Star citizen basic info?

kpreg

Hi all,

I've wanted to play star citizen for so long now, and with my 970 sli I finally can. 

The game itself looks pretty badass, and yes i'm perfectly fine with the biz model.

Can you guys point me in a good direction on what first ship to get? I'm iether looking to me a merchant or pirate.

Also if you know of a  guide on the basics, would you direct me to it?

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

What is your budget @kpreg? If you have a relatively short budget, a good pirate ship would be the Cutlass ships. As for the merchant ships...Freelancer is probably the best budget merchant ship to get. If you could share your budget with us, we could give better suggestions.

Basics as in flight controls? Lore? Or about everything? The best place to look is at the website. If you want a control manual, then here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/hwb5x45eghhelr/source/AC-Manual-1-0-V6.pdf

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14268-Learn-To-Fly-Manual-Update-Video

I encourage you to also check out the forum's sub-forums. They have some great threads, and if you are willing, people to answer more thorough questions.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What is your budget @kpreg? If you have a relatively short budget, a good pirate ship would be the Cutlass ships. As for the merchant ships...Freelancer is probably the best budget merchant ship to get. If you could share your budget with us, we could give better suggestions.

Basics as in flight controls? Lore? Or about everything? The best place to look is at the website. If you want a control manual, then here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/hwb5x45eghhelr/source/AC-Manual-1-0-V6.pdf

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14268-Learn-To-Fly-Manual-Update-Video

I encourage you to also check out the forum's sub-forums. They have some great threads, and if you are willing, people to answer more thorough questions.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm looking to spend less than 70$ to get started. I've watched some gameplay videos and I undertstand the basics of controls, it's just the economy that still doesn't make sense to me.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Thanks for your reply!

I'm looking to spend less than 70$ to get started. I've watched some gameplay videos and I undertstand the basics of controls, it's just the economy that still doesn't make sense to me.

You shouldn't worry about the economy of the game just yet. It will be a bit longer until we get to earn in game money to buy parts etc. Besides, we don't know much about the economy (feel free to prove me wrong someone).

For less than 70$ it leaves you with these as your options (the merchant ships and stuff cost more than that), assuming you want the Package Deals, not the single ships:

• Mustang Gamma 70$ (or the lower Mustang variants)
  • 315P 75$
  • Avenger 75$ (I own this ship and I love her!)
  • (I know the last two are 5$ more but I was hoping it wasn't too much over budget to list)

There are others below 70$ as well, but they aren't merchant class ships @ or around your budget. Do keep in mind though that you can use any ship for piracy—granted it has cargo capacity that isn't super small to restrict you like racer ships. However, for pirates I think either the Avenger or the Mustang/s will do @ 70$.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You shouldn't worry about the economy of the game just yet. It will be a bit longer until we get to earn in game money to buy parts etc. Besides, we don't know much about the economy (feel free to prove me wrong someone).

For less than 70$ it leaves you with these as your options (the merchant ships and stuff cost more than that), assuming you want the Package Deals, not the single ships:

• Mustang Gamma 70$ (or the lower Mustang variants)
  • 315P 75$
  • Avenger 75$ (I own this ship and I love her!)
  • (I know the last two are 5$ more but I was hoping it wasn't too much over budget to list)

There are others below 70$ as well, but they aren't merchant class ships @ or around your budget. Do keep in mind though that you can use any ship for piracy—granted it has cargo capacity that isn't super small to restrict you like racer ships. However, for pirates I think either the Avenger or the Mustang/s will do @ 70$.

Thanks for the help!

Which module will the economy be coming in?

Thanks for the help!

Which module will the economy be coming in?

Area Commander I believe, which if so, will mean a much later patch/version.

isnt the game coming out in 2016?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Area Commander I believe, which if so, will mean a much later patch/version.

Oh! Thanks. I think I'd like to stay under 50$, how is the aurora for merchant work?

isnt the game coming out in 2016?

It's coming out in modules, and it's playable atm but not all the way

the "economy" will be rolling out in phases, first phase should be in march whe we can start window shoping.

with more to come every persistant universe update that comes out.

for the last week they have been releaseing recordings of the town hall presentations they did at pax south, which covers a lot of information about the economy and the univrse. I have watched all of them three times and still need to go back thru again because I'm still missing bits of information.

Oh! Thanks. I think I'd like to stay under 50$, how is the aurora for merchant work?

Well for that budget, the Aurora is the only option. As long as you don't get any racer/speed variant ships anything will be a decent start up mercantile ship. :D  But the Game Packages cost more than single ships (game packages are the only way to get game access like beta and alpha), so you only have three options;

All of the above is @ 45$. :)  *For 60$, you can get the Aurora CL, a mercantile ship, cheapest available merchant ship.

Tip; If you click the ship links and then go to the Ship Stats page, you can see their cargo capacity. If it doesn't have any or is very small, then for merchant work it would be better to get one with larger cargo. :)

the mustang alpha is nice, it's got ok cargo, the aurora is a brick. and yeah if you can/willing to splurg for the CL it has way more cargo space. but you can always buy in cheap and wait for the game to come out and buy a better ship in the PU.