higher wattage PSU for it...

I just checked, and it looks like your right, I'd have like 2 watts to spare if everything was at stock speed.

I just checked, and it looks like your right, I'd have like 2 watts to spare if everything was at stock speed.

Yeah... Can you return that PSU (since you only built your PC 10~ days ago) O.o

If you can, get something like this :)

750W - https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

850W - https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr