O rings - Cherry Mx

gooooofpie

Any O rings recommendations specifically for different key switches?

Any recommendations specifically for different key switches?

All of them feel stunning. Blue and Brown switches feel amazing but they're loud. I have reds and absolutely love them. Not too loud and when you press down, it feels sturdy as fuck.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

What do you do? Game? Or do you do more productivity? Do you use your computer in an environment with other people (i.e. you need a quiet keyboard)? Are you a heavy typer?

@STRMfrmXMN is really good at helping people choose switches (sorry to throw you under the bus STRM  :P)

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I use some really hard ones from Home Depot and like them a lot, but it boils down to personal preference. Banggood has some for $3 and I am gong to get them to try them. They look soft, but I don't know for sure.

What do you do? Game? Or do you do more productivity? Do you use your computer in an environment with other people (i.e. you need a quiet keyboard)? Are you a heavy typer?

@STRMfrmXMN is really good at helping people choose switches (sorry to throw you under the bus STRM  :P)

Mainly gaming, and I don't really mind the keyboard sound. Just looking into a better typing experience

All of them feel stunning. Blue and Brown switches feel amazing but they're loud. I have reds and absolutely love them. Not too loud and when you press down, it feels sturdy as fuck.

Ahem. You might want to fix your post. c: Cherry MX Browns are among the quietest switches, not loudest!

Mainly gaming, and I don't really mind the keyboard sound. Just looking into a better typing experience

Try out this quiz :)https://quiz.tryinteract.com/#/STRMfrmXMN/1

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I'm talking about O rings. I currently own a K70 with red switches

Ah okay, but like I said in my first post that it really boils down to personal preference. I am using really hard ones with my MX Red K70(I also use them with my MX Blue Quickfire), but I have used soft ones before and they feel pretty good. I mostly use them to reduce the key travel.

Edit: The ones I use are #247 from PartsmasterPro(11/32" O.D. x 7/32" I.D. x 1/16"). They come in packs of 10 and are expensive as F.

Ahem. You might want to fix your post. c: Cherry MX Browns are among the quietest switches, not loudest!

Really? I was using the key switch thingy where it has all the keys on it and brown and blue seemed to be loud as fuck. Looks like that but from Cherry.

maxresdefault.jpg

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Really? I was using the key switch thingy where it has all the keys on it and brown and blue seemed to be loud as fuck. Looks like that but from Cherry.

...MX Browns.. do not have a click to them whatsoever... That's part of why they're so quiet.. Are you sure it was Browns? They're regarded as the quiet switches..

...MX Browns.. do not have a click to them whatsoever... That's part of why they're so quiet.. Are you sure it was Browns? They're regarded as the quiet switches..

Yea, unless they mixed something up. The browns and blue felt the same, never actually tried browns on a keyboard tho. Guess thats my goal next time I hit up NCIX or MemoryExpress.

Main Rig

XENON Build:  

Office Build:

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold