Budget low-end/low consumption Gaming PC

Hey guys!

First time posting here! Steam login is quite convenient :)

It's my first time on this kind of community so I hope I don't bother the most tech-savvy guys on here.

I live in Spain, and I have a friend a bit younger than me who haven't had a decent PC for AGES.

Right now he has an antique laptop (broken screen) I lent him wich he uses for music and movies, and an XBOX 360.

So he's planning on finally getting a PC this year, and will basically save 100€ a month for it.

I thought I'd help him out and this is the idea I have

OPTION A

w9ZGNft.png

500GB Caviar Green 2nd hand -I already agreed in selling this to him for 15€

Total Cost: 421€

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, GTX 750 is the best you can get for cheap, low power consumption graphics. (I also plan on getting this or maybe something slightly better to replace my aging HD 7750)

So this would be basically a 95W CPU, a 55W GPU, and a decent low consumption PSU.

Option B, and this might anger some people...

The other thing he could do is lowering the price even more by getting the normal FX-8320, using his old PC case, and getting a second 500W PSU from the internet cafe I work on for 10€, wich he could replace for free if it doesnt work (owner is super nice)

so the budget would be something more like this

X6pxH7u.png

500GB Caviar Green 2nd hand -15€

500W 2nd hand PSU -10€

Old Computer Case -0€

Total Cost: 395€

What do you think? 

-sage

edit: woopsie, uploaded a wrong picture for option A

Main - SPEEDTEST
CPU AMD FX-8350 | RAM Kingston HyperX 12GB @1866MHz | GPU Gigabyte HD 7850 | Mobo Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 | HDD 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 | PSU 550W | Case VENTO A8
Le Petite Frankenstein (First build, only original part is GPU)
CPU AMD Ahlon II X2 260 | RAM 2x2GB @1333MHz | GPU Sapphire HD 3650 | Mobo Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P | HDD 500GB | PSU 500W | 1998 Case
I support AMD because I support competition in the hardware market. We all know if the "other guys" had a complete monopoly, things wouldn't get any better for ANYONE..

I dont know any spanish shops , i will do a sketch in part picker and the you can try to find it there.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($105.75 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($74.89 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($144.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($34.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $432.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-29 19:52 EST-0500

Im a fellow spanish speaker so pash me along the website for the shop you use and i will look for the parts there ;)

Hey guys!

It's my first time on this kind of community so I hope I don't bother the most tech-savvy guys on here.

I live in Spain, and I have a friend a bit younger than me who haven't had a decent PC for AGES.

Right now he has an antique laptop (broken screen) I lent him wich he uses for music and movies, and an XBOX 360.

So he's planning on finally getting a PC this year, and will basically save 100€ a month for it.

OPTION A

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, GTX 750 is the best you can get for cheap, low power consumption graphics. (I also plan on getting this or maybe something slightly better to replace my aging HD 7750)

So this would be basically a 95W CPU, a 55W GPU, and a decent low consumption PSU.

The other thing he could do is lowering the price even more by getting the normal FX-8320, using his old PC case, and getting a second 500W PSU from the internet cafe I work on for 10€, wich he could replace for free if it doesnt work (owner is super nice)

500W 2nd hand PSU -10€

Old Computer Case -0€

What do you think? 

-sage

edit: woopsie, uploaded a wrong picture for op

I don't think you need a 8 core CPU for low end gaming and light usage. Maybe a intel Pentium 20th anniversary edition or an FM2+ cpu. You really only need a handful of cores today

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Hey guys!

OPTION A

500W 2nd hand PSU -10€

Old Computer Case -0€

What do you think? 

-sage

edit: woopsie, uploaded a wrong picture for op

I don't think you need a 8 core CPU for low end gaming and light usage. Maybe a intel Pentium 20th anniversary edition or an FM2+ cpu. You really only need a handful of cores today

Or an i3 like i suggested ;)

Im a fellow spanish speaker so pash me along the website for the shop you use and i will look for the parts there ;)

I got them all from here

its the cheapest online hardware store in spain i believe. also gonna convert currencies to see how your budget compares to mine :P

Well he wants to play somewhat recent titles too. :P

edit: also is it true that you get more performance putting AMD videocards with intel CPUs and viceversa? i read that time ago in tomshardware...

Main - SPEEDTEST
CPU AMD FX-8350 | RAM Kingston HyperX 12GB @1866MHz | GPU Gigabyte HD 7850 | Mobo Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 | HDD 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 | PSU 550W | Case VENTO A8
CPU AMD Ahlon II X2 260 | RAM 2x2GB @1333MHz | GPU Sapphire HD 3650 | Mobo Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P | HDD 500GB | PSU 500W | 1998 Case
I support AMD because I support competition in the hardware market. We all know if the "other guys" had a complete monopoly, things wouldn't get any better for ANYONE..

I got them all from here

its the cheapest online hardware store in spain i believe. also gonna convert currencies to see how your budget compares to mine :P

The i3 is perfect for that.

Use my build.

Source : I have one.

I got them all from here

edit: also is it true that you get more performance putting AMD videocards with intel CPUs and viceversa? i read that time ago in tomshardware...

To your edit, it doesn't. If the cpu is better, then it will offer marginally better performance. Plus intel doesn't have GPUs.

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

To your edit, it doesn't. If the cpu is better, then it will offer marginally better performance. Plus intel doesn't have GPUs.

Woops sorry, I meant to say nVidia GPUs with AMD CPUs, and AMD GPUs with intel CPUs.

I always seem to think intel and nVidia are very closely related for some reason

The i3 is perfect for that.

I'll think about this.. It only has 2 cores and a lot of games are already asking for 4 or 8. Also the 8320 is almost twice as fast according to benchmarks, with the eco version having almost no differences with lower consumption.
Main - SPEEDTEST

Get an i3 or an i5. You won't regret it.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Or an i3 like i suggested ;)

You commented right after I sent my post. Good thing we think alike. Still know my tech!

Woops sorry, I meant to say nVidia GPUs with AMD CPUs, and AMD GPUs with intel CPUs.

I always seem to think intel and nVidia are very closely related for some reason

I'll think about this.. It only has 2 cores and a lot of games are already asking for 4 or 8. Also the 8320 is almost twice as fast according to benchmarks, with the eco version having almost no differences with lower consumption.

I love my 8320. It does everything I want it to do. Granted I don't play newer titles because they seem to all have problems. If your friend plays games that like lots of cores then maybe it would be good. But and i3 has 2 cores 4 threads and even better would be a i5 but it is more money

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533