vandal switch wiring

slifer

So I got a switch from frozen cpu, for momentary blue LED switch.

The harness that came with it has 4 lines, none are labeled.

http://gyazo.com/83a6268e7c48b0e9318c91ad78cd7435

thats what it looks like, so my question is, do i have to take the tube off to connect the harness to the switch? And which cables go to which connectors?

So I got a switch from frozen cpu, for momentary blue LED switch.

The harness that came with it has 4 lines, none are labeled.

http://gyazo.com/83a6268e7c48b0e9318c91ad78cd7435

thats what it looks like, so my question is, do i have to take the tube off to connect the harness to the switch? And which cables go to which connectors?

Easy, have a digital multi meter around? Use the resistance/ohm   setting and probe all the lines, Two should so very little resistance, that will be your LED, the other two should only activate when the button is pressed.

Hope it helped!

EDIT: As for connecting them you might need some spade lugs, or you can cut those and solder connectors on.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Easy, have a digital multi meter around? Use the resistance/ohm   setting and probe all the lines, Two should so very little resistance, that will be your LED, the other two should only activate when the button is pressed.

Hope it helped!

EDIT: As for connecting them you might need some spade lugs, or you can cut those and solder connectors on.

Or just use the continuity mode. :P

Or just use the continuity mode. :P

Its usually the same mode, just has a different name lol. I was thinking that as I was typing it but I guess I forgot to include it.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Its usually the same mode, just has a different name lol. I was thinking that as I was typing it but I guess I forgot to include it.

I actually have no multimeter around.. :/ so is there any other way? and if i could am i connecting it to the harness?

So the wiring diagram shows that I need NC and C for a normally closed circuit or NO and C for a normally open circuit. Which one do I use? And for the two pins does it matter which one goes to which? Or are they can be used interchangeably?

So the wiring diagram shows that I need NC and C for a normally closed circuit or NO and C for a normally open circuit. Which one do I use? And for the two pins does it matter which one goes to which? Or are they can be used interchangeably?

For the power button you would want normally open. So when you close it, it completes the circuit and starts the pc. As for the pins, it does matter what goes where. Two will b e for the LED just plug two pins into the power led on the board, if it doesnt work, try another combo until it works. 

For the power button you would want normally open. So when you close it, it completes the circuit and starts the pc. As for the pins, it does matter what goes where. Two will b e for the LED just plug two pins into the power led on the board, if it doesnt work, try another combo until it works. 

Ah i see! I got it hooked up and working ! :)

Ah i see! I got it hooked up and working ! :)

Good to hear!