2 240 ssd in raid o w/ raid 1 to 2 tb hd possible

stunkcuf

Is it possible to do this 2 ssd in raid 0 with a 2 tb hd in raid 1 with the other raid. I would like to back up the two ssd some how. just never done a setup like that and don't think it's possible. But I do believe I can back up my files on the 2 tb hd just can't do a mirror back up of the raid 0. Any input or recommendations, much appreciated!

Is it possible to do this 2 ssd in raid 0 with a 2 tb hd in raid 1 with the other raid. I would like to back up the two ssd some how. just never done a setup like that and don't think it's possible. But I do believe I can back up my files on the 2 tb hd just can't do a mirror back up of the raid 0. Any input or recommendations, much appreciated!

I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but even if it did when you RAID two drives together they become the same size as the smaller. So your 2tb drive will come down to whatever your 2 ssds add up to in storage. 

so if both your ssds are 240gb they will be 480gb in total and when you raid it with your 2tb your 2tb will become 480gb as well.

You usually only raid identical drives with identical sizes. Even if it was possible, the 2TB capacity would be restricted to that of the SSD. Solution: Don't be lazy do a backup like everyone else :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

i agree with @SuperPug the 2tb will be restricted by the size of the SSD

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Hey guys thanks for the input and knowledge. Original plan was use the 2 tb for storage and back up just curious if that was possible. I know a raid 10 is similar but uses 4 drives to setup. What I didn't know is that if I did raid 1 the size would be restricted. If any other info please fill free to share.