Returning a 970

The Pizza Thief

Hey guys, I just decided that I want to return the gtx 970 that I bought in order to get a 980, I tried talking to the Newegg live chat rep but she only kept saying I'm sorry for the confusion and sent me a link to the "official nvidia statement " regarding the 970 memory allocation problem.

Is there anything I should say to her, a way to approach the rep so It is more likely they help me.

Thanks!

I'm interested in seeing how this pans out.

Maybe call one of their call centers?

Sig under construction.

No no no. If they damn lied to you why the hell are you giving them more money?

Also no you will not get any returns these shit heads have denied it to lot of people including my cousin.

But if you want to return it, AMD is willing to take it for a 290X

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Was your reasoning "I'm disappointed that I received a card only capable of using 3.5gb of VRAM at the advertised speed"? Because if so, that'd be why she's redirecting you.

If you're simply wanting to return it for a full refund to get another card for essentially shits 'n' giggles, then shame. They'd have to resell that card at a loss.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Hey guys, I just decided that I want to return the gtx 970 that I bought in order to get a 980, I tried talking to the Newegg live chat rep but she only kept saying I'm sorry for the confusion and sent me a link to the "official nvidia statement " regarding the 970 memory allocation problem.

Is there anything I should say to her, a way to approach the rep so It is more likely they help me.

Thanks!

Contact Nvidia directly as they have said they want to help you get a refund. 

I can't confirm this is true though as it sounds as if they are just saying what we want to hear. 

Screw Nvidia and their 980, get a 290x 4GB (Actually 4GB) Model  ;)

Also no you will not get any returns these shit heads have denied it to lot of people including my cousin.

But if you want to return it, AMD is willing to take it for a 290X

What do you mean they are willing to take it for a 290x ? Is it true?

What do you mean they are willing to take it for a 290x ? Is it true?

AMD offers a discount on the 290X for people who return their 970s

They didn't lie though. It has 4GB, it's just split in two parts.

Not the 4gb part. The ROP's, the cache, and of course when the 3.5+ vram is used speed DROPS from advertised 7 gbps to 0.9 gbps

They lied about the ROPS and Cache.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

One part is only 50% faster than swapping to system memory  :unsure:

It's 400% of the speed of swapping to system memory and you have to fill up almost the entirety of what's available just to reach it, and OP only games at 1440p -- an area where its competence is extremely well documented.

Christ this forum loves its melodrama...

I'm interested in seeing how this pans out.

Maybe call one of their call centers?

You mean to Nvidia or newegg?

Was your reasoning "I'm disappointed that I received a card only capable of using 3.5gb of VRAM at the advertised speed"? Because if so, that'd be why she's redirecting you.

If you're simply wanting to return it for a full refund to get another card for essentially shits 'n' giggles, then shame. They'd have to resell that card at a loss.

Kind of, maybe my reason is a 970 is not enough for my needs anymore and I'm taking advantage of the situation, maybe. But really, I don't want to be giving money away to get a half finished product.

Contact Nvidia directly as they have said they want to help you get a refund. 

I can't confirm this is true though as it sounds as if they are just saying what we want to hear. 

Screw Nvidia and their 980, get a 290x 4GB (Actually 4GB) Model  ;)

I'm afraid to move to AMD, I've read a lot about being super hot and my case is not exactly the king of airflow.

AMD offers a discount on the 290X for people who return their 970s

I have to take a look at it

They didn't lie, they just didn't tell us the thruth.

It's 400% of the speed of swapping to system memory and you have to fill up almost the entirety of what's available just to reach it, and OP only games at 1440p.

Linus said it was 50% on the WAN show.

It's 400% of the speed of swapping to system memory and you have to fill up almost the entirety of what's available just to reach it, and OP only games at 1440p -- an area where its competence is extremely well documented.

Christ this forum loves its melodrama...

For the last god damn time. SOME GAMES DO REACH 3.5 + VRAM. I play titanfall and it reaches 3.7 at insane 1080p...

I'm afraid to move to AMD, I've read a lot about being super hot and my case is not exactly the king of airflow.

Well if you do ever decide to go AMD, just make sure to get Sapphire coolers on them and all the worries will go away. 

For the last god damn time. SOME GAMES DO REACH 3.5 + VRAM. I play titanfall and it reaches 3.7 at insane 1080p...

Really?? That's crazy for 1080p.

Linus said it was 50% on the WAN show.

http://www.pcgamer.com/why-nvidias-gtx-970-slows-down-using-more-than-35gb-vram/

Direct comparisons between the GTX 970 and the GTX 980.

So what you're saying is that GTX 780 Ti isn't even capable of 1080p gaming. Do go on.

You mean to Nvidia or newegg?

Kind of, maybe my reason is a 970 is not enough for my needs anymore and I'm taking advantage of the situation, maybe. But really, I don't want to be giving money away to get a half finished product.

I have to take a look at it

They didn't lie, they just didn't tell us the thruth.

Just get a msi lightning, at stock max temps in my case which has ok airflow were 67 degrees

Well if you do ever decide to go AMD, just make sure to get Sapphire coolers on them and all the worries will go away. 

People always say to get this card... MSI lightning  http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Graphics-R9-290X-LIGHTNING/dp/B00IZNE2ZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422742245&sr=8-1&keywords=r9+290x

Is it really the best 290x out there ?

same for Watch Dogs. Reaches 3.9 on ultra @ 1080p with ease.