Final Audio Design headphones?

NannerBeans

Tanks man. That's exactly the response I wanted.

Lookup engadget

Digital trend

Cnet

And headfi

Those sites review audio pretty much full time

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Lookup engadget

Digital trend

Cnet

And headfi

Gross.

Lookup engadget

Digital trend

Cnet

And headfi

Yeah sorry but the first two don't know shit about audio, Cnet is not reliable, and headfi is full of crap most of the time. I did read the thread at headfi about these headphones and they didn't help much. 

I've heard of Final Audio but nothing about their products.

I heard it was developed with Astrell and Kern and reviews online seemed pretty good but you can only get it if you import from Japan unless you find a used one. 

Hey I've come across a used pair of Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI headphones online. Anyone know this headphone? I've never heard of it before. 

It is comparable to the Denon AH-D 7000, but more neutral with less bass emphasis.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

So I finally got these and they are pretty dang awesome. Vocals just sound like magic on these. The bass is not as good as on my modded Fostex but are still pretty good. They are a bit heavy though coming in at about 480g. Not as heavy as Audezes but still a good amount of weight. They do feel lighter than Alpha Dogs as well but not by too much. The only thing that makes them hard to recommend is that they are hard to get in the US. There are no authorized sellers in the US for these and if you want it you will have to get it 2nd hand from someone that has imported them from Japan or import them yourself which atm is $700 on Amazon. I don't think they're worth $700 but for the $400 used I paid for them I can't complain. I probably wouldn't pay much more for these though. They are definitely interesting since they use both balanced armature and dynamic drivers. Also I heard the stock pads aren't that great on them. I got mine with 840 pads and I changed them out to 1540 pads.

Edit: Actually I was wrong about the import part. They are available over Amazon and it looks like authorized Astell and Kern sellers sell these headphones. However they are still $680 new but at least you can get them within 2 days with Amazon Prime. 

Where is a good place to read up head-phone reviews? 

Also, thanks for the TL;DR review NannerBeans! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Where is a good place to read up head-phone reviews? 

Also, thanks for the TL;DR review NannerBeans! 

Ah that's hard because there is no perfect place. I do like innerfidelity but those are mostly high end and he doesn't have every headphone. The biggest place is head-fi but that place requires a bunch of salt if you know what I mean. Some of the stuff is useful while others is just placebo/pulled out of their ass and you're going to waste money because of it. The most reliable reviews come from the regulars here which there are not a lot since we don't write many full length reviews. A lot of the time we just say our thoughts when other people post for advice so you can create a new post if you want to find out about something and you can't find anywhere else. And then also if reviews of the headphone you're looking into are hard to find, you can also google it and I usually trust things when they are said by more than 1 reviewer although you still need to read in between the lines here because we do not know how credible those sources are. 

Ah that's hard because there is no perfect place. I do like innerfidelity but those are mostly high end and he doesn't have every headphone. The biggest place is head-fi but that place requires a bunch of salt if you know what I mean. Some of the stuff is useful while others is just placebo/pulled out of their ass and you're going to waste money because of it. The most reliable reviews come from the regulars here which there are not a lot since we don't write many full length reviews. A lot of the time we just say our thoughts when other people post for advice so you can create a new post if you want to find out about something and you can't find anywhere else. And then also if reviews of the headphone you're looking into are hard to find, you can also google it and I usually trust things when they are said by more than 1 reviewer although you still need to read in between the lines here because we do not know how credible those sources are.

if possible

best is to try it yourself

try the headphones

if not

you will have to take the risk

I took risk with my Beyer custom one pros and I'm satisfied

9.5/10

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Ah that's hard because there is no perfect place. I do like innerfidelity but those are mostly high end and he doesn't have every headphone. The biggest place is head-fi but that place requires a bunch of salt if you know what I mean.

Yeah, as in salt the earth so that nothing grows from the ashes again.

if possible

best is to try it yourself

try the headphones

if not

you will have to take the risk

I took risk with my Beyer custom one pros and I'm satisfied

9.5/10

You quoted the wrong person.