Running this game on a mini-ITX

Tairetsu

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this,but it cannot be completely wrong,so anyway:Do you think it will be possible to build a mini-ITX computer able to run this game?,and if so,how would you do it?,c'mon,get creative people. (?

Edit:talking about Star Citizen. 

What game?

And the form factor of the mobo doesnt really have anything to do with how well it plays games, it's more the components you put on it

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Ugh, buy the best graphics card you can afford, remember to have a good amount of VRAM,get a decent CPU and some decent ram. 

What game we talking about here mate?

A Mini-ITX System should be able to run any games. Depending on setup.2

What game?

And the form factor of the mobo doesnt really have anything to do with how well it plays games, it's more the components you put on it

In the Star Citizen sub-forum. 

OP: Grab a 4690(K) or better a mini-ITX Z or H 97 board and a 980 or 970.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I feel... Not stupid. Not that obvious....

Anyways, Yeah, quad core CPU, and a 970 or 980

I feel... Not stupid. Not that obvious....

I've noticed this happens a lot when someone posts in this sub-forum. So now I always check whenever they don't specify.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Damn... thanks for making me feel like a retard... :P

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I've noticed this happens a lot when someone posts in this sub-forum. So now I always check whenever they don't specify.

It's because I just clicked the link from the "Most Recent" posts on the right. Doesn't show subforum

I assume this is what @XTankSlayerX did too

It's because I just clicked the link from the "Most Recent" posts on the right. Doesn't show subforum

I assume this is what @XTankSlayerX did too

Me too, I mean whenever they don't specify the game I check the sub-forum.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Welp,now that the confusion is cleared up,sure,a single 980 may be able to run the game,but,you know,the idea was to spark some imagination and debate so...how well do you think the game could run on that?,would you need to overclock it?,even more so when the full comes out I imagine. 

my 970 tops it out at 1080p, anything else you buy will beat my Mobo and CPU... So yeah, you definitelly can, get on of the small form factor 970's (no the Gigabyte G1 for example) and you should be fit to go.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Welp,now that the confusion is cleared up,sure,a single 980 may be able to run the game,but,you know,the idea was to spark some imagination and debate so...how well do you think the game could run on that?,would you need to overclock it?,even more so when the full comes out I imagine. 

My 980 is running the game peachy on stock. i run it on Medium settings because its in Alpha but i have 60 fps  average.

Im sure a 980 will be a solid choice on release as well. however its hard to say right now. 

a released game should have better optimization so maybe even a 970 (that aint broken) will handle it no prob. 

Max setting or not, hard to say considering we cant tinker with all the Settings right now.

Single 970 is fine for 1080p. Mine is broken and handles even at heavy load with min 30 fps and since AC 1.0.1 and driver 347.25 VRAM usage stays below 3,4 GB.

But this is just as it is now. There is probably a lot of debug code to be run in background, a lot of stuff is not properly optimized and there is a lot that gets added in the later game, so as of now we can't say much.

So an ITX build should be fine, but everything depends on CIGs optimization and your desired Mpix/s  ;)

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this,but it cannot be completely wrong,so anyway:Do you think it will be possible to build a mini-ITX computer able to run this game?,and if so,how would you do it?,c'mon,get creative people. (?

Edit:talking about Star Citizen. 

Check out my main rig. It's an mITX based build running SC splendidly. It's totally doable! It just depends on what components you put into that small form factor.

Edit: Also, I've not seen you around here before! Nice to meet you! Welcome to the fleet :D (If no one's welcomed you yet)

Edited by isHypnophobic

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Check out my main rig. It's an mITX based build running SC splendidly. It's totally doable! It just depends on what components you put into that small form factor.

Edit: Also, I've not seen you around here before! Nice to meet you! Welcome to the fleet :D (If no one's welcomed you yet)

I think I've posted 1 or 2 things in the past,long time ago tho.

I think I've posted 1 or 2 things in the past,long time ago tho.

Oh! Well I usually log on here on and off so I might've missed your posts. What ship(s) are you running (or planning to run)?

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.