I've concluded that something is amiss with my home network

Majinferno

After 3 days of testing, I've determined that I can not surpass 22-23mbps down through speed test. Looking for a solution, I've looked through my gateway, changing channels, power range, N-only, etc. Anything to pass this barrier. However, it seems my speeds are being throttled/capped.

Check this below 

Line State Up
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps) 25311
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps) 2036
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 42516
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 2036
Modulation VDSL2
Data Path Interleaved
  Downstream Upstream
SN Margin (dB) 16.4 0
Line Attenuation (dB) 38.8 0
Output Power(dBm) 13.7 6.9
Errored Seconds 0 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
FEC Errors 13 0
CRC Errors 0 0

Does anything seem wrong that could be causing this barrier? I would tell my parent to call up the isp, but I need to be sure if this issue is brought forth by intentional throttling, or something to do w/ interference. The modem is the motorola NVG589 under uverse/att connected to dsl through phone cable. My main target of intrest is the Max attainable rate compared to the attainable rate. The attainable downstream is nearly half of the max attainable rate.

Sorry if my summary seems vague. I'm trying to wrap my head around networking, but my knowledge is pretty limited right now :P
Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Most recent speed test. Wireless N-Only 40mhz
4105470137.png

Still can't seem to pass this 22-23mbps

so you're saying your ISP plan is 40Mb/s down 4Mb/s up and you get half of that over wifi?

taken from:

http://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-is-the-actual-real-life-speed-of-wireless-374

'wireless speeds vary depending on distance from the access point, shared bandwidth, channel interference and any physical obstructions"

post-44494-0-36394600-1422729694.png

post-44494-0-36394600-1422729694.png

so you're saying your ISP plan is 40Mb/s down 4Mb/s up and you get half of that over wifi?

This is what i suspect based on my max attainable rate compared to my current attainable rate.

However, My parents have little networking knowledge, so it's been pretty hard to get answers regarding our current plan. I wanted to get the communities thoughts on this before I went ahead with anything regarding the isp.

edit: Also speeds are exactly the same over Ethernet. I found this to be very strange. :S

I edited my previous post, but if the speeds are the same over a wired connection then I would contact your ISP and they may need to ultimately send someone to your house.

I edited my previous post, but if the speeds are the same over a wired connection then I would contact your ISP and they may need to ultimately send someone to your house.

I only have one other Access point and I seem to be on a clear channel. Running N-only w/ 40mhz along with full signal, I get about half the average speeds stated in your edited post.

I'm going to look more into any interference issues.

I only have one other Access point and I seem to be on a clear channel. Running N-only w/ 40mhz along with full signal, I get about half the average speeds stated in your edited post.

I'm going to look more into any interference issues.

I have three access points and found that anything heavy I kept static on channel 11 and the other two are on 1 and 6, but your mileage may vary.  If you have an Android you can grab Wifi Analyzer and see who is using what in your immediate area.  There is a software version as well, but I do not have experience with that.

The max attainable rate could possibly just be the fastest rate the line will allow, and not the maximum speed of your plan.

I would suggest asking your parents how much you pay a month, then visit your ISP's website and look at their plans, then guesstimate which one you have. This should tell you approximately what speeds you're parents are paying for.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB