Amd Fx 8370 temperature and cooling HELP

So I was thinking of getting an amd fx 8370 to go with my sapphire r9 290 and I wanted to know two things, First is there anyone who owns one who can give any info on max temps, stability and performance and whether or not it's a good buy and if not what else would you suggest? And also any suggestions for a good fan cooler for it that's preferable not as much as a noctua set up but still gives a good amount of cooling?

Depends, do you already own an AM3+ board? If not, I'd just buy a locked i5 tbh.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

So I was thinking of getting an amd fx 8370 to go with my sapphire r9 290 and I wanted to know two things, First is there anyone who owns one who can give any info on max temps, stability and performance and whether or not it's a good buy and if not what else would you suggest? And also any suggestions for a good fan cooler for it that's preferable not as much as a noctua set up but still gives a good amount of cooling?

I'm the last person to say this but... The 8350 just isnt worth it anymore unless you're planning on streaming. The AM3+ socket has lived out it's life, and if you're going to be purely gaming then a cheap i5 will go much further. It actually has an upgrade path where as the am3+ socket is dead.

If you DONT already have an AM3+ socketed board then holler, and we'll gladly oblige to show you a better build

If you DO have an AM#+ board already then go for it. You're not going to do much better on that socket.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I'm the last person to say this but... The 8350 just isnt worth it anymore unless you're planning on streaming. The AM3+ socket has lived out it's life, and if you're going to be purely gaming then a cheap i5 will go much further. It actually has an upgrade path where as the am3+ socket is dead.

If you DONT already have an AM3+ socketed board then holler, and we'll gladly oblige to show you a better build

If you DO have an AM#+ board already then go for it. You're not going to do much better on that socket.

Yeah it's an AM3+ board and I don't really have the budget for a new one :/ What would be the best current gaming cpu amd or intel for around £200 $300? And what would be a good board that's well priced with a socket that will be good for the next few years two come?