No mention of battery life? That's a weird omission.

It runs on a car battery. :D JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I'm sorry nick, I'll stop it now but just for you :D

Did you see what Linus did? LOL

I'm sorry nick, I'll stop it now but just for you :D

Thank you sir. :)

omg this thing is 3000 aud for the lowest model....

Wow, that's 2100€. The Aurous x7 V2 (860M SLI, 16GB and two SSDs) is only 1950€. Seems odd.

Thanks for the love guys. It's Jaan from Venom here, just wanted to point out in Australia the sales price must include 10% sales tax (GST) when advertised so the Venom global site will be with no taxes and in USD so $3000 AUD Inc GST will be $2199 USD for customers outside of Australia. No tax on our end and the USD is doing strong. So it's probably best to go by the venomcomputers.com.au shop for non Australian customers. Will be available on global shop Monday next week.

Please stop doing this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is annoyed by this.

Awww I blame the first page fever. I will try and do as you say and not as @LinusTech does.

Thanks for the love guys. It's Jaan from Venom here, just wanted to point out in Australia the sales price must include 10% sales tax (GST) when advertised so the Venom global site will be with no taxes and in USD so $3000 AUD Inc GST will be $2199 USD for customers outside of Australia. No tax on our end and the USD is doing strong. So it's probably best to go by the venomcomputers.com.au shop for non Australian customers. Will be available on global shop Monday next week.

What is the battery life like on these laptops? Also big props for actually reading and responding to the community. 2199 isn't as bad but with the canadian dollar where it is it's still not for me.

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

@nicklmg Amazon and NCIX link are broken.

u5HqKqG.png

MlNtVGH.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

@nicklmg Amazon and NCIX link are broken.

Amazon broken? say what? you were looking for a laptop, silly you

Amazon broken? say what? you were looking for a laptop, silly you

What are you talking about? Have you clicked the link?

The results is literally a plastic spider toy or whatever.. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Gosh darn gst, making all computer hardware more expensive... *grumblegrumble*

Any chance we could get a discount coupon :P

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

3K is to much if you ask me, I personally prefer the GS70 stealth with its 1080p screen.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

It's kind of annoying though, with how the current exchange rate is, that, if you exclude exchange rates and just focus on the price difference alone, that the US pays $800 less than us Aussies. I know you have to factor in various things, but it still is annoying and doesn't seem quite fair.

Gosh darn gst, making all computer hardware more expensive... *grumblegrumble*

Any chance we could get a discount coupon :P

Yes, here's a $2.00 discount coupon *gives coupon*. Does that help? :P

Haha yeah here in Au the GST gets us good I think when I complete my computer I will get one p.s I really like that there is a good Aussie company

Stop calling good quality "MacBook" quality or "Apple" quality.
The manufacturing is not done by Apple themselves.
There are plenty other products on the same or higher quality level.
Apple products are more about look than quality/good product. (sacrificing more important stuff of phones for just a thinner look. lens on new iPhone).
Their tests of their phones didn't really represent use in practice.
I wouldn't call proprietary standards and closed off options "good quality".

Okay, Linus, I know that you love your studio lights but you don't have to use all of them at once.

This is the video of Venom Blackbook 15:

http://i.imgur.com/gQwIege.jpg

And for comparison with the mineral oil part 4 video:

http://i.imgur.com/cdLoKwG.jpg

I don't know about others but for myself this is little too much "hard light" reflecting off of the doors of the cabinet, blinds and your beatiful temples.

Also I didn't bother putting two large images in this post so, links it is.

This reminded me, how come you don't have any Eurocom reviews on the channel? It's a Canadian company, surely you know each other! :P

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

For a laptop that strong and from an Aussie company, I'm kinda surprised they managed to get it as-low as $3000 AUD (inc GST) and found a source of sub-17" screens that aren't crapped to 1366*768.

The 60WH (Watt-hour) battery gets ~3hr 20min presumably under full stress, but that'd be enough to keep it up whilst the power's out if you used it as a desktop-replacement gaming system, long enough to safely save and shut things down long before the battery runs flat.

I really wish I could afford this beauty, or even better the Workstation version that is probably coming soon with a Maxwell Quadro GPU. It will be a beast for both gaming and CAD/CAM, which we are going to be doing more and more in university (engineering student here)

@LinusTech

you type funny.

cool notebook for a brand i have never heard of, but i would have gone with razer if i had never heard linus review it because they are such a small brand

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Either there is an error in the video or venoms website as its stated in the video that laptop comes with a 970m gfx chip but on there website it states

NVIDA GeForce GTX Graphics

The next level of high mobile graphical computing is achieved with the Nvidia GTX 870M and even more potent GTX 880M graphics chipset which provides true PC gaming and Crisp HD Resolutions. Combined with the Venom Vision FHD Display and SoundBlaster SBX Pro – The Venom BlackBook 17 is a true mobile PC powerhouse with enormous real PC gaming, graphical rendering, multimedia and design capabilities. Choose from either the Nvidia GTX 870M or 880M .

hopefully its a mistake on their website :)