What should I review next?

I would think it would be awesome to see more gear reviews like backpacks and headphones maybe even portable chargers. i have been trying to decide on a new backpack and it is hard to decide on which bag to get due to lack of information. and your honesty about products is awesome and would help me to feel better about spending 100 or more dollars on a product with just the sales pitch on the add. Also some cool how to home networking videos would be great maybe what dif. bios settings do differently and some sever reviews using Linux server and windows server. just a thought . Also i am new to the sight and absolutely love it. the WAN show is great also! 

Maybe some software reviews? Like reccomendations,reviews,in depth looks at something like say: Spotify,Soundcloud,Steam,GOG,G2A, different browsers or something like that, just some fun clients,websites,services. Would be cool

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

@LinusTech Do a review of PC gaming pads like the nostromo N52e and the like and bench whether there is a advantage to gaming with a pad over a keyboard.

NZXT Manta. :D

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

what about some high end mouse-pads? lol

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

3 hours ago, Kieferp5 said:

http://www.ictable.com/

i know you use the up desks, but his seems much more computer centric.

yea maybe they can does some video's on workstations comparing the ictable, the uptable, Obutto Revolution Gaming Cockpit ,Emperor Gaming Computer Workstation and Volair Sim

This might sound a little dull but what about fan controllers?  There's plenty on the market, some good, some crummy, and its one of the few things I've bought without a LTT video to advise me.

You could even tie it in with a "what to do with my 5 1/4' bay question/options.  

i5-4690k @3.5GHz 16Gb DDR3  

2X Sapphire R9 290x 

ASUS Z97-A  Windows 10 Home 64-bit

On 29/1/2015 at 4:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

SMP as fast as possible ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

On 1/29/2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Install Chrome OS on a laptop.

17 hours ago, 5Beans6 said:

How to pick the right UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) for your computer.

+1

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Review a YouTuber tech necessities. go over 3 tiers beginner, middle and expert or however you would say that haha. For people who are looking to start a YouTube channel or for people who already have one but are ready to take it to the next step. I feel like someone in the LMG would have experience in this. Just to clarify im talking about Camera, microphone, video editing software, the computer you use, etc. the Tech that's needed.

You should review Lukes hair cut.  Its so dreamy.

Tech related: Samsung gear vr. I had it for 2 weeks and returned it. , but you doing a review should help keep people from wasting $100 USA on this thing.

I would like to see Linus attempt at making RAID utilizing multiple flash drives to make one super flash drive with redundancy. 

11 minutes ago, Andster29 said:

I would like to see Linus attempt at making RAID utilizing multiple flash drives to make one super flash drive with redundancy. 

Why exactly? 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

25 minutes ago, Andster29 said:

Actually there is already a video (not Linus) on youtube of a guy combining like 8 USB flash drives in RAID... I think it was RAID 0, not 1, but can't quite remember.

Here it is:

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Actually there is already a video (not Linus) on youtube of a guy combining like 8 USB flash drives in RAID... I think it was RAID 0, not 1, but can't quite remember.

Here it is:

Yes, but he did it in OSX.  I would like to see Linus do it in Windows and see if you can saturate the USB 3 bus or see if it is a viable option over getting a SATA based SSD. 

Should do a comparison between prebuilt workstations like the Lenovo ThinkStation P500 or Dell Precision Tower 5810 series against ones you have at the office, just like what you did with the gaming PC from Best Buy. Should be an interesting battle.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Please make a 390 vs 970 benchmark video before the forum's server runs out of HDD space with the volume of  'should I get a 390 or 970' threads :D

Almost as cool as my temps  

21 minutes ago, Benergy said:

Please make a 390 vs 970 benchmark video before the forum's server runs out of HDD space with the volume of  'should I get a 390 or 970' threads :D

I second this :)

Main Rig

**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4790K @ Stock]**CPU Cooler** | [Corsair H100i] **Motherboard** | [ASRock Z97 EXTREME6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard]

**Memory** | [G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory] **Storage** | [Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive]

**Storage** | [Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM] **Video Card** | [Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE]

**Case** | [Phanteks Enthoo Pro] **Power Supply** | [EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+]

Main Rig PC Partpicker  

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/DnKZxr |

2 hours ago, Andster29 said:

Yes, but he did it in OSX.  I would like to see Linus do it in Windows and see if you can saturate the USB 3 bus or see if it is a viable option over getting a SATA based SSD. 

I agree it would be interesting to see it redone using USB 3, but I can tell you now that it will still be slower than an SSD because the SATA 3 interface (6 Gbit) is faster than USB 3 (5 Gbit), just based on those numbers.  Now, I'm not sure how USB 3 works exactly but I remember that USB 2 would max out at around 30 MB/s, even though the raw numbers (480 Mbit) suggested that it should be able to do twice that.  This was due to how it worked, and if the same holds true for USB 3, the difference will be even more significant.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.