Android studio not detecting my Nvidea Shield Tablet.

HEyy,

So, I want to test my project on my Shield tablet, but android studio is being a bit "cunty" par say. When I hit run app the shield tablet doent show up. I have debugger mode on, and windows detects it, so WTF? my two other phones worked fine. I would like to get the tablet to work cause its my only android 5 capable device and my only device with a screen res over ~720p.

What am i missing?

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

HEyy,

So, I want to test my project on my Shield tablet, but android studio is being a bit "cunty" par say. When I hit run app the shield tablet doent show up. I have debugger mode on, and windows detects it, so WTF? my two other phones worked fine. I would like to get the tablet to work cause its my only android 5 capable device and my only device with a screen res over ~720p.

What am i missing?

Possible its not supported on the Device yet. 

Is USB debugging on?

Do you have the right drivers? Usually non-nexus devices need specific OEM drivers to work.

Do you have your project's run configuration set to the Shield? (Or you can set it to ask which device to run the app on each time you run it, which is what I prefer)

Possible its not supported on the Device yet. 

thats probably it, after abit of research there is a phat api pack that i need to download. Its filled with all the Nvidia paper towel stuff.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

Is USB debugging on?

Do you have the right drivers? Usually non-nexus devices need specific OEM drivers to work.

Do you have your project's run configuration set to the Shield? (Or you can set it to ask which device to run the app on each time you run it, which is what I prefer)

Literally done the above three. I need to download an api pack with all of Nvidia's tech that ill probably never use because all of 3 people would benefit from it.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.

Does your computer recognize the device?

Did you download the Google USB drivers? (available in the android SDK, but plenty of guides online)

Does the device show up in logcat?

Did you configure your device to be debugged?

i had this issue with my tegra note 7. you need to be a registered tegra developer to get the development drivers from nvidia. the normal android developer device driver will not work

HEyy,

What am i missing?

just to grab your attention, and its probably against the EULA with nvidia but f*** them, i can upload the latest windows tadp installer for you so you can atleast get your shield tablet to developer state

just to grab your attention, and its probably against the EULA with nvidia but f*** them, i can upload the latest windows tadp installer for you so you can atleast get your shield tablet to developer state

ive just said fuck it, ive recruited one of my buhds to help me out, he has a LG tablet. It was more just to get the lay-out of the gui down better.

Does your computer recognize the device?

Did you download the Google USB drivers? (available in the android SDK, but plenty of guides online)

Does the device show up in logcat?

Did you configure your device to be debugged?

yes

yes

no

yes

doesn't matter any more, Im not going to use it.

Java tuts:

221 Goodbye.