No Man's Sky for PS4!

Since No Man's Sky is coming out this year for PS4 and later on PC, I was wondering what you guys think about the whole 'randomly generated universe' thing they've got going on. It seems kind of revolutionary in the gaming world to have a game that has almost infinite possibilities when it comes to the exploration of planets. I'm kind of fascinated by the idea and was wondering if maybe i get get some of your input. If you guys dont know what im talking about then just search No Man's Sky on youtube and there's a couple of vids that can help you guys out. I personally can't wait for it to come out. but what do you guys think?

I have been excited for the game since I first saw it, all the space genre fans are in for a great year with Elite, No man's sky, and Star Citizen

OAS || AAS || LLS

SNIP

depends on the variety, if its like "this is blue planet with green trees, and this is the green planet with blue trees" then it will get boring FAST

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I love the idea, if they do it right it's going to be great. I won't touch a ps4 to get access to it a few months earlier though,

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I love this whole space exploration genre that's finally coming back to the forefront after so long being out of the scene. No mans sky is probably the best one for just straight up fun which your friends can enjoy looking at as well, although the multiplayer aspect of it I'm a little unsure about. If there was the possibility of cross platform gaming between the PC and PS4 then I'd love it even more, as I've a few friends who have PS4s and would be more than happy to play it with me as I don't have one. The RGU aspect is great, as it gives a real sense of exploration because no one will have ever seen these places before.

However, I still prefer the look of star citizen and its absolute realism, especially the physics engine and ship design. But I will probably own all three of Elite, SC and NMS just to experience and compare them all.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I love this whole space exploration genre that's finally coming back to the forefront after so long being out of the scene. No mans sky is probably the best one for just straight up fun which your friends can enjoy looking at as well, although the multiplayer aspect of it I'm a little unsure about. If there was the possibility of cross platform gaming between the PC and PS4 then I'd love it even more, as I've a few friends who have PS4s and would be more than happy to play it with me as I don't have one. The RGU aspect is great, as it gives a real sense of exploration because no one will have ever seen these places before.

However, I still prefer the look of star citizen and its absolute realism, especially the physics engine and ship design. But I will probably own all three of Elite, SC and NMS just to experience and compare them all.

Well the developers have said not to think of it as multiplayer game. As far as i know, you can see other players in the game but there wont be much of a difference between the player and NPCs as no name appears over their head and no other indicators. they have said that while its "possible" to explore the same planet with a frind of yours, it could take hours finding the right star system, planet, and area on that planet. so while multiplayer is possible it is unlikely that it will happen at any given time. however the exploration achievements made by other players will have effect on every players experience of the game, for example; if a player discovers a brand new species and then exterminates the species (again unlikely but possible) then no other player in the entire server will experience finding that species. So there are some interesting multiplayer aspects that do add to the game however i would compare that to dark souls where multiplayer exists but its not a big part of the game.

Well the developers have said not to think of it as multiplayer game. As far as i know, you can see other players in the game but there wont be much of a difference between the player and NPCs as no name appears over their head and no other indicators. they have said that while its "possible" to explore the same planet with a frind of yours, it could take hours finding the right star system, planet, and area on that planet. so while multiplayer is possible it is unlikely that it will happen at any given time. however the exploration achievements made by other players will have effect on every players experience of the game, for example; if a player discovers a brand new species and then exterminates the species (again unlikely but possible) then no other player in the entire server will experience finding that species. So there are some interesting multiplayer aspects that do add to the game however i would compare that to dark souls where multiplayer exists but its not a big part of the game.

Yeah, that what I'd heard about it. It's a good feature, but having a proper multiplayer aspect to it as well, maybe in a later update would be nice, so a different game mode possibly. It may be that you need a private server to do it, but at least with that it'll make it available in a number of styles.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Yeah, that what I'd heard about it. It's a good feature, but having a proper multiplayer aspect to it as well, maybe in a later update would be nice, so a different game mode possibly. It may be that you need a private server to do it, but at least with that it'll make it available in a number of styles.

I agree 

about the whole 'randomly generated universe' thing they've got going on. It seems kind of revolutionary in the gaming world to have a game that has almost infinite possibilities when it comes to the exploration of planets.

*cough* MINECRAFT *cough*

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I don't think it's revolutionary, it just seems that way to some people because of how they presented it. I was still very excited when I first saw the trailer. I love the sci-fi novel aesthetic they have going. I'm anticipating some negative feedback when people realize it isn't what they were expecting, or all that they were expecting. Still think I'll enjoy it, and look forward to the PC release.

I think its a great idea, if done right, where the infinite generation plays into the mechanics (a la minecraft). That could really add a crazy amount to the game. I agree with shadowcaptain though, it could get really repetitive really fast :P 

As for the multiplayer side of things. It could also be amazing! If it takes the star citizen aspect of exploration and bumps it up a notch to actually scavenging a planes surface, that would be great stuff. 

I look forward to that it will bring to the table ;) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I think its a great idea, if done right, where the infinite generation plays into the mechanics (a la minecraft). That could really add a crazy amount to the game. I agree with shadowcaptain though, it could get really repetitive really fast :P

As for the multiplayer side of things. It could also be amazing! If it takes the star citizen aspect of exploration and bumps it up a notch to actually scavenging a planes surface, that would be great stuff. 

I look forward to that it will bring to the table ;)

well as i said before its not meant to be thought of as a multiplayer game. But the main aim of the game is to collect resources from planet surfaces and sell them for armour upgrades, weapon upgrades, new ships etc. so scavenging a planets surface will be a main aspect of the gameplay

well as i said before its not meant to be thought of as a multiplayer game. But the main aim of the game is to collect resources from planet surfaces and sell them for armour upgrades, weapon upgrades, new ships etc. so scavenging a planets surface will be a main aspect of the gameplay

I do think that it will be great, and as you said what they're focusing on isn't multilayer, so they probably have some really nifty stuff in waiting. 

Reading over this thread made me think; a multiplayer economy would be really cool, forcing you to find the best places to find good resources and sell them at the best price, really bring trading into it's own. 

But like you said that's not the focus :P I look forward to what they present.  

I do think that it will be great, and as you said what they're focusing on isn't multilayer, so they probably have some really nifty stuff in waiting. 

Reading over this thread made me think; a multiplayer economy would be really cool, forcing you to find the best places to find good resources and sell them at the best price, really bring trading into it's own. 

But like you said that's not the focus :P I look forward to what they present.  

well the developers have said that the main "aim" of the game is to head further to the center of the galaxy. they havent said whats there but that most players will WANT to be there whenever they can get the chance. apparently the closer to the center of the galaxy you are then the rarer the materials will get and more expensive stuff can be bought. i cant wait till it comes out though. sounds like its gunna be quite good

well the developers have said that the main "aim" of the game is to head further to the center of the galaxy. they havent said whats there but that most players will WANT to be there whenever they can get the chance. apparently the closer to the center of the galaxy you are then the rarer the materials will get and more expensive stuff can be bought. i cant wait till it comes out though. sounds like its gunna be quite good

Ooh yeah forgot about that. That's a really weird way of adding a kind of objective. Maybe you'll be able to slowly hear a story as you tend towards it too.

Almost like they have found a way of making an open world game somewhat structured :) 

Ooh yeah forgot about that. That's a really weird way of adding a kind of objective. Maybe you'll be able to slowly hear a story as you tend towards it too.

Almost like they have found a way of making an open world game somewhat structured :)

kinda. no meantion of story though. you kind of have to experience the game and build your own mental story. i do have my own theory of whats goin on though

kinda. no meantion of story though. you kind of have to experience the game and build your own mental story. i do have my own theory of whats goin on though

when is it Due to be out?