cheep but good TV tuner

I am thinking of getting a tv tuner i see $100 and $20 what is the difference and usb and PCI-e what is the difference with that too. I have a cheep little thing that Comcast gave me and i have to use my pc to record and watch tv with the win media center. So for cheep what would be the best tv tuner. Would like HD.

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

Get an HD Homerun prime I have 2 of them and I love them. I have windows pc that strictly is a dvr. Windows media center let's me use my 2 Xbox 360 as an extender giving me cablebox(but way better) functionality. I pay $4 for 2 cable cards that I'm getting 6 tuners total and both xboxes work at same time. Just make sure u have at least a 72000 rpm drive and at atleast 1tb drive and every thing is at least wireless ac. wired conections are recommended for best HD. HD home run prime also since on network is accessible to ALL DLNA devices from TV to cell phones. There's an android app for the HD home run prime. Now windows media center and power DVD ultra are the only 2 programs that have full support for copy flagged(dtcp-ip) channels and ps3 has full support as well.

Only downside to the prime is no on board transcoding so anything on most wireless conections is limited to SD video as HD requires a lot of bandwidth that wireless can't handlle

This is what I've been using for years: http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/dvico-fusionhdtv-dvb-t-dual-digital-4-pci-tv-tuner-card-1/
And it is awesome.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

PCI Ones would be a lot better, the one I have can be tuned into two different channels at the same time. I would assume a PCI One would be more reliable.

Desktop: 16gb Ram, i7-2600k, GTX 560 OC.    Laptop: i7, 8gb DDR3, 840m GPU

Server 1 (Files and AD): i3 3220, 4gb DDR3, 1TB Western Digital Blue, Overkill motherboard I got for free (better than main computer) changed to xeon, don't remember exactly what but xeon version of the processor  and 8gb ECC Ram   Server 2 (games): 8gb Ram, i5, Geforce 710m

PCI Ones would be a lot better, the one I have can be tuned into two different channels at the same time. I would assume a PCI One would be more reliable.

They generally are, and with my one in particular I found that I was able to watch and record (I still haven't gotten a remote for it even though I've had it for 6 years -_- ), though I only had it doing that under XP, Windows Vista and 7 only had it doing 1 or the other.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL