Can You Paint PCI E Cards With Normal Paint

HectiKCookiE

So I wanna spray paint the PCB of my LAN Card with normal spray paint, will it work, if not why?

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

So I wanna spray paint the PCB of my LAN Card with normal spray paint, will it work, if not why?

It will work, as its not conductive, but you will want to mask off certain components(like the LAN connector) and the PCI-e finger. Also it will void your cards warranty.

It's like a 5 year old server card so I think the warranty was up a while ago, lol. But it's still a good card

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

There is a slight risk but yes it will work just mask off contacts and the LAN port, you could also alternatively use plasti-dip which will work well in this situation.

Id check if the paint is conductive. it must not be! otherwise yeah, mask of the contact pins and ports, and spray away :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

One guy on the forums here took the plastic lid from a tupperware piece, cut it to size for his 660 and painted it black.  He used it as a backplate.  It did not look so bad. 

Why not make a plate for the underside of the LAN card?