Did they ever fix the SSDNow V300?

I finally have money for an SSD, and this seems to be the best for the price, I was just wondering if they worked out their weird NAND issues?

Supposedly they did, if you can make sure they're a newer drive and not one that's been in stock for a while.

Supposedly they did, if you can make sure they're a newer drive and not one that's been in stock for a while.

I'm ordering off newegg, and I don't know how to check. link

I'm ordering off newegg, and I don't know how to check. link

Get an MX100 for a very similar price. Don't take the risk on buying a garbage SSD and a mediocre SSD when you can get a guaranteed fantastic SSD for a few bucks more.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Get an MX100 for a very similar price. Don't take the risk on buying a garbage SSD and a mediocre SSD when you can get a guaranteed fantastic SSD for a few bucks more.

SP900 is cheaper then MX100 and also quite a bit better.

"Rawr XD"

I think I'll get a SP900

SP900 appears to have better performance for the same price based on amazon

Literally every SSD that size is couple of $ more... Can't you just add that much O.o

I really don't want to spend a whole lot more, just a few dollars maybe.

SP900 is cheaper then MX100 and also quite a bit better.

Yeah I think I'll get the SP900, its cheaper by $2 (doesn't really matter) but it says it has better optical write performance

Yeah I think I'll get the SP900, its cheaper by $2 (doesn't really matter) but it says it has better optical write performance

SP900 is an excellent choice. I have one as well and I couldn't be happier with it.

"Rawr XD"

Kingston said that the nand that they were previously using is no longer available from their suppliers because the wafer was used up. They bought the asynchronous nand because it was available and cheap for their lowest end ssd. They reserved the higher quality nand for their more premium hyperx drives which cost a bit more but will always come with synchronous nand. They didn't feel the need to rebrand the v300 because it was already their lowest end model and figured if you wanted better, you would look at their higher end options.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

thats actually not true at all. V300 they are selling now are still the same crap.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian