Parallel Cooling

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Yes, it's possible. 

The reason why he didn't include the cpu was due to the tubing not lining up.

Heii i have another question as some of you may know jayztwocents has a parallel setup with his graphics cards.

So my question is is it possible to include the cpu also with this without having a second loop.

So the cpu would also be in the parallel config.

maxresdefault.jpg

RIqlcQH.jpg

Like this sorry for my bad photoshop skills.

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

Yes, it's possible. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes, it's possible. 

Thanks very much.

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

Yes, it's possible. 

The things people do for a pretty looking system, hha, not that I have any right to talk about it.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Yes, it's possible. 

You are right on it is possible but, the reason is because the resistance of the gpu and cpu block are different.... so the flowrate wont be equal therefore the performance will be affected......

The extra pressure of the offset tube can most likely be ignored in that length...

You are right on it is possible but, the reason is because the resistance of the gpu and cpu block are different.... so the flowrate wont be equal therefore the performance will be affected......

The extra pressure of the offset tube can most likely be ignored in that length...

I think the issue of lining up was more for looks than functionality.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I don't understand why you would want to do that in the first place, Jayz build looks pretty damn good as it, putting the tubing into the CPU like that looks awful tbh.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I don't understand why you would want to do that in the first place, Jayz build looks pretty damn good as it, putting the tubing into the CPU like that looks awful tbh.

It would look nice if the parts were lined up and the tubing could just go straight past the parts. The parts not lining up is probably why he didn't do that.

It would look nice if the parts were lined up and the tubing could just go straight past the parts. The parts not lining up is probably why he didn't do that.

I respect your opinion but to me it looks pants, Jayz method is much better in my opinion.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

I respect your opinion but to me it looks pants, Jayz method is much better in my opinion.

But it'sMuch more $$. You have to get 2 res, 2 pump, more fittings.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I think the issue of lining up was more for looks than functionality.

Yes I totally agree with you on the aesthetic perspective, but this would be case by case.  

My point was whether it's doable not it looks good or not.

there could possibly be situation where the gpu ports line up with cpu ports or some may just think it looks awesome not lining up....  

However, even though they do line up and look perfectly fine.. it's still NOT advisable to add cpu block to a parallel gpu setup except for when you know the cpu has the exact same amount of psi as the gpu blocks. If you do find a source that someone successfully add the cpu block to a parrallel gpu set-up without any extra pressure control or custom made blocks... please do let me know cuz I really like this idea indeed.

But it'sMuch more $$. You have to get 2 res, 2 pump, more fittings.

If money is a limiting factor to what you want to do, you wouldn't run the GPU's in parallel anyway because it costs more in tubing and fittings, you'd just single loop the entire thing, also watercooling isn't cheap in the first place, lower tier cooling products will yield poor overclocking results, fit a 212 to an FX cpu and see, Fit my waterblock to an FX chip then compare it to an EK supremacy block and those tiny 2c will make a world of difference. Cooling his cpu and gpus separately may net him extra mhz in his overclocks so... why not? I'd do it!  :D

I see a lot of people on forums asking "how can I watercool cheap!?" the answer is you can't, it's going to cost a lot more than air, requires more attention than air, either do it properly or don't bother and stick to air. The reason I went to watercooling was to push my OC 300mhz more than air could net me and I paid a pretty penny, all my parts bar compression fittings and tubing is 2nd hand. My D5 pump is brand new with extras but still second hand and pretty much a steal! Regardless, it cost me way more than air.

Parallel looks amazing, he might have done it purely for ascetics and I would of done the same because the solution mention in this thread looks daft, not only that but how would he then us the rad in the top? His case alone cost him half a grand because it's a caselabs soooooooo...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Yes I totally agree with you, but this would be case by case.  

My point was there could possibly be situation where the gpu ports line up with cpu ports.  However, even though they do line up and look perfectly fine.. it's still NOT advisable to add cpu block to a parallel gpu setup except for when you know the cpu has the exact same amount of psi as the gpu blocks.

Could you expand on this, I want to learn more.  :)

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Could you expand on this, I want to learn more.  :)

This guide from OCN is very handy.  If you want to do multi-gpu loop.

A parallel loop divides flow rate equally into the number of the blocks you parallel due to the fact that they have the same pressure(measured in psi mostly).  Your flow won't by-pass anyone of them after the loop's been filled.  It's like you have a Y-fitting.

So if you add a cpu block parallel with your gpu block which often has more restriction, a great chance that the cpu won't get enough flow or air trapped.

If you do have a cpu block happened to have the same restriction as the gpu's, even tho they don't line-up and looks nice.  It definitely works.  But also if the tubing from gpu to cpu curves, the restriction must be included as well.

Yes I totally agree with you on the aesthetic perspective, but this would be case by case.

My point was whether it's doable not it looks good or not.

there could possibly be situation where the gpu ports line up with cpu ports or some may just think it looks awesome not lining up....

However, even though they do line up and look perfectly fine.. it's still NOT advisable to add cpu block to a parallel gpu setup except for when you know the cpu has the exact same amount of psi as the gpu blocks. If you do find a source that someone successfully add the cpu block to a parrallel gpu set-up without any extra pressure control or custom made blocks... please do let me know cuz I really like this idea indeed.

Here's an example: http://www.kennethballard.com/?p=1556

It's doable. Yes, it may be more work but so are most cool things.

Here's an example: http://www.kennethballard.com/?p=1556

It's doable. Yes, it may be more work but so are most cool things.

what? that is a 2 gpu in parallel and series cpu in one loop..... the outlet of the cpu doesn't come to merge with the flow of two gpu outlets....

This is a picture of what I was talking abt, that actually parallel gpu and cpu.

0P4gAEB.png?1

what? that is a 2 gpu in parallel and series cpu in one loop..... the outlet of the cpu doesn't come to merge with the flow of two gpu outlets....

That's what I meant when responding to the OP and what I think the OP meant as well in the first place.

That's what I meant when responding to the OP and what I think the OP meant as well in the first place.

I see now, i read this sentence from the OP "So the cpu would also be in the parallel config." 

as if cpu in parallel...

I see now, i read this sentence from the OP "So the cpu would also be in the parallel config." 

as if cpu in parallel...

You mean like this? http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/62278-haf-xb-wc-build-4.html#post722505

Also, I think that third line was edited in along with the second image.

You mean like this? http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/62278-haf-xb-wc-build-4.html#post722505

Also, I think that third line was edited in along with the second image.

Yes, thank you. that's it. 

I guess matching the psi after all isn't that hard.

Question is if we change the pump speed, would the psi scale identically on both blocks?

I apologize for not knowing the OP edited his question.