Sennheiser HD650 = HOLY BALLS!

Valhallatier

Too bad no one's listening.

Isn't it ironic that nobody listens in the audio 5ham. 

If you listen to jpop/jrock theres no way those genres would sound natural with the hd650's. They're too dark for jpop, the t1's would be the most natural sounding but the th900s should've blown all the headphones you listed out of the water for jpop/jrock. I've owned all of the headphones you've listed except for the hd800's and this is my personal experience while testing them. The hd650's are not a bad headphone but their sound sig is too dark for most people, and there are many better options for jpop at that price point.

If you listen to jpop/jrock theres no way those genres would sound natural with the hd650's. They're too dark for jpop, the t1's would be the most natural sounding but the th900s should've blown all the headphones you listed out of the water for jpop/jrock. I've owned all of the headphones you've listed except for the hd800's and this is my personal experience while testing them. The hd650's are not a bad headphone but their sound sig is too dark for most people, and there are many better options for jpop at that price point.

I will defend to the death that the AD1000x is the ultimate J-pop headphone for $300 :P

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

One day i will own a pair of lcd-2's.

If you wanna aim, aim higher, like LCD-3, which is quite better than LCD-2 :)

stepping up from a cheap 19 sony pair of headphones, the $200 M50x's are awesome

but $1000 on headphones??? No thank you

Well, talking about 'best headphone' with the addendum of 'in this price range', or 'what my budget allows', or 'what I can afford', or something like that gives a different meaning to the 'best headphone'

For example, one could say, 'the Sades headset is the best headphone, because $20 is as far as I would/could go'.

Even in $200 range, M50x got some serious contenders. MDR-1R or 1A sprung to mind immediately. HE400 is another one, for open backs. 

I will defend to the death that the AD1000x is the ultimate J-pop headphone for $300 :P

No arguments here, lol. 

No arguments here, lol. 

Hello fellow based member.

CPU i5-4690k Motherboard asrock h97-ac RAM 2x4 Crucial Sport GPU Msi 4g gtx 970 Case Silverstone sg13b-q Storage western digital scorpio black 500gb PSU csm 450w Display(s) acerh27hl bmid Cooling intel stock cooler Yeah I know right Keyboard I'd rather not say Mouse logitech g602 Sound beyerdynamic dt990pro Operating System windows 8.1

I actually prefer my modded fostex for jpop. Although i had the TH600 for a while and they were amazing but not worth the $600 I paid for them. You can get them pretty cheap now a days though. 

Does jpop actually sound good through any headphone?!?!?   :P

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

I found the HD 650s too warm/dark for my taste. It has that classic Sennheiser veil. I definitely preferred the HD 600s. The HD 600s sound a lot more natural than the 650s. I find both of them uncomfortable.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

soundstage being large doesn't do shit to naturalness...  HD800 being so large doesnt mean its natural.

I disagree, having a small sound stage makes everything feel to close to you for it to be natural although a too large sound stage will make everything feel to distant to be natural. It's all about getting the balance right. :) I love my 650's but the sound stage is far to small to sound natural for a lot of music, it still sounds great but just not exactly natural.

lol u guys talking bout jpop, most asian music are so badly mastered, no audio combination can make them natural. unless you use some sort of processing.
The Beyerdynamic T1 has accentuated treble and nasty sibilance, HD 800 has nasty peak at the 6khz, means its dry and tizzy as f*k. All audio technica doesn't have that stereo imaging.
Is the HD650 dark? i would say no, they are perfect. if you think its dark then your ears are broken with all the treble grain in headphones. And dont judge with badly mastered/recorded music. especially in digital format where its all compressed stuff and has that digital tinged. The reference here is how its like listening to Vinyl or some analog recording, and the HD650 is the one where its 'kinda' does that.

And no... i dont support hedfi...

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

I disagree, having a small sound stage makes everything feel to close to you for it to be natural although a too large sound stage will make everything feel to distant to be natural. It's all about getting the balance right. :) I love my 650's but the sound stage is far to small to sound natural for a lot of music, it still sounds great but just not exactly natural.

Well, too be fair, when talking about wideness, it's kinda depend on other factors as well, not only on the headphone itself (although the headphone is the main factor). The song and how it was mastered also play quite a big role in wideness. Try search in youtube, 'lindsey stirling transcendence', and 'lindsey stirling transcendence orchestral version'. The orchestral version is recorded and mastered with big wideness sense in it, while the original version isn't. Amps also play a little part in sense of wideness, although not much. 

if you think its dark then your ears are broken with all the treble grain in headphones. 

OMG, @ShearMe, told you too much treble grain will destroy your ears. It's too late for your ears now, dude....

650_zpsee0f6c68.jpg

Going downhill, anyone...??

Well, too be fair, when talking about wideness, it's kinda depend on other factors as well, not only on the headphone itself (although the headphone is the main factor). The song and how it was mastered also play quite a big role in wideness. Try search in youtube, 'lindsey stirling transcendence', and 'lindsey stirling transcendence orchestral version'. The orchestral version is recorded and mastered with big wideness sense in it, while the original version isn't. Amps also play a little part in sense of wideness, although not much. 

OMG, @ShearMe, told you too much treble grain will destroy your ears. It's too late for your ears now, dude....

650_zpsee0f6c68.jpg

Going downhill, anyone...??

Look at that mid bass hump, ugh

This is natural, not HD650

RBkGuJwl.jpg

OMG, @ShearMe, told you too much treble grain will destroy your ears. It's too late for your ears now, dude...

...what? I literally don't understand what you are saying.

...what? I literally don't understand what you are saying.

Ummmm, you said HD650 is dark, while:

if you think its dark then your ears are broken with all the treble grain in headphones.

That means your ears are broken. Must be all those treble grains....

Just got them today! They are so good!!! I upgraded from hd 558

post-67923-0-86997800-1422648040_thumb.j

post-67923-0-94477800-1422648077_thumb.j

post-67923-0-86997800-1422648040_thumb.j

post-67923-0-94477800-1422648077_thumb.j

I5-4690K 4.7GHZ/Corsair H105/16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz/Asus VII HERO Z97/Evga 980 Ti Hybrid(soon)/Evga G2 750W/NZXT H440/Samsung 840 250Gb/WD Blue 1Tb/Logitech G502/Corsair K70 Blue switch/Logitech z4/Dell u2414h/Sennheiser HD650 With O2 Amp and ODAC/Mic-ISK-CRU1

Look at that mid bass hump, ugh

This is natural, not HD650

RBkGuJwl.jpg

uuhh yeah, except that its closed back. Never tried any denons though, and what the heck they're discontinued anyway...

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

lol u guys talking bout jpop, most asian music are so badly mastered, no audio combination can make them natural. unless you use some sort of processing.

The Beyerdynamic T1 has accentuated treble and nasty sibilance, HD 800 has nasty peak at the 6khz, means its dry and tizzy as f*k. All audio technica doesn't have that stereo imaging.

Is the HD650 dark? i would say no, they are perfect. if you think its dark then your ears are broken with all the treble grain in headphones. And dont judge with badly mastered/recorded music. especially in digital format where its all compressed stuff and has that digital tinged. The reference here is how its like listening to Vinyl or some analog recording, and the HD650 is the one where its 'kinda' does that.

And no... i dont support hedfi...

I've been struggling to understand why people thought the 650 was dark since i got them, glad i'm not the only one.

Just because you think they sound like this, doesn't mean everyone does.

If someone thinks they're dark, they're dark to them. If they think they're "natural" then they're natural to them.

Seeing as they have a very large treble roll-off, you could say they're dark.

Audio is EXTREMELY subjective, just because you love HD650 the most doesn't mean everyone will.  People that don't like a large treble roll-off may not think it sounds very good and lean more towards other things for instance.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089