What temp should i get

I have a amd 8320 and i want to get it running really cool.

How much temp should i get with Cooler master nepton 240M.

IMPOSSIBLE to answer,

what volts it running,

what load,

in what case,

with what GPU,

whats ambient temp,

what room is it in,

what fans do you have,

what drives do you have.

These are very few of the variables that will alter your expected temp output.

Case is cooler master n200

ambient temp is 15 degrees celsius

i just saw mistake typing this n200 support only 240mm

Case is cooler master n200

ambient temp is 15 degrees celsius

i just saw mistake typing this n200 support only 240mm

Ok let me first clear up some things, asking people what temps you should get it dumb, why?

• Because motherboard temp sensors differ board to board and they can also be wildly innaccurate!
  • The FX cpu's only tell you their true temp under load as they use algorithm to calculate the temperature so Idle temps are not correct.

I could go on but the main points have been stated, overall don't worry about it, if you're not overclocking the Nepton will do fine.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Ok let me first clear up some things, asking people what temps you should get it dumb, why?

• Because motherboard temp sensors differ board to board and they can also be wildly innaccurate!
  • The FX cpu's only tell you their true temp under load as they use algorithm to calculate the temperature so Idle temps are not correct.

I could go on but the main points have been stated, overall don't worry about it, if you're not overclocking the Nepton will do fine.

I can definitely attest to that. I'm on a full custom loop, and I recently changed out my mainboard -- had a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 and am now running an ASRock 990FX Extreme6. On the Gigabyte board I was showing temperatures hovering in the mid to upper 20s at idle. On the ASRock board, it's reporting low 30s with everything else being pretty much equal.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

I can definitely attest to that. I'm on a full custom loop, and I recently changed out my mainboard -- had a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 and am now running an ASRock 990FX Extreme6. On the Gigabyte board I was showing temperatures hovering in the mid to upper 20s at idle. On the ASRock board, it's reporting low 30s with everything else being pretty much equal.

Those ASrock boards get pretty hot don't they anyway? My sabrekitty need the VRM and NB watercooled ASAP.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Those ASrock boards get pretty hot don't they anyway? My sabrekitty need the VRM and NB watercooled ASAP.

Not sure. According to HWMonitor, the AUXTIN hovers around 63C, but doesn't change much, while the TMPIN3 stays at 40C and the SYSTIN stays in the low 30s. If I had a thermal camera or a laser thermometer, I might be able to get a better idea of what's going on, but otherwise I haven't really seen a need to watercool the mainboard -- plus there don't appear to be blocks readily available for it unless I try to find generic blocks that might fit as EK's Cooling Configurator is coming up blank for both my mainboard and my wife's. What blocks did you use?

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Not sure. According to HWMonitor, the AUXTIN hovers around 63C, but doesn't change much, while the TMPIN3 stays at 40C and the SYSTIN stays in the low 30s. If I had a thermal camera or a laser thermometer, I might be able to get a better idea of what's going on, but otherwise I haven't really seen a need to watercool the mainboard -- plus there don't appear to be blocks readily available for it unless I try to find generic blocks that might fit as EK's Cooling Configurator is coming up blank for both my mainboard and my wife's. What blocks did you use?

Koolance MVR-100 VRM heatsink with the MVR-PLT140 Heat transfer plate (they do other sizes) and for the NB a Heatkiller NSB rev.3 or you can use the Koolance CHC-122 but struggled to find them here in the UK at the time.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken