HX850i

ScorpioV

Hey guys, was looking for a new PSU and came across the HX850i. It looks like a solid PSU, but I am just wanting to verify that it will have the correct connectors to run my hardware.

*I am going to need 6 SATA's for my h100i, SSD, HDD etc

*2  8 pin connectors for my 970 STRIX (possibly getting another if I get some extra money, which is why I say 2)

*1 24 pin (obviously this is going to be in it lol) 1 4 pin and another 8 pin for my upcoming upgrade to a ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z (I just eyeballed this one, might or might not need all of them

Will this PSU have enough of those connectors? Or do I need to keep looking?

Or is there an option that is just as good or better for less money?

Thanks!

It has them all. Maybe go for something with a little less watts...

It has them all. Maybe go for something with a little less watts...

Alright, would the HX750i work?

Alright, would the HX750i work?

I have that PSU and it is a very good piece of kit that also has all of the connectors you need. Also ALL cables are totally black which seems like a small thing but is wonderful to x3

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I have that PSU and it is a very good piece of kit that also has all of the connectors you need. Also ALL cables are totally black which seems like a small thing but is wonderful to x3

Makes a huge difference when it comes to looks, especially since my entire theme is black and blue with touches of red lol

I'd like to make a distinction between 8pin (or 6+2 pin) PCIE connectors for graphics cards and 8pin (or 4+4pin) EPS connectors for the CPU. Don't muddle them up when you replace your PSU.

I'd like to make a distinction between 8pin (or 6+2 pin) PCIE connectors for graphics cards and 8pin (or 4+4pin) EPS connectors for the CPU. Don't muddle them up when you replace your PSU.

So it would be a 4+4 pin that I would use on the motherboard, correct?

So it would be a 4+4 pin that I would use on the motherboard, correct?

There are no 4 or 4+4pin PCIE connectors, so yes any 4+4pins are going to be labelled EPS and are connected to the motherboard for power to the CPU. Don't connect EPS connectors to the GPU, don't connect PCIE connectors to the motherboard to power the CPU.

There are no 4 or 4+4pin PCIE connectors, so yes any 4+4pins are going to be labelled EPS and are connected to the motherboard for power to the CPU. Don't connect EPS connectors to the GPU, don't connect PCIE connectors to the motherboard to power the CPU.

Alright, just wanted to clear that up. Was able to splurge a bit, but wasting money after a screw up is something I can't afford. Thanks.