Dying light what settings on 970 and i5-4690k for 60fps?

bydus

I've seen on youtube it usually is over 60 but has some weird spikes and goes down to 30-40s. Anyone knows what causing that? Should I wait for the patches to come out before playing?

Turn view distance down (not sure if this is the exact setting), it gave TB like 2x the fps and the image quality difference is minuscule. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I have been reading a lot of reviews on this game and many have said the same thing.  Great game, but feels like it's in Beta.  Needs more PC optimization because like you, others have reported frame drops even in high end rigs. 

I have a potato!

Nothing has a guaranteed 60fps. NOTHING.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

The game is terribly optimized on the CPU side. Period. You're better off waiting for a patch (if they ever bother to fix it at all).

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Who's TB?

Total Biscuit

RIP in pepperonis m8s

It's poorly optimized so don't even bother fiddling with the settings except for the view distance.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

It's poorly optimized so don't even bother fiddling with the settings except for the view distance.

No. thats dumb

Op fiddle around with the settings. Take a look around when you have a framedrop and try to find the culprit.Foliage on max destroys framerates in areas with trees for example

Its badly optimized but you can get a pretty solid framerate. But yeh struggling for 60fps on my 1.2 ghz 780ti is a bit of a joke

Decrease the view distance to minimum. Its the only setting affecting the frame rates significantly without any major changes to the game.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Not exactly sure how 970 will do but my 4790k/GTX 980 with stock setting on both gets about average 80+ FPS (Usually ranges from 60 to 120 outside) with everything high except for AO & HBAO off. Distance is set at default (half way on the bar).

It did dip into the 40s on certain areas but other than that, the game is pretty smooth running on 144 hz monitor. It might be smoother if I played single player but I've been playing with 3 other friends so that might impact the FPS a bit further down.

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

thanks for your input. My summary is that I can't wait for GPU twice as fast as 970 on single chip so I can run current shitty ports at 1080p 60fps without drops. Ughhh its so frustrating, getting a great gaming rig and not being able to run current games at stable fps. 

No. thats dumb

Op fiddle around with the settings. Take a look around when you have a framedrop and try to find the culprit.Foliage on max destroys framerates in areas with trees for example

Its badly optimized but you can get a pretty solid framerate. But yeh struggling for 60fps on my 1.2 ghz 780ti is a bit of a joke

Good luck fiddling with the settings to get a stable fps. I turned everything down and still not getting stable 60 fps. 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Good luck fiddling with the settings to get a stable fps. I turned everything down and still not getting stable 60 fps. 

Ive done it. Minor frame drops into the 40s every few mins but generally its not too bad. 

Mine's running at 60fps at 1440p, shadows=low and view distance medium-low, everything else high and on. Also the field of view is not that high.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Nothing has a guaranteed 60fps. NOTHING.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

The game is terribly optimized on the CPU side. Period. You're better off waiting for a patch (if they ever bother to fix it at all).

I already mentioned this .

The game doesnt use the TWO CORES on my i3.

The physical ones , avoid like the black plague.

I already mentioned this .

The game doesnt use the TWO CORES on my i3.

The physical ones , avoid like the black plague.

Yeah, I'm just whoring the image around because I see a lot of people trying to deflect the fact that nothing short of a 5960 or greater being able to maintain a relatively stable 60fps is absolutely bullshit.

"Well the game runs fine for me"... then you realize they're playing at 30-40fps. Yeah sure, I can technically play the game at 20fps, but that doesn't mean it's an enjoyable experience.

I haven't found a single apologist yet who has thought of a way of refuting that image. :P

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Am I the only person just enjoying the game?

Any problems are very intermittent and haven't been game breaking at all.

However, i have noticed that at a certain distance, crowds of zombies will just stand there and not do anything (not even idle animate, literally stand like statues) until I get close enough to them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

However, i have noticed that at a certain distance, crowds of zombies will just stand there and not do anything (not even idle animate, literally stand like statues) until I get close enough to them.

I'd probably be able to enjoy it if I had a relatively stable 40+ fps, too...

Nope, I'm having such a blast with the game lol

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Imo it needs more optimization. 4790k & 970 doesnt give stable 60fps on max with view distance at 0.

Erkk, whuuut?

The game is very fun.

Just turn your view distance at 20-30%, and the game will run fine.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I've seen on youtube it usually is over 60 but has some weird spikes and goes down to 30-40s. Anyone knows what causing that? Should I wait for the patches to come out before playing?

You may also want to overclock your CPU to at least 4,5GHz. :) CPU is THE bottleneck for this game.

owls are awesome

Ultra, maybe lower shadows and view distance,or something not very important

wait for some patches,update drivers...

maybe try using a different AA setting (FXAA,MFAA...)

my OCed i5 4690K would beat that i7 5960X above probobly ,currently ^^

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)