Help me decide what headset to get!

Fayzd

Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted. This time I'm gonna need your help getting a new headset as my Gamecon 380 or something like that has broken and the audio's a bit random and my mic has snapped. 

So, my budget's a bit random. The max is 80$, but the cheaper the better.

I'm looking for a great mic. And no, I figured a standalone mic and a pair of headphones would cost too much, plus I don't have the space.

I'm no audiophile, but it at least has to have decent sounds.

I don't mind Surround Sound, I don't need it but it would be handy. 

I can order from online, and my currency is AUD.

It must be comfortable since I game for hours on end.

There's no need for noise cancelling mic, but it would be really really handy.

Here's a couple I've researched and looked about. 

HyperX Cloud: (Unlikely, it's really expensive over here unless I can find a good deal on Amazon)

GameCon 780: (I'm leaning towards this because it's the big brother to my older headset, and reviews show the mic is great. It looks comfortable too.)

SteelSeries Siberia v2: (This looks great, and reviews say the mic is good and so is the audio for the price.)

Logitech G230: (The safe backup cheap option. The Surround Sound looks great((Is that on the 430?)) and it looks really comfy. Not sure about the mic. It would be nice to have the noise cancelling mic.)

Creative Fatal1ty: (Another cheap option, I'm not sure about this one.) 

Thanks a lot! Hopefully I have some decent replies.

How about a decent headset and a zalman clip on mic?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

A decent headset with a detachable cable and buy a vmoda boom pro mic.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I hav Logitech G230 and been nothing but happy, mic is REALY clear but not noise cancelling unfortunately. Great headset, trek syndicate did a review if u want to check it out.

Hyper X clouds are a great headset though. If my G230's shit themselves (which is unlikely, great build quality) I will get me a set of clouds

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | Mobo: ASRock Fatality H97 Performance | Ram: HyperX Fury 8gb 1866 | SSD: Intel 520 series 240 GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Aerocool DS 200 red/black | Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X | PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 620w | Monitor: AOC i2367fh & old HP | OS: Windowws 7

My strong recommendation, especially as it fits perfectly into your price range, would be to go with the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset. They are, with the exception of the Logitech G710+, the best peripheral I have ever purchased. You said you worry about their pricing, but here they are available for $70 on Amazon. I would caution against the G230. I am not personally a fan, as I don't think they sound good at all. The G430 is the Surround Sound model, which I like a lot better, but I would still take the Cloud given the choice.

The HyperX Cloud is such a good headset, I really suggest you save up and get it.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

A decent headset with a detachable cable and buy a vmoda boom pro mic.

A detachable cable? I'll go check the mic out. I've never heard of a detachable cable.

How about a decent headset and a zalman clip on mic?

Hmm, sounds okay, but when I checked out the Zalman clip on mic, the reviews said it was a less than decent mic and all this stuff. I think a headset mic would be better than a Zalman.

A detachable cable? I'll go check the mic out. I've never heard of a detachable cable.

Hmm, sounds okay, but when I checked out the Zalman clip on mic, the reviews said it was a less than decent mic and all this stuff. I think a headset mic would be better than a Zalman.

I have the zalman and I'll my friends said that it was great

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I hav Logitech G230 and been nothing but happy, mic is REALY clear but not noise cancelling unfortunately. Great headset, trek syndicate did a review if u want to check it out.

Hyper X clouds are a great headset though. If my G230's shit themselves (which is unlikely, great build quality) I will get me a set of clouds

Is it uncomfortable? I saw on HardwareCanucks's review that he mentioned that the cups are really rough.

My strong recommendation, especially as it fits perfectly into your price range, would be to go with the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset. They are, with the exception of the Logitech G710+, the best peripheral I have ever purchased. You said you worry about their pricing, but here they are available for $70 on Amazon. I would caution against the G230. I am not personally a fan, as I don't think they sound good at all. The G430 is the Surround Sound model, which I like a lot better, but I would still take the Cloud given the choice.

Oh wow, how did I not see this? And yes, to everyone suggesting the Cloud, I definitely wanted one. I'll try my best to get one, but if I can't, what's the best next option? In Australia, the Clouds are at least 110. T_T

The HyperX Cloud is such a good headset, I really suggest you save up and get it.

Ooh, can you provide me with pros and cons please? If you have the time of course. 

Ooh, can you provide me with pros and cons please? If you have the time of course. 

I sure can! Here's a list that I can make:

Pros:

• Sound Quality. Far better than other headsets for the same price.
  • Comfortable
  • Metal construction
  • Durable
  • Detachable Mic

Cons:

• Price
  • Leather cups can leave your ears rather warm
  • The microphone isn't the best thing in the world
  • There are not many color options, the available ones may not go with your build theme.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2852554/hyperx-cloud-review-kingston-comes-out-of-nowhere-with-a-fantastic-budget-headset.html

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I sure can! Here's a list that I can make:

Pros:

• Sound Quality. Far better than other headsets for the same price.
  • Comfortable
  • Metal construction
  • Durable
  • Detachable Mic

Cons:

• Price
  • Leather cups can leave your ears rather warm
  • The microphone isn't the best thing in the world
  • There are not many color options, the available ones may not go with your build theme.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2852554/hyperx-cloud-review-kingston-comes-out-of-nowhere-with-a-fantastic-budget-headset.html

To me, those cons aren't even cons. Problem solved. Time to order it! Thanks:) 

Is the mic good? Anyone? 

Is the mic good? Anyone? 

In my experience, the mic quality is adequate. You won't be getting studio quality anytime soon, but I think it sounds alright. If you want to hear it yourself, I believe Tek Syndicate's review on it contains a sample of the mic.

Every topic I post in dies.

Is it uncomfortable? I saw on HardwareCanucks's review that he mentioned that the cups are really rough.

I can't say I have had much experience with other headsets, but I don't think so.

It is personal preference, ho high do you hold your standards for a $50 headset

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | Mobo: ASRock Fatality H97 Performance | Ram: HyperX Fury 8gb 1866 | SSD: Intel 520 series 240 GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Aerocool DS 200 red/black | Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X | PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 620w | Monitor: AOC i2367fh & old HP | OS: Windowws 7

Is the mic good? Anyone? 

Plus, the Cloud comes with a 2 year warranty. Also, you don't have to use the leather earcups, they have mesh/fabric earcups included as you can choose between which ones you like since they come with both leather the fabric like earcups.

In my experience, the mic quality is adequate. You won't be getting studio quality anytime soon, but I think it sounds alright. If you want to hear it yourself, I believe Tek Syndicate's review on it contains a sample of the mic.

Yea, the mic is pretty decent and is definitely pretty good for an all in 1 headset as the mic is also detachable. Check Tek Syndicate and Linus's review on them as they both have mic tests. So yea, its not studio quality but it is definitely capable for Youtube videos and streaming on Twitch.

Well it just went up 10$ on amazon. I'll still be looking around to buy it. Any other input before I put down the final hammer? 

There is the HyperX Cloud II coming out in February 9 or sometime early February. It has an improved mic and (optional) in line DSP.