F@H For Xperia Z

Sony has launched the first beta version of its Folding@Home Android app for all of its Xperia Z smartphones. The app is designed to use a smartphone's idle processing power to help simulate the unfolding process of proteins for medical research.

Sony previously launched a Folding@Home application for its PlayStation 3 game console and it held the world record for the biggest distributed computing network in the world. Now the Sony Mobile team hopes to bring that same effort to smartphones, where it will help to find cures for diseases such as Alzheimer's.

It states:

The processor in a single Xperia smartphone is capable of performance in the 50 – 100 GFLOP range, though around 30 GFLOPS is more typical, meaning that it would take around 50,000 phones, working full time to equal the 2007 world record. With half a million smartphone users running the app we would more than double the power of entire the Folding@Home network today.

In addition to the Xperia Z smartphones, the Folding@Home app beta can currently be used on Sony's Xperia T3, T2 Ultra, M2 Aqua and C3 devices. The company hopes to make the app available for all Android 4.4 and higher devices later in 2015. HTC launched a similar app in February 2014.

Source: Sony

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/sony-launches-first-foldinghome-beta-app-xperia-z-smartphones

Anyone played around with this yet? It has no support for teams so far hopefully they'll get onto that pretty quick.

Sorry if this is a repost, I did check ._.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/289685-foldinghome-now-on-some-android-phones/

I tried some folding on my Xperia Z, and all I can say is that the program is very limited.

You can only do it at 100% and while charging. And it only runs for four hours.

I'm guessing as not to overheat the phone.

What were your points ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Unknown. As I said, the app is lacking in features.

Thanks.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

There are only four different screens/panels in total.

http://m.imgur.com/seyImiV,u1xqh9V,nINNjGa,xeHQeT3#

Thanks, you didn't have to go that far.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ