[Newegg - US] XFX Double Dissipation R9-290X-EDFD [USD $279.99]

dadasmithywinkle

So, yeah - Newegg has a 290X on sale for much cheaper than a GTX 970. 

Anywho, here it is - after rebates, it's $280. This is a deal is most likely for today only, though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150696&cm_sp=Homepage_FDD-_-P1_14-150-696-_-01272015

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

That's one hell of a card; people underestimate XFX a lot, since they used to be pretty crappy in the past; their GPUs since the 7000 series (except the core models) have been awesome.

That's one hell of a card; people underestimate XFX a lot, since they used to be pretty crappy in the past; their GPUs since the 7000 series (except the core models) have been awesome.

They look damn good as well. Hell of a deal right here.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

If only PNY made AMD GPUs.........i would buy them in a heartbeat....

A lot of people also underestimate PNY too......

If only PNY made AMD GPUs.........i would buy them in a heartbeat....

A lot of people also underestimate PNY too......

Yea, like the PNY GTX 780 Enthusiast Edition actually has a really cool cooler, and would look great in a black/white or white anything build.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Yea, like the PNY GTX 780 Enthusiast Edition actually has a really cool cooler, and would look great in a black/white or white anything build.

Well i like PNY a lot,it's just i never actually owned one of their cards before.... :(

I want a PNY GTX 580 XLR8 Enthusiast Edition card cause it looks great........

I have one of these black edition, and it cooled nicely up to 1100/1320 when it started to want more volts and power (wanted to keep fans decently silent). VRM would stay under ~75 with side fan and good airflow in haf 912. core temps barely hit 70C with the same fan config, and the fans aren't the loudest and whiniest of them all, but have a nice low hum/ swoosh of air and become audible to me at about 60% but do not get louder past 80%. Major con is this card does not have a back plate imo, otherwise it is a decent card, not as good as the sapphire or power color ones, but decent, I have the black edition version. It is better than asus 290x with the stock cooler for noise, but when with the g10 my asus oc's better.

Well i like PNY a lot,it's just i never actually owned one of their cards before.... :(

I want a PNY GTX 580 XLR8 Enthusiast Edition card cause it looks great........

Holy crap they had an AIO liquid cooled card before it was cool

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Holy crap they had an AIO liquid cooled card before it was cool

Yeah they did.

YMMwL.jpg

Yeah they did.

YMMwL.jpg

And it had a blue PCB. Oh how times have changed

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

and to think not long ago due to bitcoin mining the prices for these r290x's were staggering.

LOVE XFX. used only them until the STRIXs came along...

Off topic, but how do you feel about your 970 sli? I think im going  to buy one 970 now and after my tax return, another. I have a 23.8in asus vn2478h-p at 75hz and was waiting for a 1080p or 1440p 120Hz monitor to go with the second 970.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Not just this specific r9 290x is $280 after rebate, diamond, gigabyte, msi, and asus all have the same rebates on most of their r9 290x's.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Off topic, but how do you feel about your 970 sli? I think im going  to buy one 970 now and after my tax return, another. I have a 23.8in asus vn2478h-p at 75hz and was waiting for a 1080p or 1440p 120Hz monitor to go with the second 970.

i like them very very much. i got lucky and have ZERO coil whine and they barely kick on so i dont even hear them. play any game and ultra i put on. i too have a asus 23' 60Hz 1080p monitor so my next purchase will be a 1440p monitor with g-sync to use my cards to their full potential. i was partial since i only used XFX cards for the last 7 years but these are good and highly praised.

sorry to derail thread. if i didnt got the STRIX route i would of Xfired XFX 290X in a heart beat. i invested in good fans so the over heating thing would not be a issue for me

Yeah, XFX offers lifetime warranties too. I still remember when people used to think Sapphire was crap too.

One of the things it seems like isn't that well known yet is they have some of the top power supplies in the 80+ Bronze class. Lots of people seem to want Corsair or Thermaltake but usually XFX cost the same and are way better quality since they use Seasonic designs.

So is a 290x better then a 970 looking to upgrade really soon from Pny 560ti?