(amazon) Boss 7" audio thingy for your car. $130 , 51% off

Tocsin_786

its an audio thingy. i would put this in my no existent 1992 honda civic hatch. 

• Bluetooth Audio Streaming
  • Bluetooth Hands-Free
  • Rear Camera Input

and more 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZA6DPO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HZA6DPO&linkCode=as2&tag=o001b-20&linkId=5YFA7ULM25CSMBVW

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

It's a receiver, lol.

That's a pretty neat-o price. I paid $100 for a single din receiver without a touchscreen. If I had a real excuse to replace my receiver and transfer the DIC I'd go for it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

That's a pretty neat-o price. I paid $100 for a single din receiver without a touchscreen. If I had a real excuse to replace my receiver and transfer the DIC I'd go for it.

there's a reason all the good ones cost 300+

this one is shit

$130 is overpriced IMO.

Error: 410

You wanna know what to buy for car audio (just like you go here for tech info) go on

caraudio.com

mobileaudioforum.com

diymobileaudio.com

I learned a lot on those forums.

Sager NP8278-S--CPU-i7-4710MQ--GPU-GTX 970m 6GB--RAM-8GB--Storage-128GB SSD and 1TB HDD--Mouse-Steelseries Rival--Headset-Kingston HyperX Cloud

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8278-S.html

there's a reason all the good ones cost 300+

this one is shit

$130 is overpriced IMO.

It's a good thing I admit to my lack of knowledge in car audio lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

yeah, i would stay far away from that. I used to be an installer and i would replace head units like those all the time. It is well worth it to invest in a quality head unit, preferably pioneer or ken wood as they have some of the best stuff on the market right now. i would stay away from flip out headunits in general.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

It's a receiver, lol.

i coulsnt formulate the word when i was typing.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Don't ever get anything from boss. Complete fucking garbage.

Disagree, their Dr beat line of metronomes are some of the best.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I chuckled at this, whereas most jokes, I deeply exhale through my nose.

Wut? Its not a joke...

What's the joke?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I don't even fully understand why someone would put a head unit like this on a car.

Maybe to reap the benefits of modern technology but I've always been just fine sitting quitely in a car :P

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Disagree, their Dr beat line of metronomes are some of the best.

Knowing the quality of their car audio stuff they sell, I wouldn't buy a damn thing from them. But maybe they make ONE quality product.

Sager NP8278-S--CPU-i7-4710MQ--GPU-GTX 970m 6GB--RAM-8GB--Storage-128GB SSD and 1TB HDD--Mouse-Steelseries Rival--Headset-Kingston HyperX Cloud

I don't even fully understand why someone would put a head unit like this on a car.

Maybe to radio the benefits of modern technology but I've always been just fine sitting quitely in a car :P

This guy likes to sit quietly too

http://youtu.be/6Omeevk5GBg

Visions has the same thing and it's often on sale for $100

Don't ever get anything from boss. Complete fucking garbage.

Proof? I have two Boss Audio head units and they both work perfectly.

"Rawr XD"

You must not be into car audio. Just cause it works doesn't mean it's not garbage. You probably think Kicker makes good subs too.

You must not be into car audio. Just cause it works doesn't mean it's not garbage. You probably think Kicker makes good subs too.

Way to jump to conclusions about somebody. Good job. You deserve an award. 

Just because it works doesn't mean it's not garbage but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is, either. I do not use a Boss personally, I use a Pioneer head unit. But I hear plenty of people saying that buying a Boss or (insert cheap head unit brand here) head unit is going to fry their other components and that certainly isn't true. The worst that can happen is it doesn't deliver it's rated output, which I do highly doubt as the box says that it's 4x80W, which I 0% believe as my AVH-P4200DVD which cost 3 times more is only 4x50W (peak, only 4x14W RMS). 

I never said Kicker subs were mindblowingly great either. I don't mind them as mainstream units but personally I have a Crossfire XS.

"Rawr XD"

Take those out and put in a Pioneer DEH-80PRS

and the difference in sound quality is night and day. Like was said before, there's a reason boss is so cheap.

Way to jump to conclusions about somebody. Good job. You deserve an award.

Just because it works doesn't mean it's not garbage but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is, either. I do not use a Boss personally, I use a Pioneer head unit. But I hear plenty of people saying that buying a Boss or (insert cheap head unit brand here) head unit is going to fry their other components and that certainly isn't true. The worst that can happen is it doesn't deliver it's rated output, which I do highly doubt as the box says that it's 4x80W, which I 0% believe as my AVH-P4200DVD which cost 3 times more is only 4x50W (peak, only 4x14W RMS).

I never said Kicker subs were mindblowingly great either. I don't mind them as mainstream units but personally I have a Crossfire XS.

In your last quote you said you have 2 boss head units that work perfectly, so which is it, you or friends.

No head unit puts out rated power.

Crossfire is decent. Try Sundown, Digital Designs, SSA or Ascendant Audio

Take those out and put in a Pioneer DEH-80PRS

and the difference in sound quality is night and day. Like was said before, there's a reason boss is so cheap.

In your last quote you said you have 2 boss head units that work perfectly, so which is it, you or friends.

No head unit puts out rated power.

Dad and brother. One is hooked up to an external amp and the other (dad's) hooked up to stock JBL amp that came with the car.

I wouldn't be surprised if my AVH-P4200DVD did deliver it's rated 14W per channel though. That's not much to ask for tbh

"Rawr XD"

Dad and brother. One is hooked up to an external amp and the other (dad's) hooked up to stock JBL amp that came with the car.

I wouldn't be surprised if my AVH-P4200DVD did deliver it's rated 14W per channel though. That's not much to ask for tbh

True it's not much to ask for at all, they just put an little amp in there so people that don't care about car audio don't have to worry about an external amp. The Pioneer P99rs doesn't even have an internal amp at all. I would never get one (1000 bucks)

OK, maybe not a joke, more of something I found funny. The last time I heard the name Dr. Beat, my band teacher in 7th grade had a metronome that talked kinda like this, and it was named "Dr. Beat". I just assumed that they all did that.

Oh they all do, but they also do it normally. They are like 100-200$

True it's not much to ask for at all, they just put an little amp in there so people that don't care about car audio don't have to worry about an external amp. The Pioneer P99rs doesn't even have an internal amp at all. I would never get one (1000 bucks)

Well I'll invest in an external amp once I get aftermarket speakers in the doors. Currently just using stocks.

"Rawr XD"