best closed headphones under $200?

I currently use the sennheiser hd 558 but I want good audio quality I can take in the bus and in school, so open headphones won't work. I listen to rock/metal bands, have this amp www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005HJWWW8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1422525854&sr=8-1 so I don't care if it has a high impedance, I don't care if it looks bad but good design does help, and a detachable cable will be the best feature it can offer.

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

I own Audio Technica ATH M40x and I do listen to metal stuff and I love it.

But I dislike the quality of the leather on earpads though, getting rugged easily if you didn't take care of it by cleaning the pads using a leather moisturizer or cleaner or something every week.

I love the M40X(just got them), the sound on metal music is great, they have a very flat sound with a punchy bass. However, the oem earpads sucks and unless you buy better earpads is not gonna be pleasant. My take on this subject? If you have 200 for headphones then I'm pretty sure you can buy better ones, not the ATH line-up, not that they're bad, at all. But there must be better ones at that price range like for example the ones @ShearMe mentioned.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

NVX XPT100 are hella comfy. But why not a pair of In-Ears? They are more portable and rarely require an amp.

Signature unda construction... in the meantime. Tell me more about yourself. I'm sure you've got an interesting story.