Corsair H110 vs NZXT Kraken x61

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

the only real differences between the two AIO are the fans. the pump/radiator

are same (NZXT has LED). so within margin of error the two are pretty close.

if you feel you need the softy support the NZXT is there, but for mobo control

either is a best as they are so close to identical. they were made by Asetek to

the client's "specs".

Hi guys, I am building a new rig soon and I wanted to know if which one of the two AIOs in the title I should go with. I don't care about the price difference, I just simply want the best cooler. I am definitely leaning toward the x61 right now but the main reason I'm not pulling the order trigger on it just yet is because I heard that the CAM software NZXT uses reportedly has a major negative performance impact. Is this something I should worry about in my pretty powerful rig? Or is it something that it's worth going with the H110 and it's software for?

Kraken x61 in terms of pure performance is better than the H110 :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Hi guys, I am building a new rig soon and I wanted to know if which one of the two AIOs in the title I should go with. I don't care about the price difference, I just simply want the best cooler. I am definitely leaning toward the x61 right now but the main reason I'm not pulling the order trigger on it just yet is because I heard that the CAM software NZXT uses reportedly has a major negative performance impact. Is this something I should worry about in my pretty powerful rig? Or is it something that it's worth going with the H110 and it's software for?

Get the Corsair H105 - I have it and love it. 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

The question is, would it get me the same OCs and noise levels (roughly) as the Kraken? 

yeah but the H110 is old

wait for the H110i GT which was just announced at CES

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

the only real differences between the two AIO are the fans. the pump/radiator

are same (NZXT has LED). so within margin of error the two are pretty close.

if you feel you need the softy support the NZXT is there, but for mobo control

either is a best as they are so close to identical. they were made by Asetek to

the client's "specs".

Isn't it already available on the Corsair website?

idk maybe it is

I would rather get the H110i GT over the X61 because you have much more control with corsair link, and it doesnt have all the CPU usage issues that CAM has.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Isn't it already available on the Corsair website?

it is, and hopefully a better software package than the H100i and the plethora

of issues that are plaguing that platform. for me, either a PSU static voltage or

mobo control.

Is it actually a notable increase over mobo fan control?

That depends. If you have an ASUS motherboard with AI suite or fan xpert then no, but it will be better than most motherboards that dont have proper in-OS fan control.

Spoiler

So just forgot all the software control mumbo jumbo in your opinion? 

then find the best cost (know that wasn't the issue, but no sense spending more

for the same or less). i'm partial to the corsair coolers.

H110 would be the buy today option.

lowest the H110 has be trending is 99.99 as the x61 is 119.99

one thing though, most do not like the 140 fan packages and opt for a "better"

option and seem to run into less convenient option for the 140mm fans. so then

spending 20-40 for one fan can get a bit over-the-top. as the 120mm market

has 'em fast, slow, quiet, loud, lit up or plain.