Dying Light

Has anyone here played the game and how is the performance ??

I'm on OC.net and people are saying the port is unoptimized and horrible, AMD cards the game horribly and it only uses one core.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Did you watch total biscuit's port report?

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I'm on OC.net and people are saying the port is unoptimized and horrible, AMD cards the game horribly and it only uses one core.

Did you watch total biscuit's port report?

Yes  I did.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yes  I did.

It is exactly like described in TB's port report. Not sure what extra information you would want from us.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I've been playing it a fair bit since its release, view distance is flat out broken but with that turned down I can play everything else maxed out on a single 780

I haven't played the game but from what i can see from post of people here, its basically the same conclusion as on OC.net. However there was the new patch has fixed some of the performance issue at least for TB where SLI looks to be doing its job where previously it didnt. 

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

It is exactly like described in TB's port report. Not sure what extra information you would want from us.

Your opinion/experience on it .

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I've been playing it a fair bit since its release, view distance is flat out broken but with that turned down I can play everything else maxed out on a single 780

What about your FPS ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

What about your FPS ??

I average around 75 or so. It's a very cpu bound game though so having a 4770k @ 4.8ghz helps.

Your opinion/experience on it .

4690K at 4.5 Ghz with a GTX980 are giving me solid performance with significant frame variance. I do not have a frame counter running but I clearly stay over 60 most if not all the time, the variance might annoy those sensitive to tearing.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I was going to buy and download the game this morning. Until I found out you will not be able to mod the game. Techland are filing dmca against modders.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

I will make this simple.

The game doesnt max out the TWO physical cores on my I3.

Disgraceful optimization.

Stay away.

Thanks.

I was going to buy and download the game this morning. Until I found out you will not be able to mod the game. Techland are filing dmca against modders.

Why ????

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Thanks.

Why ????

This is only my POV. Modders come up with better content than most DLC you buy and its for free. techland only wants you to buy their DLC. techland reason to block mods is to stop the cheaters. I dont by it

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Mine is quite laggy on cutsceneS. Yea.. We shpuld wait for the next patch

For some reason V-Sync (required v-sync if you do not have variable refresh rate because of the varying fps) on 120Hz varies between 60fps cap and 120fps cap which is weird, (this only after latest patch). But I am either on 60 FPS constantly or 120 fps constantly max settings apart from view distance on minimum.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I have played it all the way through, cleared everything but the challenges.

My thoughts:

To me, Dying light is a success despite it having some issues at launch, let's face it, what game launches without problems these days?

For me, Dying Light represents what a first person zombie game should be, almost perfectly. The combat is downright fun. While I do feel the game is a bit short, at least shorter than what I would have liked, it needed to have about as much content at launch as Skyrim did to get a 10/10 from me. However, these aren't the biggest problems.

The biggest thing that is missing, is the survival aspect to it. You don't need to eat food except if you find some and want to regain like 10 health, you don't need water, and the most damning of all:

No base building.

If they had implemented base building, instead of safe zones that you have to capture, this game would have been epic.

All in all, a great start, but it needs more of an RPG element to it, if someone took the combat system from this game, and paired it with TES levels of side content, base building/customizing, it would be an 11/10.

Here's hoping some modders make that shit real, already some mods up on NM, although nothing NMM compatible as far as I can see.

Edit: Mine runs decent on ultra with HBAO off and render distance turned down to half way. No noticeable popping

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I have played it all the way through, cleared everything but the challenges.

My thoughts:

To me, Dying light is a success despite it having some issues at launch, let's face it, what game launches without problems these days?

For me, Dying Light represents what a first person zombie game should be, almost perfectly. The combat is downright fun. While I do feel the game is a bit short, at least shorter than what I would have liked, it needed to have about as much content at launch as Skyrim did to get a 10/10 from me. However, these aren't the biggest problems.

The biggest thing that is missing, is the survival aspect to it. You don't need to eat food except if you find some and want to regain like 10 health, you don't need water, and the most damning of all:

No base building.

If they had implemented base building, instead of safe zones that you have to capture, this game would have been epic.

All in all, a great start, but it needs more of an RPG element to it, if someone took the combat system from this game, and paired it with TES levels of side content, base building/customizing, it would be an 11/10.

Here's hoping some modders make that shit real, already some mods up on NM, although nothing NMM compatible as far as I can see.

Edit: Mine runs decent on ultra with HBAO off and render distance turned down to half way. No noticeable popping

I saw on some reviews that the render distance ahould be turned down. What the cost of it?

I saw on some reviews that the render distance ahould be turned down. What the cost of it?

At about half, you notice some minor details in the environment pop a bit more (like small neon signs on the sides of buildings), no enemy popping that I noticed, which is extremely good, especially when you're jumping down into a giant market/square sort of thing with a crap ton of zombies in it.

For me, the biggest frame drops came when I'd get hit with something that would mess with my vision, like spew from a spitter zombie.

At about half, you notice some minor details in the environment pop a bit more (like small neon signs on the sides of buildings), no enemy popping that I noticed, which is extremely good, especially when you're jumping down into a giant market/square sort of thing with a crap ton of zombies in it.

For me, the biggest frame drops came when I'd get hit with something that would mess with my vision, like spew from a spitter zombie.

What GPU are u using? I keeps getting framdrop on cutscenes. Dunno why

What GPU are u using? I keeps getting framdrop on cutscenes. Dunno why

GTX 970. It's definitely hitting the 3.5 issue though. Needs optimization.

GTX 970. It's definitely hitting the 3.5 issue though. Needs optimization.

Yea.. I heard that befor. Does it happen to 980 too?