Audio problem with drivers

Agent181

So i just finished installing all the realtek drivers and then I plugged in my bose companion 5 which are usb speakers and they first worked gret but then stopped working unexpectedly and were not recognized.  Anyone Know how to fix this issue on windows 8.1 Pro?

Do you have multiple audio deivers installed? i.e Nvidia HD Audio?  They could be conflicting with one another. 

in device manager remove the Bose if they are show there

look at the volume control panel and see if the output is set to the correct device

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

in device manager remove the Bose if they are show there

look at the volume control panel and see if the output is set to the correct device

the speakers are just plug and play so they come without any drivers 

Do you have multiple audio deivers installed? i.e Nvidia HD Audio?  They could be conflicting with one another. 

There is the motherboard audio drivers, realtek audio, and the amd catalyst(not sure if that counts)

I figured it out, it was a compatabiliy problem with usb 3.0 to usb 2.0, i found an old usb cable extension and connected it that way so it works now.