Which is better Blue Yeti Or audio technica At2020 for commentary

Lyzra

Any suggestions......?

They seem to be equally good.

If you are not going for a stand/arm or pop filter: I would go for the Yeti.

It's personal preference, but I like the Yeti more

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Forewarning, If you have Windows 8/8.1 or 10, don't get a USB microphone that uses default Windows USBAUDIO drivers.  Windows 7 you are fine or if it comes with drivers even better.

The reason for this is Microsoft messed up the USBAUDIO drivers for Windows 8 onwards causing mic levels for USB microphones to drastically drop. People have to boost their mic gain to the point where they introduce a ton of noise into the signal

I have an AT2020 XLR, which I run through a Roland Audio Interface.  Seeing as you are doing commentary you would want to use a pop filter, I myself don't have one because I'm not speaking directly into it.  I do have a shockmount for it which has helped a lot with vibration noise, I've used Ableton to reduce background noise (I'm using the mic in a less than ideal environment)

If I were to get a boom stand and pop filter I could turn my gain down to reduce noise even further.  It is a very sensitive mic but ithe sound is great

The AT2020 looks much nicer than the Yeti imo and that is what really matters :)

I heard samson c03u is a good microphone?

I heard samson c03u is a good microphone?

Not good compared to the two

Ive listened to many microphone reviews haha trust me

Personally ill recommend at 2020 usb as the blue yeti is a gigantic mic and it might block your screen causing you to put it aside and thus affecting the quality abit

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)