First Timer Need Help

I highly suggest you change the SSD to an MX100/SP900/840 Evo. That SSD is pretty much trash; they replaced the flash in it with horribly slow/unreliable garbage and I would never recommend a V300 to ANYBODY. 

The power supply is overkill, you'd be fine with 500 watts (still a  bit overkill actually) or 600 watts for SLI & overclocking in the future. The 290x for $230 is an INCREDIBLY good value right now, and I'd recommend that over the 970 unless you really need the Nvidia features like G-Sync. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr9290x4gbd5tdhe

It performs very similarly at 1080p and better at 1440p/4k, however, it consumes a lot more power and puts out more heat (not a big issue imo, but a consideration nonetheless). 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Hello, tomorrow i decided i'm going to buy the parts to build my first pc and i just wanted to make sure everything will work fine by running it by some people so if you could check out my Build and give me some tips or thoughts that would be great icon_e_biggrin.gif 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jaromey/saved/9jRCmG

Your stuff looks solid! Going for a blue theme huh?

The only nit-picky thing that I see here is that SSD you picked up. Kingston's SSDNow series has been notoriously for being slower than advertised due to the type of NAND that was used during construction. This was in the early Q1 for 2014 though. People have reported the newer revisions to be up to par. But as a personal decision, I've been telling people to stay away from the SSDNow V300 series.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

I highly suggest you change the SSD to an MX100/SP900/840 Evo. That SSD is pretty much trash; they replaced the flash in it with horribly slow/unreliable garbage and I would never recommend a V300 to ANYBODY. 

The power supply is overkill, you'd be fine with 500 watts (still a  bit overkill actually) or 600 watts for SLI & overclocking in the future. The 290x for $230 is an INCREDIBLY good value right now, and I'd recommend that over the 970 unless you really need the Nvidia features like G-Sync. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr9290x4gbd5tdhe

It performs very similarly at 1080p and better at 1440p/4k, however, it consumes a lot more power and puts out more heat (not a big issue imo, but a consideration nonetheless). 

and thanks for the advise :)

Hey! Nice SSD choice. I got the same one running my laptop. :D Happy building!

You could save some money and go down to a 4690k. It'll handle gaming, streaming, and 3D rendering fine. Albeit a tad slower. BUT if you really need the processing power, go ahead.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Ok I changed everything to the best per value items and I think the deal on the ssd might end today... cant remember no it ends on the 2nd of febuary

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($87.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Micro Center) 
Storage: PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290X 4GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($232.99 @ NCIX US) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  ($13.98 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1086.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-29 21:25 EST-0500

Also Idk why parts picker wouldn't let me put a secound 290x?????

Ok I changed everything to the best per value items and I think the deal on the ssd might end today... cant remember no it ends on the 2nd of febuary

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($87.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Micro Center) 
Storage: PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290X 4GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($232.99 @ NCIX US) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  ($13.98 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1086.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-29 21:25 EST-0500

Also Idk why parts picker wouldn't let me put a secound 290x?????

Motherboard only has one PCIe slot.

Edit: Fixed my bad spelling... >.>

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

Motherboard only has one PCIe slot.

Edit: Fixed my bad spelling... >.>

oh thanks I even looked at the mother board and didn't realize that. I guess pick a differnt motherboard for better upgrade ability